As much as we want to look good and pretty, kids also have the same feeling. Hairstyle plays a major role in making the little ones look pretty and stylish. The new kid hairstyles for short hair are here for all those children who have short hair. These short hairstyles for kids are quite easy to replicate, comfortable and suit several hair and face types. Hence keep reading and check out which are the latest short haircuts for kids you like and will suit them the best.
10 Best and Simple Kids Hairstyles for Short Hair in 2020:
Summer means short hair. This article lists the nine latest cute short hairstyles for kids, both girls and boys in India.
1. Blunt Cut with Side Braid:
To style this hair, you will need a paddle brush, some clips and ribbons. Comb the hair gently with the paddle brush or detangle the hair with a wide-toothed comb. The hair has to be freshly washed for this purpose. Part the hair to one side, using your fingers, or a comb.
The part line should extend from the line of the forehead till the back of the head. Clip the hair on one side of the face and comb the longer ends. Separate the longer ends into three sections and braid the hair until the temple. Clip the braids at the temple and comb them. Your new easy hairstyle for kids with short hair is ready!
- Perfect Occasion: The style is well suited for casual day outings with friends or family.
- Matching Dresses: Try this style out with cute frocks and skirts.
- Best Season to Try: This style is best suited and matched in summer.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This is good for kids with round and heart-shaped faces and with cropped hair.
2. Pixie Haircut for Girl Kid:
The pixie cut is the easiest to manage in summer. This cute hairstyle for kids with short hair does not need combing, or much shampooing, and is the easiest to maintain. This is for the toddler who is often found playing in the mud and has to take showers multiple times a day. The hair dries quickly, and the cut goes with summer beach dresses and little bridesmaid dresses alike.
It is very confident and versatile and looks very cute on little girls. The parting for this hair is generally to the side, and it is best meant for kids with straight hair.
- Perfect Occasion: Matching this style with casual play outings is great.
- Matching Dresses: Dress up with a cute bright frock for this look.
- Best Season to Try: This hairstyle is best suited for any season as you wish.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this hairstyle with an oval face and round face with any hair type.
3. Crew Crop Hair look for Children’s Short Hair:
This cool short haircut for kids meant for troublemaker kids who are naughty and truant. This look is cropped around the ears and the sides and is tapered in the front to look as though it has enough volume and texture. To style this hair, you will need a paddle brush. Comb the hair gently with the paddle brush or detangle the hair with a wide-toothed comb. The hair has to be freshly washed for this purpose. Brush the hair forward using your fingers, or blow dry it in that direction. Set it in place with hair spray or hair gel. Your new hairstyle is ready!
- Perfect Occasion: Try out this style when going for family outings.
- Matching Dresses: This style is good with a cute T-shirt and jeans.
- Best Season to Try: Try out this style for kids during any season as it suits all times.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This hairstyle is good with round or oval-shaped face and any straight hair type.
See More: Hairstyles For Short Curly Hair
4. Gel Styled for Short Hair Boy Kids:
This style can be carried off by young boys who can look stylish even at this young age? This is great as it creates a dashing look by uplifting the hairdo a bit on top. And this is good even for those young boys who have less and short hair.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good for this style, be it summer or winter.
- Perfect Occasion: This is good with casual outings and events or for playtimes.
- Matching Dresses: Work on a casual shirt and shorts for this look to make it look trendy.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style out for round face boys and oval-shaped face boys with any hair type to make this look
5. Short Asymmetric Bob Haircut for Girl Child:
This short haircut for girl kids is as classy as it can get. And this is a super cute hairstyle and is greatly suited with those who have chubby cheeks and body. This is stylish and classy and has a vintage look to it. Try and cut through accentuating from the jawline to add volume to hair.
- Best Season to Try: This is a great hairstyle to try out in winter.
- Matching Dresses: Maxi frocks and skirts are good with this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Try out this classic style during dinner times or festivities.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This hairstyle is good with round shaped faces and straight hair types.
6. The Beach Wavy Look Haircut for Boys:
This short haircut for boy kids is great for cute and naughty boys. This look is greatly suitable for those who are in the toddler age group with straight hair. This classic style suits several boys, given the way it is simple yet trendy. This hairstyle also has scope to style it up further by applying the gel in case there is an occasion.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style with ease in winters.
