A hall is the area of the house which usually brings your entire family together, be it for food, homework sessions, or just chilling out. It represents your personality in the tiles for walls and flooring, and it defines the atmosphere for most of your activities throughout the day, for work or recreation. There are many different types of tiles designs for the hall or living rooms. Take your time in picking the latest tile design for your hall or living room after assessing the decor and the wall colour, as it dictates the mood of the room. It is necessary to keep in mind that the floor tiles match the wall tiles as well to give a more cosy feeling to your home.
Choosing The Best Tiles for Living Room or Hall:
Choose the tiles according to the area of the house. The floor tiles should be chosen carefully in high-movement areas like the kitchen and the hall. The wall tiles should be selected according to the floor tiles, should not clash or overpower them and should create a comfortable atmosphere overall.
- Choose durable and resistant tiles to avoid too many maintenance costs.
- Prefer the scratch-resistant and stain-resistant varieties, especially if you have kids in your house.
- Select the ones which are relatively easy to clean for hassle-free maintenance
Best Tiles Designs For Hall In India:
Here are our 25 simple and modern tiles designs for hall or living room, that will give you much-needed ideas while designing your home.
1. Interior Wall Tiles For Hall:
Add warmth and charm to your home with these coloured mosaic wall tiles. They are available in different colours and shades and can be combined in various looks to lend a contemporary look to the hall or living space. With minimalistic and contrasting furniture, these wall tiles can change the entire look of your house.
- Pros: These tiles are durable and have a long life.
- Cons: It might prove to be challenging to maintain and clean them.Slightly expensive.
2. Designer Tiles For Living Room:
This stunning modern decor showcases polished marble tiles both for the flooring and the wall to create a stunning effect! Here, the interior has been done in shades of white and black, and the matching furniture adds an extra dose of charm to it. This model can be customized with various colours and designs and matched up with the furniture to create a beautiful and modern look.
- Pros: Quite easy to maintain. It is easy to clean these tiles with just soap and water too.
- Cons: Refrain from using harsh chemicals to clean the surface as it stains easily. Slightly on the costlier side.
3. Elevation Tiles For Living Room:
Change the atmosphere of your living room/hall with the latest elevation wall tiles design. They are usually used as a substitute for natural stones. These tiles add a touch of luxury and grace to the area with their rustic look. They are available in varying designs and colours.
- Pros: Several unique designs are available in the market. Ultimate in strength and durability. Easily available. Reduce the maintenance cost when compared to natural stone.
- Cons: The darker colour variants might make the area look dull. Expensive.
4. Hall Tiles With Border:
Add an extra edge to your room decor by adding an elegant border to your flooring. Border tiles lend the perfect finishing touch to the tiled area in your hall or living room. There are different types of border tiles available, depending on the type of flooring, like ceramic, granite, etc. The picture here is of granite tiles with diamond-shaped tiles finished with a double border of small square-shaped tiles.
- Pros: They accentuate the decor of your room with eye-catchy detail.
- Cons: Might increase the cost of construction as they are priced higher than the standard inlay tiles.
5. Italian Tiles For Living Room:
Italian tiles are considered the best fireproof tiles in the world. They help in containing the fire in case of an accident by stopping the spread. They are quite attractive and are available in a wide array of designs, shades, and colours. They are beautiful, with a sleek and glossy finish.
- Pros: They are eco-friendly and easy to clean. The surface is smooth finished and well polished, and quite durable.
- Cons: Needs installation by experts as it is prone to cracks. The polish fades over time, hence do not use harsh cleaning chemicals on the surface.
See More: Simple Floor Tiles Designs
6. Contemporary Tiles For Hall:
This flooring tile design with light pastel colours in varying shades adds a modern touch to your living room. These tiles are available in various colours and designs, each shade more unique than the other. They can be mixed and matched together to create a cool effect.
- Pros: These tiles are durable and scratch-resistant. Easy to maintain and clean.
- Cons: Stains easily. These tiles require frequent cleaning and maintenance. A bit heavy on the pocket.
7. Picturesque Wall Tiles For Living Room:
These stylish concrete wall tiles give an iconic vintage look to your home. These tiles in varying shades of white and grey create an exquisite ambience in your living room and when combined with contrasting furniture, as shown above, it is sure to be a hit with everyone. A wide variety of shades and patterns are available in these tiles and can be customized as desired.
- Pros: They are durable. Easy to maintain. Environment-friendly. Incredibly stylish and affordable too.
- Cons: Any spills or stains should be cleaned up immediately to prevent permanent damage. There is a risk of cracking with water or heavy usage.
8. Floor Tiles Design For Hall:
These extra-large tiles can be used to spruce up your living room or hall to create a unique spacious ambience. They are available in a full variety of colours and designs and be customized to create a floor unique to your home. They have a glossy finish, and the wooden borders match the wooden tabletop and display cabinet in the given living room space. Mix and match to create a contemporary look in your home.
- Pros: These tiles are quite easy to maintain and clean. Extremely durable and scratch-resistant.
- Cons: These tiles can stain easily. Hence they should be preferably washed with soap and water or mild cleansers.
