Prom nights are the most exciting and extraordinary times of any girl’s life. They are filled with love, laughter, fun, and beauty. We all want everything to be perfect at these special moments, who doesn’t?! So here we are, with prom hairstyles for long hair. For anyone to look feminine and gorgeous, the hairstyle and haircut patterns matter a lot. If you have lengthy hair, you are among the luckiest girls around to be able to flaunt out the fashion in the right pinch.
Let us get started and explore some of the elegant, best, and simple prom hairstyles for long hair this season.
12 Simple Prom Hairstyles Look for Long Hair Women:
Here are our top ten rated and most sought after pretty prom hairstyles for really long hair women. They are dead gorgeous and no less than a fairy tale style!
1. Prom Hairstyles for Long, Wavy, Thick Hair:
If you like half up half down hairstyles, this prom hairstyle will become your new favourite! This edgy and feminine sleek hairstyle is indeed one-of-a-kind, looking gorgeous and stunning. This is a perfect prom hairstyle for a long, wavy, thick texture. The hair looks perfect to give you a youthful and stylish appearance, and you can further enhance it with hair accessories and attachments.
- Preferable Face Shape: Women with oval, diamond and heart face shapes can try this out.
- Best Season to Try: Winters and monsoons are ideal.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in any age group below 40 years can check this look.
- Matching Outfits: Wear this with a long frock, dress, or skirt.
2. Easy Prom Hairstyles for Long Straight Hair:
We have you covered if you want an easy and quick seamless look for a prom event. This is a perfect choice if you have a gorgeous straight hair texture. This new age sleek and contemporary hairstyle idea echoes minimalism, grandeur, and elegant look. If you have blonde or brown hair colour, check this out.
- Preferable Face Shape: Women with any face shape can try this look.
- Best Season to Try: This style can be worked in any season.
- Ideal Age Group: Women below 35 years can check this style.
- Matching Outfits: Wear this with a knee-length one-piece dress or maxi flared outfit.
3. Messy Bun Updo Prom Hairstyles for Long Hair:
Who does not love to look all glammed up? Getting ready and having to be transformed with such a chic and trendy style statement is loved by all of us. Here is one such feminine yet modern and stylish variant to consider. We all know already how messy buns are making rounds all over and have been most most-voted look for several events. You can consider the same for prom too. All you need to do is get this look and get ready to attract all the attention you!
- Preferable Face Shape: A heart and diamond face shape can be best in this look.
- Best Season to Try: Summers and spring season are good to go in this stylish, trendy look.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for women below 25 years old.
- Matching Outfits: A long maxi dress with Western trend ruffles can be a great idea to pair with this Prom hairstyle for long hair.
4. Fancy Flower Hairstyle for Prom:
In case you are looking for a more comfortable and feminine look, with classic vibes around, this flower hairstyle trend variant can be quite a deal. Curl your hair very well to get the vintage looks, and work on the curls to make the gorgeous flowers. Add on the best hair accessories you love, and that is it; you are set to rock and sizzle the carpet in your prom events! This is also a good and suitable prom hairstyles option for long blonde hair.
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval, elongated and heart face shapes can suit this look very well.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style during the winter season.
- Ideal Age Group: Women below 22 years old can be quite good to try this prom half updo for long hair.
- Matching Outfits: Wear this style with the white or peach colour long net frock.
5. Simple Pony for Long Hair:
We understand if you want a simple and easy look. Some of us do not prefer very bold and outstanding looks out there, instead want an easier, simpler and cuter version of any hairstyle. Here is one such option. To get this look, all you need to do is a neat pony and tie it down. You can add a few hair accessories or instead opt for sizzling yet simple elastic, as shown in the picture. This can be a good option as prom hairstyles for long dark straight hair.
- Preferable Face Shape: All face shapes can try this versatile style out.
- Best Season to Try: Monsoons and winters are the right seasons to try this look.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for women below 30 years old.
- Matching Outfits: A nice knee-length flowy dress can be a good option in this hairstyle.
6. Vintage Prom Braids for Long Hair:
We all love braids. They are evergreen and versatile style trends that can never get out of the fashion world and style statements. Here is one such twisted braid look for a change! This modern trendy chic look is quite natural to do, and you can further enhance such style statements with accessories shown in the picture. There is a regular braid done in the beginning, after which the fishtail braid is switched over. We are entirely in love with this unique and latest prom hairstyle. What do you think?
- Preferable Face Shape: Heart, oval and diamond face shape can be styled.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this look for summer, fall and spring seasons.
- Ideal Age Group: Women below 25 years old can prefer this style.
- Matching Outfits: Wear a feminine flowy maxi dress to this look. Bodycon or Barbie cut dress can be the best.
