Who doesn’t want flawless and radiant skin? With many products flooding into the market, many of us are unsure what is right and how they affect our skin’s health. It is necessary to follow a consistent skincare routine and some other tips that will help you get healthy skin naturally at home without having to put a hole through your pocket. We need to follow some basic rules such as keeping ourselves hydrated, getting enough sleep, etc.
Let us go through this article for some of the best tips for healthy skin without spending thousands of bucks.
What Causes Skin Damage?
Before we get to all about the tips to have healthy skin, let us know some of the primary causes of skin damage.
1. Insufficient Hydration:
We all drink water when our throat feels parched; this holds even for skin. Keeping yourself hydrated enough will protect your skin from feeling stretchy and dry. Since the skin cells are made out of the water, it is essential to replenish them with ample water intake.
Although many people claim smoking is a way to relieve stress, it becomes an addiction with time. But with time, you will realise that this does nothing to alleviate stress but may cause heart and respiratory issues. It also makes your skin cracked, similar to dry skin. Therefore before it becomes late, it is better to quit.
Read More: How to Stop Smoking Naturally
3. Damage From Sun Rays:
We all love to spend some time soaking up the bright sunlight. But when you come home, you can see the damage done to your face from exposure to harmful UV rays. Although avoiding the sun is not possible, you can protect yourself from it.
4. Lack Of Physical Activity:
When you are not active physically, you are prone to add unwanted weight, but it also affects the sheen of your surface. When you don’t work out enough, your body loses the essential oxygen and blood supply to your skin.
5. Unhealthy Eating Habits:
We all love to binge-eat fast food, but we often forget its damage to our body in the long run. Although these foods are yummy to eat, they have fewer nutrients needed for the skin to thrive. You can see the change in your skin almost immediately when you feed it with healthy and nutritious food.
How To Get Healthy Skin:
Here are some of the tips that help you maintain healthy skin naturally. Let us get to know them in detail:
1. Protect Yourself From The Sun:
Irrespective of your skin type, sunscreen is necessary for a skincare routine and the best way to get healthy skin. Although we get the D vitamin from the sun, over-exposure without protection may cause damage to your skin since it contains harmful UV rays.
- Whenever you go out in the sun, make sure you apply a dollop of sunscreen with SPF for protection.
- Irrespective of the season, sunscreen is a must.
- Several products are available in the markets suitable for your skin type with the required SPF. Choose the right one for your skin type.
2. Don’t Smoke:
We all know that smoking can be hazardous for health; this is also written on the smoke pack, reaffirming it. Along with the detrimental effect, smoking has on your body, it restricts the oxygen supply to your skin, damaging the skin cells rapidly. Therefore, it is always better to stop smoking to get healthy skin naturally.
3. Treat Your Skin Gently, And Don’t Forget To Moisturize:
While cleansing or applying any product to your face, make sure your hands are clean and be gentle on your skin. These two are some of the best beauty tips for healthy skin.
- A good moisturiser is as important as staying hydrated for healthy skin.
- A good moisturiser locks in the moisture on your skin, keeping it thoroughly hydrated.
- Add moisturisation to your skincare routine without fail for your skin because this process allows the product to soak into the pores making your skin supple and smooth.
4. Manage Stress:
We all hear many suggestions to reduce stress, but it is easier said than done. But chronic stress has severe damage to your skin and many skin issues. You can include meditation, yoga, or some stress-busting activities to deal with the stress’s root cause. Although it may take some time, you will be able to deal with chronic stress with time, making your skin glow and helping you maintain healthy skin.
Also Read: How to Reduce Stress
5. Exercise Daily:
Many of us don’t have time to work out with the work environment and the timings. The absence of physical activity is one of the primary reasons that reduce the shine of your skin.
- You can accelerate the cleansing of your entire body by including activities like yoga, jogging, or running into your daily routine.
- This process helps you sweat, adding a unique glow to your surface, making it one of the best remedies for healthy skin.
- Make sure you moisturise or use a toner before and after a workout session for extra protection.
