Simple Rangoli design with dots plays an important role in various Indian Rituals from region to region. People make rangoli in front of their houses to welcome prosperity, luck, and the goddess Lakshmi in their homes. This is common in festivals, especially in Pongal in South India and Diwali in North India. However, there are 29 states in India, and every state draws their kind of rangoli with lime powder, rice and vibrant colours on the floor. These are simple patterns with dots. Connecting these dots, one can make rangoli either simple or complicated. This article is wholly based on the rangoli design with dots, so you can glimpse these simple yet beautiful designs.
Popular Muggulu Designs with Dots 2022:
Here are the best rangoli designs with dots. Try these attractive designs; it gives a peaceful atmosphere and a bright look at your home.
1. The Colorful South Indian Dotted Rangoli:
This type of rangoli design with dots is followed in festivals like Pongal. The design is filled with beautiful colours, which build up the whole design. The rangoli also sports a beautiful four-sided pattern, which makes it look authentic.
- Design Specification: this is a traditional design of South Indian culture, especially for the Pongal festival.
- Meaning: its spiritual meaning is to bring prosperity and luck to the house.
- Speciality: its traditional design with Kalash and lotus makes it unique and denotes the culture in India.
2. The Most Complex Chukkala Muggu:
This rangoli design with dots differs from any design you have ever seen. It displays an octagon design that sports simple patterns inside the design with dots. The dots are connected using different colours, which makes this design unique.
- Beginners can also make this design where dots are placed and joined through curves.
- Mostly famous in South India, and people make it with lime powder or rice.
- The simple and easy design removes the negative energy from the house.
3. The Simple Dotted Rangoli Design:
This easy rangoli with dots design is simpler compared to the previous ones. Here a circle is drawn in the middle, and other intricate patterns are made surrounding the main circle. Undoubtedly, this is one of the most beautiful festivals rangoli designs ever and is often done on Bengali occasions.
- Anyone can make this design and can also fill colour in it.
- Geometrical shapes are easy to make and tangle out the viruses and bacteria entering the house.
- Lotus symbolises purity.
4. The Five Parallel Dots Design:
These beautiful new rangoli designs with dots are stunning. A dot is made in the centre, and an intricate pattern is made by joining the four dots on the corners. Many small dots are drawn throughout the design, which is further joined. Many colours can be applied to the blank portions of this design. However, yellow, red and blue will be the best colour combination for this design.
- This geometrical design is famous in every house, and people can make it every day using colours or only lime powder.
- This symbolises power and purity.
- It is made for festivals only.
5. The Dot Rangoli Design for Diwali:
These easy rangoli designs with dots for beginners are often sighted during occasions like Diwali. Like the previous one, this design uses the parallel dot pattern. Here, white and pink ground rice are used to adorn the rangoli design. So now you know how to do it, keep it on you’re to-do list for next Diwali.
- First, dots are placed in the square and then connected with white colour powder.
- The special occasion for this design is the pooja celebration.
- Shankh wipes out the negativity from the atmosphere, and colours add happiness.
6. Rangoli Designs with Dots for Beginners:
These are much easier designs and are intended for beginners. Here are the rangoli designs with dots step-by-step easy and small types of rangoli designs for beginners. You don’t have to be an expert to do this design. Anyone can do it easily with patience. Different colours can be used to make this design look more attractive.
- This design is especially found in Rajasthan, where people make this on their walls as wall paintings.
- The geometrical shape of this design means power.
- Brings prosperity to the house.
7. The Small Dot Rangoli Design:
This tiny dot rangoli design is a masterpiece. It sports a unique dotted pattern, which is further joined together. Many ground rice colours can be applied to this design to make it look more attractive. It is one of the best rangoli designs ever.
- The flowers and birds show nature, which is made to welcome a new season like Makar Sankranti.
- It shows freedom and happiness, and one should blossom like a flower in their life.
- Dots are placed on the floor to make this design.
