As much as we want to look good and pretty, kids also have the same feeling. Hairstyle plays a major role in making the little ones look pretty and stylish. The new kid hairstyles for short hair are here for all those children who have short hair. These short hairstyles for kids are quite easy to replicate, comfortable and suit several hair and face types. Hence, keep reading and check out which are the latest short haircuts for kids you like and which will suit them the best.
15 Best and Simple Kids Hairstyles for Short Hair in 2023:
Summer means short hair. This article lists the nine latest cute short hairstyles for kids, both girls and boys, in India.
1. Bob Hairstyles for Kids:
Bob haircuts are even popular for younger kids. We love this variant of short bob hairstyle with fringes. Kids in any age group can try out this low-maintenance yet chic and beautiful haircut for an instant glam look. It is among the best trending short hairstyles for kids.
2. Fancy Hairstyles for Kids:
While a cute little ponytail can never go wrong, you can glam it up a little more by adding fancy hair clips and attachments. This can instantly elevate the appearance and enhance the looks of young girls. This is among the perfect schoolgirl hairstyles for kids that are quick and easy yet cute and charming. Do you agree?
3. Natural Curly Short Hairstyle:
Curly hairstyles may be tricky, but that is not the case if you know how to tweak them for perfect looks. We love this natural hairstyle for kids with short, curly hair. This naturally delivers a messy look and enhances the cute vibes with striking modern features. It is a perfect choice in easy hairstyles for those from 4 to 10 years old.
4. Low Fade Haircut with Curly Hair:
How about another kid’s hairstyle for boys with short hair? The fade look is the new cool among kids fashion, and you too can replicate a similar look with curly hair to give it a unique and charming vibe. As shown above, the low fade with curly hair is among our top favourite and trending looks this season. It is a perfect special look to try out on young school-going boys.
5. Side Fade Haircut for Boys:
In the range of different fade haircuts, we have this variant to check out, too! The stunning look is a perfect short hairstyle for kids across age groups. It is not only a charm with a fashionable appearance but is also low maintenance and gives a contemporary style. Isn’t it cool?!
6. Curly Short Hairstyle for Boys:
Within the curly hairstyles, we even have this unique look for you. This style is all about flaunting the dense, thick curls near the crown with light, clean semi-fade on the sides. The style can even be embraced with blonde hair or different hair colours for a new, diverse outlook.
7. Blunt Cut with Side Braid:
To style this hair, you will need a paddle brush, some clips and ribbons. Comb the hair gently with the paddle brush, or detangle the hair with a wide-toothed comb. The hair has to be freshly washed for this purpose. Part the hair to one side using your fingers or a comb.
The part line should extend from the line of the forehead to the back of the head. Clip the hair on one side of the face and comb the longer ends. Separate the longer ends into three sections and braid the hair until the temple. Clip the braids at the temple and comb them. Your new easy hairstyle for kids with short hair is ready!
- Perfect Occasion: The style suits casual day outings with friends or family.
- Matching Dresses: Try this style out with cute frocks and skirts.
- Best Season to Try: This style is best suited and matched in summer.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This is good for kids with round and heart-shaped faces and with cropped hair.
8. Pixie Haircut for Girl Kid:
The pixie haircut is the easiest to manage in summer. This cute hairstyle for kids with short hair does not need combing or much shampooing and is the easiest to maintain. This is for the toddler who is often found playing in the mud and has to take showers multiple times a day. The hair dries quickly, and the cut goes with summer beach and little bridesmaid dresses.
It is very confident and versatile and looks very cute on little girls. The parting for this hair is generally to the side, and it is best meant for kids with straight hair.
- Perfect Occasion: Matching this style with casual play outings is great.
- Matching Dresses: Dress up with a cute bright frock for this look.
- Best Season to Try: This hairstyle suits any season you wish.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this hairstyle with an oval face and a round face with any hair type.
9. Crew Crop Hair Look for Children’s Short Hair:
This cool short haircut for kids meant for troublemaker kids who are naughty and truant. This look is cropped around the ears and the sides and is tapered in the front to look as though it has enough volume and texture. To style this hair, you will need a paddle brush. Comb the hair gently with the paddle brush, or detangle the hair with a wide-toothed comb. The hair has to be freshly washed for this purpose. Brush the hair forward using your fingers, or blow dry it in that direction. Set it in place with hair spray or hair gel. Your new hairstyle is ready!
- Perfect Occasion: Try out this style when going for family outings.
- Matching Dresses: This style is good with a cute T-shirt and jeans.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style for kids during any season, as it suits all times.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This hairstyle is good with round or oval-shaped faces and any straight hair type.
10. Gel Styled for Short Hair Boy Kids:
This style can be carried off by young boys who look stylish even at this young age. This is great as it creates a dashing look by uplifting the hairdo a bit on top. And this is good even for those young boys with less and short hair.
- Best Season to Try: Any season, whether summer or winter, is good for this style.