6. Get Enough Sleep:
A proper sleep routine is essential and is one of the top tips for healthy skin. Insufficient sleep causes saggy bags under your eyes since your skin gets tired just like you, and therefore it is necessary to sleep at least eight hours every night. Many dermatologists suggest washing and moisturising your face before going to bed, making you up with a supple surface.
7. Keep Yourself Hydrated:
“Keep yourself hydrated.” This is a statement we often hear many doctors say whenever we face health issues—drinking at least eight water glasses per day to keep your body hydrated. You can also include watermelon, orange, cucumber, grapefruit, cantaloupe, strawberry, and some foods rich in water content. You also need to cut down all the unhealthy and fried foods to avoid damage.
Applying rose water to your skin can also work wonders in naturally hydrating your skin and maintaining your skin’s PH balance. It also reduces the puffiness under your eyes.
8. Use Minimal Makeup:
Women often go overboard with makeup, especially during special occasions. We won’t ask you to eliminate your precious makeup routine; there is no need to use blush, concealer, foundation, and whatnot every day. Although makeup adds a glossy finish to your skin, overdoing it may cause damage to your real skin despite the expensive product. Therefore it is suggested to limit heavy makeup for special days and let your skin breathe!
9. Cleansing And Exfoliation Of Your Skin:
However tired you are, cleaning is necessary to maintain beautiful, healthy skin after a long day. Pick a good cleanser suitable for your skin type to eliminate all the dirt and makeup from your surface. Although cleansing clears all the pores of dirt and pollutants, make sure not to forget to moisturise.
Exfoliation is yet another step that scrubs away dead skin cells, which might cause acne breakouts in many people. It is advised to exfoliate at least twice a week for your skin to look glowing and beautiful. Make sure you don’t over-exfoliate since it may cause dryness.
10. Eat A Healthy Diet:
Along with what you put on your skin, it is also necessary to keep a tab on what you put into your body in the form of healthy food makes a world of difference. We present you with a list of some foods you need to include as nutrition for healthy skin.
Foods Rich In Vitamin C:
- Vitamin C helps improve the production of collagen, which is essential in maintaining your skin’s firmness. So it is an untold truth that the deficiency in Vitamin C might lead to some of the early signs of aging, such as wrinkles. The antioxidants in vitamin C prevent collagen damage and protect your skin from dryness, fine lines, etc. Broccoli, red peppers, strawberries, and all citrus fruits are rich sources of Vitamin C.
- We all spend thousands of bucks to get a smooth complexion, don’t we? What if we tell you the solution is in your fridge. Yes! By including food rich in vitamin A, you can create a smooth surface. Vitamin A is necessary for cell formation, supposing and protecting it from sun damage. Carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes, and green leafy vegetables are some of the best Vitamin A sources.
- The antioxidants and the lycopene plant nutrient make tomato one of the best vegetables that adds a beautiful glow to your skin internally and externally. It helps your fight dark spots, wrinkles, patches, or saggy skin, giving you a youthful look.
- It is time we come out of the misconception that fats are bad. Although foods like nuts are full of fats, they are a rich source of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, which are considered healthy and good for your skin’s health. for supple and clear-looking skin, try to include a handful of walnuts and almonds in your diet. You can consume salmon at least twice a week if you are a non-vegetarian.
Try using olive oil for cooking, as it adds a radiant glow to your skin since it is a rich source of mono-unsaturated fats.
- Fiber-rich foods are the perfect solution to cure indigestion irrespective of age. Indigestion can be a reason for acne breakouts in many people. Therefore include fibre-rich foods such as bananas, oatmeal, apple, brown rice, and whole-grain foods that help correct your digestive process.
Iron And Zinc:
- Iron helps add a blushy glow to your face by carrying oxygen through the body, whereas zinc lets you face a fresh look by eliminating dead skin cells and promoting cell production. Eggs, lean meat, cereals, and oysters are some of the foods rich in iron and zinc.
Stop ignoring the signs your body is giving you, and start changing your skincare routine. This article provides you with some daily tips for healthy skin that are easy to follow and useful. Whether excited, stressed, or happy, your face acts as a mirror. So, pamper yourself by working on the basics and giving all the care your skin needs. Don’t forget to let us know how this article has helped you!