The supported shoulder stand falls under the reversed posture class on account of the way that the individual is in a rearranged posture when performing the stance. The posture is known as the Salamba Sarvangasana and is thought to be a stance for halfway to cutting edge understudies of yoga.
How to Do Salamba Sarvangasana and it’s Benefits:
1. The Pose:
- To start with, begin by collapsing several blankets into squares of measurements 1 foot by 2 feet and spot them over one another.
- Lie level on the covers with the shoulders upheld while your head is on the floor. Let your arms tumble to the floor and spot them other than your middle and keep your knees twisted. Let the heels stay in close association to the sitting bones while your feet are situated against the floor.
- The following step is to weight your arms against the ground as you raise your feet starting from the earliest stage, the thighs into your front middle as you all the while breathe out.
- Keep on raising the lower body as you twist the pelvis and after that lift the middle section of your body from the floor. This will guarantee that the knees come towards the face.
See More: Supported Headstand
- The following stage obliges you to extend the arms and keep them parallel to the covers’ edge to guarantee that the fingers are pressed towards the ground and the thumbs are indicating towards you.
- Lift the hips to bring the mid-section perpendicular to the floor.
- Curve the elbows and position your hands on your lower back with the fingertips indicating towards the roof. Keep the elbows on the ground separated at about a shoulder width.
- When you are comfortable, you ought to lift the thighs and, while keeping the knees curved, keep up their position to vertical against the floor.
- Draw the tailbone towards the pubic bone before you straighten the legs completely and stretch them out the extent that this would be possible, towards the roof, at the same time utilizing your hand on the back to help with the general offset.
- Verify that the shoulders, hips and feet are in a solitary line. The head and neck ought to likewise be in accordance with the spine. The head ought not to be turned at all when in this position.
- Keep up a space between the jaw and the midsection while holding the breath for around 10 to 15 minutes, with the more accomplished yoga understudies the posture could be held for some more amount of time.
See More: Rajakapotasana Benefits
- The arrival of the stance ought to be performed gradually and precisely.
- Don’t perform the stance on the off chance that you are a fledgling in yoga.
- Take after strictly the directions given by your yoga instructor.
- Stay away from this stance amid pregnancy.
- Those with wounds to the neck and shoulders ought to likewise not perform the stance.
See More: Salabhasana Yoga
3. Beginner’s Tip:
- Make utilization of props like yoga mat that could be placed underneath the cover. This will give backing and accordingly confine the cover from sliding.
- The yoga instructor could additionally help you with the stance in the starting stages, till the time you feel comfortable.
- You could make utilization of yoga straps as likewise a seat that can help support your leg once you raise it to a specific level.
A) Helps tone the rump and the legs.
B) Extends the neck and alleviates the shoulders.
C) Alleviates menopause indications.
D) Restorative Applications :
- Helps in the treatment of Asthma.
- Known to help with barrenness.
- Aids in easing the symptoms of menopause.
A straightforward variety to the stance is doing the Single Leg Shoulder Stand (Eka Pada Sarvangasana). For this stance let your left leg be straight and perpendicular to the ground while the right leg is gradually brought till it is parallel down to the ground. Follow these steps for the other leg too.