In case you have messy hair, then your best choice would be to try out the latest shaggy layered hairstyles. They are trendy and are new in the fashion market, which can make one look sporty and funky at the same time. They are unique, and the layers further add to the coolness quotient. Shaggy layered hairstyles are nothing but rock ‘n’ roll style haircuts. They give the appearance of being casual and the epitome of visual effortlessness with choppy layers all around the crown.
This kind of hairstyle is very popular among college goers who virtually have no time or patience to style and maintain their hair. Here we are with a complete tour of these hairstyles. Continue reading to see what you like the most.
9 Latest Shaggy Layered Hairstyles for Women with Images:
Below are the top 9 Shaggy Layered Hairstyles that a person should definitely try out.
1. Shagged Permed Look:
This haircut gives an adorably messy look with curls that looks very fresh with a silky finish. The fluffy curls are swept to one side, and you get a perfect framing for your face, with curls on either side of your face in light layers in a flirty style. This hairstyle suits those with fine curly hair and boosts the volume of hair on either side of the face with tapered ends. As a final touch, apply a bit of mousse and mess it up.
- Ideal Age Group: This style best suits women in their 20s.
- Matching Dresses: Try this out with only the best western dresses and skirts.
- Perfect Occasion: This style can suit any good and special parties and night events.
- Best Season to Try: Try this out in the winter season.
- Suitable Hair Type: This style suits short hair better.
- Preferable Face Shape: Ideal for round shaped faces.
2. Layered Shagged Curls:
The best shag cuts can be got on a hair that tends to curl lightly. The hair has elongated loads of layers with loose ends. It looks pretty stylish and effortless. This style makes the hair look bouncy and adds fullness to naturally curly hair. The beauty of the curls is in its volume, shape and bounce, which can be achieved with a good product and skilful hands. The hair cut with incredible layers all over can make one look sassy and elegant at the same time.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this out in the late 20s or early 30s.
- Matching Dresses: This style can suit ethnic and traditional wear or even western wear.
- Perfect Occasion: This is best for college fests or parties.
- Best Season to Try: Try this in winter or monsoon.
- Suitable Hair Type: This look is best for medium length wavy or straight hair.
- Preferable Face Shape: Suits oval-shaped face.
Read: Shag Haircuts With Bangs
3. Trendy Side Rolled Look:
Modern women opt for shag haircuts as it has a sharp and shapely style with easily-styled solutions. Nowadays modern shags are different as they vary in the number of layers for the edges. The thickness and length of hair, making it ideal for this trendy side rolled look on one side. This hairstyle makes the hair look flattering as it sports long loose tresses curled up to accentuate the texture of the hair. The multiple tiers of hair can be cut in a way where it can show off its highlights on top well.
- Ideal Age Group: This best goes with women in their 20s.
- Matching Dresses: Try this with either ethnic wear or western wear as you like.
- Perfect Occasion: This suits all types of occasions, college parties, office look or family festivities.
- Best Season to Try: The summer season is best for this hairstyle.
- Suitable Hair Type: This is best for straight medium hair or wavy hair.
- Preferable Face Shape: Looks good on oval shaped faces.
4. The Casual Shagged Look:
Shag is an ideal way to deal with long thick hair where shaggy layers cut at different levels of the hair. This hairstyle is also a perfect solution for those who have a large forehead and the style aims at concealing it and also accentuates the lower part of the face. One more advantage is that the hair on either side cuts in different levels and this ends up adding volume to the hair. The highlights of the cuts make the hair look even more flattering.
- Ideal Age Group: This suits women in their 20s.
- Matching Dresses: Try this out with any type of dress you like as it suits every type.
- Perfect Occasion: This style is best for college or office looks.
- Best Season to Try: The winter season is the best for this.
- Suitable Hair Type: Try this with medium or long dry and straight hair.
- Preferable Face Shape: Good for people with round shaped face as it makes their face look leaner.
5. Shagged Floral Look:
This style is yet another cut where the hair cuts in choppy layers and the messy curls are gathered up to make a stylish bun. The stylish curls are swept up to give a touch of elegance a naturally glamorous look. The two teasing wispy curls one either side add to the beauty of the face. This look can make the neck look long and graceful, and this hairstyle showcases a pretty face well. The wispy ends feathering around the face give an extra volume boost to the hair.
- Ideal Age Group: This suits all women below 35 years of age.
- Matching Dresses: Try this with grand ethnic long gowns or lehengas or western gowns.
- Perfect Occasion: This is best for wedding festivities or grand events.
- Best Season to Try: The summer season is the best for this style.
- Suitable Hair Type: This best suits all hair types.
