Samasthiti or the Tadasana (Mountain Pose) is one of the most religious yoga poses and is actually derived from a popular book about yoga postures in the old days. Samasthiti is basically a Sanskrit word which means ‘limitation of possessions’. Experts say that this posture is the way of connecting ourselves with the line of gravity existing inside. This particular yoga posture is actually not a hard one at all.
Rather, it is one of the most convenient yoga postures ever and you don’t require much of a practice to master this magnificent pose. The trick is to maintain the connection with inner gravity which can also be said to be the mind-body connection. Unless and until we are able to secure that connection, this posture will not do us any good.
Samasthiti is one of those yoga poses through which we can attain stability, comfort, and stillness. This yoga posture will relax our mind and our body from the core which is essential before randomly jumping in your office clothes or school uniform. It has been said long ago that the concept of this posture will restore the peace in this world.
How to Do Samasthiti Yoga Pose:
Following is the most effective and professional way to perform this yoga posture. So, if you’re a beginner, do follow through.
- First, you will have to begin by touching the toes but remember to keep the heels slightly apart from each other. Now sue the arch of the foot and slowly spread you toes on the ground or floor. Now, it is up to you to establish a proper grounding. The better your balance, the more effective this posture will be for you. You will have to feel the lie of energy passing through the body, especially in the legs.
- Now, slowly rotate your thighs and push the tailbone which will cause a slight movement in the lower abdomen.
- The third step is about shoulders. Roll the shoulders up towards the ears and shift them down again. This movement will open up the chest and will facilitate the breathing as well. However, while doing this do not put pressure on the lower ribs nor span the back.
- Fourthly, move your arms to the sides and affiliate your head over your center and spread the fingers as well. Stretch your fingers and palms in such a manner that they face your thighs. Also keep your chin parallel to the floor and keep gazing at the front. Maintain this pose for a while. Don’t forget to keep the connection with your inner gravity line.
Don’t forget to breathe as it is on of the most vital components for making this posture a successful one. After 30-35minutes come back to your original standing position and do a few repetitions.
Benefits of Samasthiti Yoga Pose (Tadasana):
- The Samasthiti effectively improves the posture and balance of the body. This yoga posture also strengthens the thighs, ankles, and knees.
- It has been proved to be beneficial for relieving sciatica and other major back problems as well. If you have breathing problems then this is the right posture to perform. Samastitihi will also increase your ability to focus on matters and subjects.
- Samasthiti also relaxes the buttocks and core muscles and improves the elasticity in those areas.