8. The Small Rangoli Design with Dots:
This is the most beautiful Indian rangoli design with dots. The picture is drawn roughly on paper before its final application. The dots are drawn in a parallel pattern and filled with beautiful colours that beautify the design.
- Girls of the house prepare this rangoli as it is easy to make.
- Geometrical shapes are made in front of the house, and colours are filled as per the requirement.
- It symbolises power, masculinity and the ability to grow.
9. The Dotted Floral Mehndi Design:
This particular spiral-shaped rangoli design is filled with beautiful floral patterns. Dots are done in between and to the sides of the floral designs. In the centre, there is another unique pattern, which seems to be controlling the whole design.
- Women make it calm their anger and increase brain power.
- Shows the power of one’s brain.
- Dots are placed on a floor, and the design is started from the middle, as shown in the picture.
10. Hexagon-Shaped Rangoli Design:
This kolam rangoli design with dots is very simple and easy to make, and the hexagon is used to make this lovely design. This basic design is for beginners, and colours can be used in this design. The whole geometric pattern shows the power and prosperity in the house.
- The hexagon shape denotes the not ending loop that keeps away the negative energies from the house.
- Any occasion is suitable for this design.
11. Square-Shaped Dotted Rangoli Design:
This square-shaped rangoli design with dots is trendy nowadays as it is easy to make. This design is for beginners who put the dots in a square pattern and connect them through the lines and curves. This simple design can be made on every occasion.
- Any beginner can make this design without fuss by putting the dots on the ground.
- Every occasion is suitable for this design.
- Denotes living and non-living things by squares and flowers.
12. Dotted Curves and Lined Rangoli Design:
This requires a large surface area in front of the house, where you can put the dots in a circular shape from the centre to the circumference. Now by joining each dot to make the design and the design should look symmetrical. The suitable occasion for this design is New Year.
- By joining these dots, one can make flowers, triangles and another geometrical patterns.
- A special occasion is Happy New Year.
- Beginners can also make this powerful design by adding vibrant colours to it.
See More: New Year Rangoli Designs
13. Diya Rangoli with Dots:
This rangoli design with dots is suitable for only Diwali occasions when we lamp Diyas in front of our houses. This whole pattern is square, giving the swastika look at first sight. Goddess Lakshmi loves colours and design, so people make it in front of their house to make her happy.
- This pattern is so clear and easy to make that beginners can also make it.
- The best occasion is Diwali to please Goddess Laxmi.
- It wipes out the negativity and welcomes prosperity and happiness.
14. Diwali Rangoli Design with Dots:
As per the picture, this design is famous in South Indian culture, where dots were joined to make a beautiful pattern of Diyas, triangles, and diamond-shaped designs. Every part of this design is geometrical; hence, it is easy to make for everyone.
- Its significance is wiping out the negativity from the house and bringing prosperity.
- Make your home more beautiful to welcome guests.
- Adding colours can increase its beauty.
15. Star Kolam Design with Dots:
This star kolam rangoli design with dots is a trendy pattern in Rajasthan and Gujarat villages where women of the house make it on their walls, denoting the presence of stars and other objects that is present in the universe.
- It represents gratitude to the Sun, Moon, and the start present in this universe, and people can see it.
- Beginners can make this design in one go as dots at different ends are joined to make this simple design with lines only.
Tips for Dotted Rangoli Designs:
- While making rangoli design with dots, then make the pattern on the floor before giving it a final touch-up
- The symmetry of dots and straight lines are more critical in the dotted design, so make it first on the floor and then outline with white colour.
- Make the design on chart paper with a scale, then use that chart to make the design on the floor for clarity and cleanness.
- Place dots on the floor at an equal distance to make patterns and any design easier. Place these dots either in a circular shape or square.
There is a lot of variety available for the rangoli design with dots in this article. Choose the one as per your tradition, culture, and occasion. The list of 15 rangoli design shows different significance, and it has different meanings, from flowers and lines to stars. You may create your design, as it also gives you an idea about new patterns and trends in 2022.