- Preferable Face Shape: Best for an oval-shaped face as it enhances the features.
6. The Boyish Layer Look Shag Haircut:
This hairstyle is a choppy cut with layers of different lengths. The naturally wavy hair cuts in a way it is teasing the crown and brings out the inner tomboy in you. And the haircuts in a style that evokes chic-like vibes making it look very stylish. The well-defined extreme layers reveal a bold personality that oozes with brimming confidence with its cuts. This style has an unbalanced look to it and showcases your face and cheekbones well.
- Ideal Age Group: This best suits women below 33 years of age.
- Matching Dresses: This is best with western wear or shorts.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this with casual looks or sports look.
- Best Season to Try: This hairstyle is best for the summer season only.
- Suitable Hair Type: Try this for any short hair.
- Preferable Face Shape: Suits faces with oval shapes.
7. The Shaggy Bun Hair:
This hairstyle is a perfect messy bun made with wavy hair with curls where the hair is rolled up by twisting and looping it up. And this hairstyle is super elegant and helps you beat the summer heat. This hairstyle accentuates not only your cheekbones but also you give your neck an illusion of being long and graceful. This styled haircut keeps hair out of your face, and the variations in the haircut at different lengths on the crown of your head make you look gorgeous and earn you a second look wherever you go.
- Ideal Age Group: This best suits women above 30 years of age.
- Matching Dresses: Try this for long western gowns or ethnic wear
- Perfect Occasion: Try this for grand occasions and festivities
- Best Season to Try: This is best for events during summers
- Suitable Hair Type: Try this for long hair
- Preferable Face Shape: This style is suitable for oval-shaped and long faces.
8. The Metallic Party Shag Hairstyle:
The steep angle of this hairstyle is styled to perfection and looks flawless. The soft layers can be kept in place with a texturizing spray and are ideal for those who want a sophisticated look. This cut can look dramatic by visually elongating the balance out of a rounder face. The vibrant hue from dark to light adds an extra dimension to this swooped out the hairstyle and gives it a little extra oomph factor.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this for women of any age below 38 years of age.
- Matching Dresses: This is best with long western gowns.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this for fancy night parties.
- Best Season to Try: This hairstyle is best during winter.
- Suitable Hair Type: Try this for any wavy hair.
- Preferable Face Shape: Looks good on round faces.
Read: Shaggy Bob Cuts
9. The Prom Night Look:
This hairstyle is a look that will help you steal the show with curls that bounce at different levels without creating a mess. The cascading curls create a feminine yet hot look. Use a lightweight gel to scrunch your hair to get bouncy curls that fall on your shoulders to enhance the feminine look as you groove on the dance floor. This style is just perfect for a diva and shows that curls are beautiful even when you simply wear them down in an exquisite ladylike fashion.
- Ideal Age Group: This is best for women in their 20s to early 30s.
- Matching Dresses: Try this with western dresses.
- Perfect Occasion: This look is great with western dresses for night parties.
- Best Season to Try: This is best for winter and monsoon.
- Suitable Hair Type: Try this for curly and wavy hair only.
- Preferable Face Shape: Ideal for both oval and round shaped faces.
- In case you want to maintain the hairstyle, trim the hair for this style once in a while with professional help. A month or two times is good for a trim according to hair growth.
- Make sure to nourish the hair well. Apply good hair serums every time after hair wash.
- Go to a good herbal hair spa once a month for better texture.
- Make sure to take the help of a professional to style fancy hairstyles.
Who does not love these new shaggy layered hairstyles? Layered haircuts not only look flattering but add volume to the hair. Layers give a new look to your usual regular hair without losing the length of hair. They are smart, unique, super stylish and bold; all at the same time. Try out these new looks and let us know what you think of them.
Frequently Asked Question and Answers:
Q1. Is regular styling for this shaggy look good for hair?
Ans: In case you manage to take care of hair regularly with a visit to a good spa, hair masks and hair serums, you can take good care of shaggy layered hairstyles even after styling. It all depends on how well you can maintain your routines regularly.
Q2. How to overcome damage due to styling tools regularly?
Ans: There are certain hair products available that can be used before applying the heating tools to your hair. Products which contain silicone give a coating of protection to the hair to protect it from the heat generated by the regular usage of styling equipment. Do use argan oil serum and gels regularly.
Q3. How can I take natural care of the hair for this hairstyle?
Ans: Any hair requires the right amount of attention for good texture and style. Make sure to not over shampoo than twice or thrice a week. Apply good oil mask before shampooing hair. Apply onion mixture to hair for a smooth texture. Further oats and curd is a good blend as well for smoothness.