- Perfect Occasion: This is good for casual outings and events or playtimes.
- Matching Dresses: Work on a casual shirt and shorts for this look to make it look trendy.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style out for a round face boys and oval-shaped face boys with any hair type to make this look
11. Short Asymmetric Bob Haircut for Girl Child:
This short haircut for girl kids is as classy as it can get. And this is a super cute hairstyle and is greatly suited to those with chubby cheeks and bodies. This is stylish and classy and has a vintage look to it. Try and cut through accentuating from the jawline to add volume to the hair.
- Best Season to Try: This is a great hairstyle to try out in winter.
- Matching Dresses: Maxi frocks and skirts are good with this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Try out this classic style during dinner times or festivities.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This hairstyle is good for round shaped faces and straight hair types.
12 The Beach Wavy Look Haircut for Boys:
This short haircut for boys is great for cute and naughty boys. This look is greatly suitable for those in the toddler age group with straight hair. This classic style suits several boys because it is simple yet trendy. This hairstyle also has scope to style it up further by applying the gel in case of an occasion.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style with ease in winter.
- Perfect Occasion: Enjoy creating this look during school events.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This kid hairstyle is ideal for any face type and straight hair only.
- Matching Dresses: This style suits a casual T-shirt and pants or shorts for the look.
13. The Cut Ringlet Look Hairstyle for Girls and Kids:
This hairstyle for girls with short hair is great for chubby-cheeked girls. This vintage style never goes out of fashion, given the way it is classy and comfortable. And this can be created with ease in case the girl has curly hair. This creates a cherubic, cute and innocent look now. Who does not want this look?
- Matching Dresses: This style is suitable well with cute skirts and dresses.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style for winter and monsoon seasons.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This looks good on round, heart-shaped faces and short, curly hair.
- Perfect Occasion: This hairstyle is best for school functions or family festivities.
14. Spikes Haircut for Kids Boys:
With the advent of Beckham, spikes are a new rage, so why not try it for your toddler boy? A little hair gel will fix the spikes in place. This short, spiky haircut for kids is great for anyone wanting to style it further with gel and wax. It gives such a hi-fi and elegant, dashing look that even kids would love flaunting it.
- Perfect Occasion: This style would look ideal for a party.
- Matching Dresses: Casual T-shirts and jackets look good here.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style in summer for a bright look.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Those with round and oval-shaped faces with any hair type can carry this style.
15. Side Bun Hairstyles for Kids and Girls:
This short bob for kids can easily be achieved and is super comfortable. This cute pigtail bun keeps on the top of the hair by taking hair from all over. This toddler girl looks super dashing and pretty in a bright frock in this style. These hairstyles are also effortless and comfortable for kids during humid and hot climates.
- Best Season to Try: This style well suits summer at its best.
- Matching Dresses: This kid bob haircut is suitable for a cute and bright-coloured dress.
- Perfect Occasion: Play times and birthday party events are great for this style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style with round shaped face and short hair.
16. Spiky Short Hairstyle for Boy:
This look is great for those short hair boy kids who have straight hair texture. And this is spiky up with a bit of up-do with the help of wax or pomade. This hair lift is stylish and trendy and looks dashing on most young boys. It is a new style that can follow with a bit less hair beneath and fluffy hair on the top.
- Perfect Occasion: This is good for casual outings with family.
- Matching Dresses: Try out this style with bright colour T-shirts and shorts.
- Best Season to Try: Try out this style during any season as it suits all equally and comfortably.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Work on this style with those who have straight hair and oval faces.
- Apply good gel and serum to style hair well and when it is wet, as it helps stay longer.
- Work on the hairstyles with professional help instead of doing it yourself.
- Trim hair once in three months or two months for better hair growth.
- Do not wash your hair more than twice weekly to avoid damage.
- Trim hair regularly to maintain the look.
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo to condition and nourish hair.
I hope these kids’ hairstyles for short hair are suitable and apt for several occasions and events. Given that summer is fast approaching, let us opt for stylish haircuts to make the kids feel comfortable and beat the heat with style in the abovementioned hairstyles. These hairstyles are easy and fun to create, so try them out at home with your little ones!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. What are the reasons for kids’ hair thinning?
Ans: The kids’ hair may get thin due to infection, lice, scalp issues and hair damage. If the thinning is more than normal, visiting a doctor and seeking their advice before it becomes a chronic condition is safer.
Q2. Is it safe to use gel for kid’s hair?
Ans: Yes, the gel can be used safely on kids’ hair, and it is quite safe, unlike what many people usually think. Make sure there are no harsh chemicals present in the gels which can cause damage to the hair.
Q3. Is it okay to keep several clips while styling a girl’s hair?
Ans: Yes, clips can be used even to secure hair, but ensure the clips are not too tight, as this can damage hair. Use accessories that are comfortable for the children and do not cause discomfort and damage the hair.