- Perfect Occasion: Enjoy creating this look during school events.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This kid hairstyle is ideal for any face type and straight hair only.
- Matching Dresses: This style is suitable for a casual T-shirt and pants or shorts for the look.
7. The Cut Ringlet Look Hairstyle for Girls Kids:
This hairstyle for girls with short hair is great for chubby-cheeked girls. This is a vintage style which never goes out of fashion given the way it is classy and comfortable. And this can be created with ease in case the girl has curly hair. This creates a cherubic, cute and innocent look, now who does not want this look.
- Matching Dresses: This style is suitable well with cute skirts and dresses.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style for winter and monsoon seasons.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This looks good on round and heart-shaped faces and short curly hair.
- Perfect Occasion: This hairstyle is best in case of school functions or family festivities.
8. Spikes Haircut for Kids Boys:
With the advent of Beckham, spikes are a new rage, so why not try it for your toddler boy? A little hair gel will fix the spikes in place. This short hairdo for kids is great for anyone who wants to style it up further with gel and wax. It gives such a hi-fi and elegant, dashing look that even kids would love flaunting it.
- Perfect Occasion: This style would look ideal for a party.
- Matching Dresses: Casual T-shirts and jackets look good here.
- Best Season to Try: Try out this style in summer for a bright look.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Those with round and oval-shaped faces with any hair type can carry this style.
9. Side Bun Hairstyles for Kids Girls:
This short bob for kids can be achieved with ease and is super comfortable. This cute pigtail bun keeps on the top of the hair by taking hair from all over. This toddler girl looks super dashing and pretty with a bright frock with this style. These hairstyles are effortless and comfortable for kids as well during humid and hot climate.
- Best Season to Try: This style well suits summer at its best.
- Matching Dresses: This kid bob haircut is suitable for a cute and bright coloured dress.
- Perfect Occasion: Play times and birthday party events are great for this style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style with round shaped face and short hair.
See More: How To Hairstyles For Short Hair
10. Spiky Short Hairstyle for Boy:
This look is great for those short hair boy kids who have straight hair texture. And this is spiky up with a bit of up-do with the help of wax or pomade. This hair lift is stylish and trendy and looks dashing on most of the young boys. Its a new style can follow with a bit of less hair beneath and fluffy hair on the top.
- Perfect Occasion: This is good for casual outings with family.
- Matching Dresses: Try out this style with bright colour T-shirts and shorts.
- Best Season to Try: Try out this style during any season as it suits all equally and comfortably.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Work on this style with those who have straight hair and oval faces.
- Make sure to apply good gel and serum to style hair well and when the hair is damp and wet as it helps to stay for a more extended period.
- Work on the hairstyles with professional help instead of doing it yourselves.
- Trim hair once in three months or two months for better hair growth.
- Do not wash hair more than twice a week to avoid hair damage.
- Trim hair regularly to maintain the look.
- Use sulfate-free shampoo, condition and nourish hair.
Hope these kids hairstyle for short hair is suitable and apt for several occasions and events. Given that summer is fast approaching, let us opt for stylish haircuts to make the kids feel comfortable and beat the heat with style in the hairstyles mentioned above. These hairstyles are easy and fun to create, so try them out at home with your little ones!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. What are the reasons for kids’ hair thinning?
Ans: The kids’ hair may get thin due to several reasons like infection, lice, scalp issues and hair damage. If the thinning is more than normal, then it is safer to visit a doctor and seek their advice before it becomes a chronic condition.
Q2. Is it safe to use gel for kids hair?
Ans: Yes, the gel can be used safely on kids’ hair totally, and it is quite safe, unlike what many people usually think. Make sure there are no harsh chemicals present in the gels which can cause damage to the hair.
Q3. Is it okay to keep several clips while styling girls hair?
Ans: Yes, clips can be used to even secure hair, but make ensure that the clips are not too tight as this can damage hair. Use accessories that are comfortable for the children and do not cause discomfort and damage the hair.