9. Beige Floor Tiles For Living Room:
These tiles with a light, slightly washed-out colour and texture are sure to be a hit with people who love modern interiors. These tiles are polished and have an elegant and glossy appearance. You can match your furniture in pastel colours to create a sleek and stylish space that looks ultra-modern.
- Pros: These tiles are durable and easy to clean and maintain. A huge variety of colours and designs are available and can be customized to your choice.
- Cons: Slightly on the expensive side. Stains quickly and requires regular cleaning. These tiles can be quite slippery too.
10. Gray Tiles For Hall:
Grey might be the new black of interior design, i.e., the latest trendy colour in tiles. These dark grey tiles blend into any style and enhance any setting. The shades may range from ash to burnished tones, and they are available in a wide variety of patterns and designs. Pairing these dark grey wall and floor tiles with modern sleek and classy furniture will give your home the upgrade it needs.
- Pros: These are durable and scratch and stain-resistant. Easy to maintain and clean.
- Cons: These might block out light and lend a dark ambience to the room. Doing both the wall and floor in the same tiles might be slightly heavy on the pocket.
See More: Best Wall Tiles Designs
11. Maroon Tiles For Living Room:
Maroon is a shade of red, which is known to be the colour of excitement and passion. It lends a warm, vibrant and lovely glow to the ambience of the living room. It is also a stimulating colour, which is why it is used in social spaces to make the room more lively and mesmerizing. The design here simulates a wooden floor with uneven rectangles drawn on it.
- Pros: Several shades of maroon are available in the market, which is quite interesting to look at. As it is quite a dark colour, it does not stain easily and is easy to clean. It is stain and scratch-resistant. It is quite durable too.
- Cons: It should be paired with lighter-coloured furniture and walls, or else the entire effect can be quite overpowering. It can be slightly expensive, depending on the shade of maroon you want to procure.
12. Victorian Floor Tiles For Hall:
Victorian floor tiles are an evergreen concept and are being used by several families to enhance the look of their living room or hall. The best part is you can use an exclusive number of tiles to brighten up your floor with this elegant concept. The patterns in this vintage design have made a comeback in recent times, with several colours and designs available.
- Pros: Come in a range of designs and shades, so you have a lot of options to pick from. They last a long time and are durable. They are easy to maintain and clean.
- Cons: Limited designs and colour variants are available and are mostly limited to checks and squares.
13. Polished & Groomed Granite Tiles Design For Hall:
This polished and glazed granite floor with ash and black tiles is an absolute beauty when used for your hall. These elegant tiles can be an exclusive number of medium-sized tiles that brighten up your hall considerably with a classic sheen. They can be used in various patterns and combinations to create a stunning effect in your hall.
- Pros: They impart elegance and are available in a wide variety of colours and designs. They are both grease and stain-resistant. They are easy to maintain and can be cleaned with soap every week to keep the shine. They are incredibly durable.
- Cons: It is not a renewable resource, hence not environmentally friendly.
14. Matte Finish Wall Tiles Design:
If you want a throwback to a bygone era, what better than this great matte finish design for your hall and living room? The tiles in the wall design are an absolute stunner and can match any floor tile colour and furniture as well to enhance the look of your hall. If you are a fan of matte finishes, this design is for you !!
- Pros: They impart an elegant look to the area and look quite picturesque. They lend a rustic look and withstand wear and tear. They are also slip-resistant.
- Cons: Matt finish tiles are expensive. They also give a dull look to the area in general.
15. Spanish Checks Hall Tiles:
What better than having an elegant and classic floor tile design for your hall, this design is a testament to the fact. The Spanish checks come naturally in black and white, but they can be made in any other colour as well. These tiles can also be mixed and matched in various sizes and shapes to create a stunning ambience in your living room or hall.
- Pros: They are manufactured from clay and ceramics, and handmade. Hence, the tile is durable and withstands wear and tear for a very long time.
- Cons: Not pocket-friendly at all. Unless you have the budget to build a house that looks like a palace!
See More: Latest Bathroom Floor Tiles Designs
16. Carpet Tiles For Hall:
Carpet tiles are extra-large versions of conventional hall tiles designs. Use this design to cover the flooring of your hall room floor to create an excellent environment for your home. Carpet tiles come in a multitude of shapes and colours, so have fun choosing the right sizes and colours of tiles that transform your hall completely.
- Pros: They are an attractive, flexible-to-use and durable flooring option for you.
- Cons: These tiles cannot be used in your basement or any water-prone area owing to their porous nature. Once exposed to water, carpet tiles become a huge mess and are difficult to handle. Identifying a suitable carpet tile can prove to be quite a challenge.
17. Wooden Brick Tiles For Hall:
One of the most important and popular means of floor tiling today, the wooden style brick layout, is genuinely one of a kind and a magnificent layout for your home. The tiles give the illusion that the flooring of your home is layered with bricks that look like wood. Tiles do well to set delusions of grandeur in your home.
- Pros: They add durability and elegance to any setting. They are water-resistant and offer optimal slip resistance too. It can be maintained with ease and can be cleaned effortlessly. The interior bricks are costlier than the exterior ones.
