Rose water was originally a Persian invention that the beauty industry swears by over generations. A by-product of the rose petals it is formed out of distilled water infused with the natural goodness of the nutrients in rose petals. It contains vitamins and has natural healing properties which are not harsh on the tender skin. For this reason it is considered for problems related to the skin around the eyes.
Benefits Of Rosewater For Eyes:
Here are some benefits of rosewater for eyes.
1. Reasons For Dark Circles:
- Lack of sleep
- Poor Life style habits such as addictions or poor diet.
- Skin pigmentation
- Poor blood circulation
- Genetic reasons where raccoon eyes run in the family.
2. Reasons For Puffy Eyes:
- Fluid retention due to illness, tiredness, pregnancy, or inflammation.
- Allergic reactions to medicines or anything else
- Lack of sleep
- Dehydration sometimes induced by a hangover
- Depression and sudden mood swings thanks to our erratic hormones
- Genetic factor
See More: How To Heal Dry Cuticles
Powers Of Rosewater:
- It helps regenerate and calm the irritated areas of the skin.
- It improves blood circulation in the capillaries reducing visibility of thread veins.
- It lightens blemishes and reduces puffiness under the eyes.
- It protects eyes from environmental impurities, redness, inflammation and irritation caused from use of cosmetic products, thanks to its antibacterial properties.
- Its beautiful fragrance helps reduce the stress levels in a person.
Beauty Remedies At Home:
To eliminate these atrocities one can resort to inclusion of rosewater and its healing properties in various areas of their normal skincare routine. Here are the best alternatives available:
Soothing Under-Eye Gel:
A wonderful gel for relieving and moisturizing tired eyes.
- 1 tsp strained cucumber juice
- 1 tsp Aloe Vera gel
- 1 tsp witch-hazel
- ¼ tsp corn-starch
Mix cucumber juice with aloe vera and corn-starch in a small saucepan and simmer. Remove after warm and stir in witch hazel avoiding lumps. Let it cool and save it in a clean bottle or jar for later. Apply this on soft under eye skin to soothe and replenish the skin.
See More: Most Beautiful Eyes In The World
Pink Milk Eye Soak:
If an elaborate gel is not your cup of tea, then opt for a easy to make eye soak that can fit into your regime whenever you have time.
Combine cold milk and rosewater together in equal proportions and steep a soft cotton ball in it. Once it soaks in the liquid let go of excess solution and put them over your eyelids and surrounding areas for ten minutes.
Done frequently it will give u a good sleep and lighter skin.
Rose Water Eye Pack:
- 2 Tbsps of pure rose water.
- ½ Tsp lemon juice.
- 4-5 Drops glycerin.
Use a soft cotton ball and dip it into this concoction. Apply it all over the affected areas above your cheek bones. Be careful that it does not enter your eye. Splash a lot of water in case it accidentally goes in. It is a pack that’s meant to be absorbed and does not require rinsing.
See More: Is Honey Good For Eyes
If one wants to leave no stone unturned then they can opt to rinse with rosewater on a regular basis. Add a few drops of rosewater to normal distilled water and stir it in. Wash your eyes with it every time you need to.
It helps soothing eye irritation caused due to a long hours at work, or watching TV till late night, pollution, stress or even hyper acidity.
They say eyes are one of the vital organs in our body which make us see the world in its full beauty. So lets keep them beautiful and healthy.
See More: Cucumber Benefits for Eyes