Tomatoes are healthy for the body and good for the skin as well. These have a lot of vitamin C and antioxidants that help hydrate the skin and keep it nourished. It can be used in various combinations with basic items of the kitchen shelf to add life to your skin. It is the most under-rated food item but can work wonders when used in the right way. Here are a few simple options for face packs using tomatoes that may suit the needs of your skin. They are safe, easy, natural and healthy and refresh your face in no time at all. In this article we discussing about the tomato face packs for all skin types.
How To Make And Apply Tomato Packs On the Face:
Here are our 4 best homemade tomato face packs for different skin types as follows.
1. Tomato Face Packs for Dry Skin:
This mask is an easy way to deeply moisturize the skin and keep it away from drying and cracking. It contains olive oil as one of the main ingredients. Olive oil repairs skin cells and protects from dryness and flaking. This is an extremely easy and effective homemade tomato face pack.
- One small ripe tomato
- Big teaspoon of olive oil.
- Grind the tomato to make puree and strain the juice out of it.
- Make sure the pulp is a little moist so that it spreads well on the skin.
- To the moist pulp add a teaspoon of olive oil and mix well.
- Apply on the face leaving the eye area.
- Dip cotton pads in the left over juice and apply on the eyes.
- Lie down and relax for half an hour.
- Then wash the face with lukewarm water.
See More: How To Apply Potato On Face
2. Tomato Face Mask for Oily Skin:
Oily skin is difficult to manage as it is prone to attracting dust and impurities that cause a lot of skin problems like Acne, Pimples. Also, oily skin is prone to blemishes, rashes and irrigation due to excess sebum. Honey and cucumber can soothe your skin and lighten it. For this simple home made face pack you need
- 1 Tomato Pureed – 1tbsp
- Honey – 1tbsp
- Cucumber Paste – 1 tbsp.
- Grind half a tomato and cucumber in a grinder until it forms a smooth paste.
- Now strain the mixed juice in a clean bowl and add two teaspoons of honey to it.
- Mix well and apply on clean skin for 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Make sure to use ripe tomatoes and not green ones.
- The pack helps prevent acne and cleanses the skin thoroughly. This is the best tomato face pack for oily skin.
3. Tomato Facial Mask for All Skin Types:
The face pack keeps the skin clean and glowing and is safe to use up to thrice a week. This works for combination skin. However, both tomato and lemon may strip your skin off excess oils. Hence it is recommended to follow the mask with a good moisturizer.
- Tomato Paste – 1tbsp
- Lime Juice – ½ tbsp
- Extract juices from both and mix well in a bowl.
- Add a little gram flour to it, just enough to give the juices a thick texture.
- Apply on the skin and leave till it dries up.
- Then with warm water, rub the pack on the skin for 2 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Use a small amount of moisturizer if the skin feels a little dry.
4. Tomato Face Pack For Skin Lightening:
The pack is effective to lighten the skin tone from the first use. It also works well for dark patches and tanning and improves complexion with regular use. You can also use this tomato mask pack for instant glow just before you step out to a party.
- Tomato Pure – 1tbsp
- Yoghurt – 1tbsp
- Sugar- 1 Pinch
- To make the pack, take one small tomato’s puree in a bowl and add about a teaspoon of thick yogurt to it.
- Also add half a small teaspoon of sugar and mix till a smooth paste is formed.
- Instead of sugar, you can also add honey.
- Apply on clean skin and leave for 20 minutes.
- Then rinse off well with lukewarm water first, and then splash cold water/ice water 5 times.
- This makes sure that the open pores are sealed.
Other Benefits Of Using Tomato Masks for Skin:
- Tomato also works wonderfully for removal of blackheads. You can just apply the puree and rib it on the affected area to reveal fresh skin.
- Combining tomato pulp with an avocado can hydrate your skin and keep it fresh and light
- Tomato is a natural astringent and can gently remove oil on your skin.
The tomato face packs are effective and show results in no time. Make sure that using the packs does not cause itching or burning for long and do a patch test before application on face. It can be used by women of all ages and solves most of the skin problems.