- Cons: They are bound to be uneven. Even with extreme care and effort, they are never 100% even. Bricks on the vertical surface are water-resistant. However, the ones on the horizontal can be damaged with constant exposure to water. They are very heavy too.
18. Tile Wood Design For Living Room:
Tile wood is the next happening thing in hall tiling and is different from other tiles by the texture, feel and look of the tiles. It looks like a tile that is made of wood, but it is not! Truly an excellent background for your home. It could be anything from a porcelain tile to a ceramic tile.
- Pros: Offers first-class durability. They are easy to maintain and require minimal cleaning. They do not expand or crack and are extremely stain resistant.
- Cons: Slightly expensive, and might be dull to look at.
19. 3D Realistic Floor Tiles For Hall:
The 3D Realistic floors are the trending revolution in designing hallway floor tiles. The desired image of the desired colour is chosen and is ‘printed’ on the floor. These give a fantastic finish and a glossy look to the floor. These are also made with various illusion images. The flooring is first done with the standard model and then it is printed with 3-D images.
- Pros: They are waterproof and extremely durable. They are resistant to both heat and ultraviolet rays. They are slip-resistant too.
- Cons: They are quite expensive, as the size of the floor will have a bearing on the price, coupled with the design you choose, and might as well burn a hole in the pocket for the fancier ones.
20. Custom Wall Mosaic Tiles Design:
These custom wall tile designs are designed with a specific design in mind. Small mosaic tiles are stuck together to form a pattern or an image depending on the theme of the living room or hall. Different mosaic stones and pieces in a wide variety of sizes and colours are clubbed together to get a finished image. These are also used to create modern abstract paintings on the wall. These tile designs are mostly preferred for contemporary and artistic themes.
- Pros: The custom walls are usually designed with the desired style and material, which means there is no limit to customization on your end.
- Cons: Consumes a lot of time and needs considerable effort. Expensive, depending on the type of theme and area involved.
See More: Types of Tiles Designs
21. Geometric Tiles Wall Designs:
The tiles are cut to the desired geometric shape and fit together to form a geometric pattern. The tiles with contrasting colours are chosen to create a stunning effect that changes the ambience of the entire room. The walls are done with either a glossy or matte finish.
- Pros: These tiles are quite durable. A variety of designs are available to choose from. The designs are quite customizable, elegant, yet trendy.
- Cons: They can be a bit heavy on the pocket and tough to maintain. Maintenance typically varies with the type of tile, whether granite or marble.
22. 3D Pattern Wall Panels:
The 3-D wall tiles for the living room lets you get rid of boring flat walls and lets you add multi-dimensionality to your space. Your desired pattern is chosen, and the wood and tiles are made into 3-D projections and are recreated onto your wall. These patterns are either used for the entire hall or to elevate a portion of the wall.
- Pros: They can add the required bling to your living space and elevate it. There is no end to the range of designs to choose from.
- Cons: It is quite expensive. It could be difficult to find dealers who offer unique products that can be customized to your requirements. It can also prove to be difficult to maintain.
23. Ceramic Living Hall Tiles Design:
Ceramic tile is made from a mixture of clays at high temperatures. These ceramic tiles come in two varieties, glazed and unglazed. Glazed ceramic tiles have a thin glaze, and are the preferred type among households because they are known to last decades. Unglazed or textured tiles have a slight texture to them and are less glossy.
- Pros: Ceramic tiles are extremely durable and long-lasting. A wide range of colours and shades are available.
- Cons: Ceramic tiles offer less flexibility in designs. They can be difficult to maintain and are not preferred for heavy usage.
24. Laminate Tiles For Hall:
Laminate is a synthetic flooring product. It is multilayered and fused with the lamination process at the end. Laminate tiles are made to simulate wood, ceramic, or stone usually and come in various classy colours. It looks quite elegant and stylish.
- Pros: Laminate flooring is durable. It has a tough finish and is scratch and stain-resistant. It is easy to maintain and clean. It is cheaper than the materials it usually simulates ( real stone or wood etc.)
- Cons: It is made of recycled hardwood and is thus not waterproof. It is resistant to small spills, though.
25. Marble Tiles For Hall:
Marble tiles are one of the most widely used tiles in India. They impart an elegant and sleek look to the floor. Various colours of marble are being used nowadays for a modern and urban interior. It gives a look of luxury with a glossy finish for upgraded and appealing flooring in your living space or hall.
- Pros: These sturdy stones have a smooth texture and a cool surface and are hence preferred in homes. Easy to maintain, and the shine is also maintained on regular cleaning.
- Cons: It stains easily. Hence, it should not be cleaned with acidic and harsh chemicals. Expensive, however, less expensive than granite. It can be quite slippery with water.
See More: Pooja Room Tiles & Marbles
The hallway is the first place any person entering the home sees, and it creates the ambience for the entire house. The first impression should always be the best impression. The floor tiles and the wall designs impress the viewer the most. The floor type models and the wall designs are chosen according to the comfort of the user, and the living room tiles designs are chosen with the theme used. Show your creative talent and transform the interiors of your house to make it look stunning to your family and guests with the tiles for flooring and walls for both the living room and hall, as given above.