Sugarcane Juice is a staple beverage in many South Asian, as well as Latin American countries. Because of its refreshing taste and many health benefits. But people often question whether what is healthy during normal times is also healthy during pregnancy. So is sugarcane juice good during pregnancy? The answer is –yes, sugarcane juice during pregnancy is highly beneficial for both the mother and the baby. As long as there are no diabetes or diabetic tendencies. In that case, it is best to consult a doctor before drinking sugarcane juice. Eating sugarcane during pregnancy takes care of various pregnancy-related problems. All in a highly safe and natural way. Some of the many benefits of sugarcane juice during pregnancy are listed below.
Nutritional Values for Sugarcane Juice During Pregnancy:
1. Sugarcane juice contains many vital nutrients like Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and C. Vitamin deficiency is a common problem during pregnancy. And eating sugarcane during pregnancy can counter this problem efficiently.
2. Sugarcane juice has lots of anti-oxidants which detoxify the body, increase immunity, boost metabolism, prevent DNA damage and reduce allergic reactions.
See More: orange juice benefits during pregnancy
3. Sugarcane juice is rich in proteins. Proteins are very important for the fitness of the mother, and the healthy growth of the baby.
4. Sugarcane juice is a rich source of calcium, cobalt, copper, chromium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc and iron. Sugarcane juice during pregnancy counters the problem of mineral deficiency.
5. Sugarcane juice contains polyphenols in it which help to boost metabolism. Polyphenols in sugarcane juice ensure that there is a healthy weight gain.
6. Sugarcane juice is rich in fibre as well. It helps boost digestion. Sugarcane juice efficiently and naturally counters constipation-one of the most common problems faced during pregnancy.
Health Benefits Of Sugarcane Juice During Pregnancy:
1. Sugarcane juice is a source of instant energy. Energy is required by the mother to live an active and fit life during pregnancy. A glass of sugarcane juice a day to provide you with energy. But sugarcane juice has a low glycaemic index and thus will prevent an increase in the level of glucose in the blood. Hence it is a 100% natural and safe source of instant energy.
See More: best juices for pregnancy
2. Sugarcane juice very effectively deal with the problem of morning sickness and nausea. A glass of sugarcane juice with a dash of ginger, if taken every morning regularly, reduces morning sickness and nausea.
3. Sugarcane juice also prevents another common problem faced during pregnancy, that is, urinary tract infection. Having sugarcane juice along with lemon water and coconut water regularly is a safe and natural way to prevent urinary tract infection.
4. Sugarcane juice also counters pregnancy-related skin troubles like acne, pigmentation or dry and flaky skin. Sugarcane juice has high glycolic acid, and hence these problems are resolved.
5. Being adequately hydrated is very important during pregnancy for the safety and health of both mother and baby. Sugarcane juice is a refreshing and delicious way to get enough fluids.
6. Sugarcane juice strengthens the major body organs like the heart, kidneys and stomach.
See More: apple juice during pregnancy
7. Sugarcane juice is also very rich in live enzymes which nourish the body.
8. Sugarcane juice increases the haemoglobin levels of both mother and baby.
9. The benefits of sugarcane juice during pregnancy are immense as sugarcane juice is one of the best, most refreshing natural beverages to drink during pregnancy because of all the various essential nutrients and fiber it contains.
I hope this article sufficiently answers your question “Is sugarcane juice good during pregnancy?” However, I reiterate that if there is a case of diabetes, or there are any diabetic leanings at all, it is the best and safest option to consult with a doctor before consuming sugarcane juice.