7. Wavy Prom Hairstyles for Long Hair:
Can you resemble this puff hairstyle look to any of the fictional and cartoon characters you know? Well, got it! We are drooling over this Disney princess looks hairstyle. The gorgeous and neat waves, with a puffy look, are quite taking down the internet. If you want to achieve a similar look, all that you need to do is make similar curls and waves and you can add a hair accessory. Make a puff at the side, and you are set to go!
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval, diamond and elongated face shape try this style.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this style during the winter and fall seasons.
- Ideal Age Group: Women below 30 years old can prefer this look.
- Matching Outfits: Wear this style with a full-length maxi dress.
8. Ponytail Prom Hairstyles for Long Thick Hair:
We all already know about the casual high pony hairstyle. But did you ever think you could add such drama to this simple look? Here comes the high puffy and dense pony for thick long hair. It looks super gorgeous and yet stylish; one cannot just take it for granted and label it as a usual and straightforward look. You can go ahead and highlight your hair and still manage to look very fancy here.
- Preferable Face Shape: Square, round and oval face shapes can be this style.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this for the winter and summer seasons.
- Ideal Age Group: Women below 25 years can prefer this kind of look.
- Matching Outfits: Try this style with western skirts and fancy lace tops.
9. Simple Loose Hair for Prom:
Here is an open hair look for prom events. If you are running out in a hurry and yet not done with your makeover, this can be easy to go yet magnificent messy hairstyle. If you have further straight or thin long hair, you can go ahead and add curls or waves to add drama to this prom hairstyle option. It is quite an effortless, vibrant and classic hairstyle, which can never go wrong!
- Preferable Face Shape: All face shapes women can try this hairstyle without a doubt.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this for winter and monsoon season.
- Ideal Age Group: Women below 25 years can prefer this kind of simple look.
- Matching Outfits: A casual knee-length dress can be a good option.
10. Beautiful Dense Curls for Prom Event:
The movies and celebrities have spoiled us by wanting to have a fancy and feminine look. Who does not dream of having that fairy tale vibe and catching the attention of the crowd? This is one such option if you desire so. This prom hairstyle for long curly hair is ultimately amazing and leaves anyone in awe. It looks luxurious and gives a plush look to anyone who tries it out. We are in love with this look!
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval, diamond, and heart face shapes can be styled.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this for winter and fall seasons in the year.
- Ideal Age Group: Women below 22 years can prefer such a feminine look.
- Matching Outfits: A nice sleek knee-length dress can be a great option to pair with this look.
11. Boho Long Hairdos for Prom:prom hairstyles for long hair, in half up half down imitation.
- Preferable Face Shape: All face shapes can try this style without any doubt.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this for winters and monsoons only.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early 20s can quite look edgy and trendy in this one.
- Matching Outfits: Wear this style with Western bodycon dresses or skirts.
12. Feminine Rope Braided Long Hair:
Another of our favourite braid hairstyles is here. We quite love this kind of rope braid look, for dense and thick hair. The hair is braided from the crown area and is done in a side manner than the conventional way. It looks unique and trendy and can be further enhanced with hair accessories, depending on one’s choice. Streaks and highlighting the hair can be done for better effect.
- Preferable Face Shape: All face shapes can prefer this kind of hairstyle.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this look for the summer and spring seasons.
- Ideal Age Group: Women below 24 years old can try this unique look.
- Matching Outfits: Wear a lovely flowy maxi dress to this look, given the edgy and feminine vibes around.
All of us love to appear breathtaking on special occasions. Who does not? With these prom hairdos and looks, here are a few additional tips to enhance and work on bettering the overall appearance.
- Hair accessories can be your best friend if you love drama. Any feminine look can be better off with gorgeous and stylish hair accessories and pins.
- Hair spray is a good option if you want the hair to stay in place for longer.
- Always remove the hairstyle before you are off to bed. Never sleep with styled hair, as it may damage the overall look.
- Make sure hair isn’t dry while styling. Moisturizing hair products can help add extra shine and glam to the hair.
We hope you liked this guide and overall style gallery of these prom hairstyles for long hair. These are special, extraordinary and most sought after looks for girls and women who love to appear unique during special events and occasions. What are your thoughts? Which is your favourite look? Do let us know!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. What are some popular side prom hairstyles for long hair?
Ans: A few best side prom hairdos and styles for such events include messy side bun, side braid, side pony and loose side twists.
Q2. Can a messy prom hairdo as a braid suit women with square face shapes?
Ans: Yes, a messy prom hairdo with a braid style can suit women with a square face too. Braids are very versatile hairdos and can be best for women with different face shapes, given the little variations one can make.
Q3. What are some loose hairstyles for prom?
Ans: Besides the open and loose hair, you can go ahead with options such as pinned up curls, waves, and puffy pins for such events.