Makeups result in enhanced beauty and texture of the skin. This is highly reliable for the products that are being used. The proper use of appropriate tools and cosmetics can give a flawless appearance. Brushes turn out to be more important in making up the beauty. To our surprise, brushes count more than a dozen in variety, each with its purpose. Good quality products can be used for better results. The quality of the products is based on the durability of the product and not the design or beauty. The products can be chosen over the name of the brand, the quality of the product, the unique feature of it and so on. On proper usage and maintenance, the product’s life could be extended. Cleaning the brushes at regular intervals makes them more durable and keeps them free from contamination.
Tips to Choose the Right Makeup Brushes:
Check out these tips to choose the right brush for a flawless makeup finish:
- Flawless appearance begins right from the selection of the product.
- Each variety is specifically designed for its specific use, and improper use can cause some difficulty during application and may show minor differences from using the right ones.
- It is always essential to know about the different types of brushes and their brands. To choose the right ones. The quality of the bristles in the brush is more important than the colour and the design.
- The natural bristles have cuticles that might sometimes trap make-up, whereas nylon bristles do not.
- Natural bristled brushes are less likely to be durable but are advisable for very soft skin types.
- Designer brushes may be eye-catching but are not always guaranteed for a longer life.
- The choice can even be made over the brands.
- The brands that stand high in the market tend to be good quality.
Types of Makeup Brushes:
Makeup brushes come in many varieties, each with its purpose and usage. Proper usage and maintenance of each brush can improve the durability of the meeting. Choosing quality brushes is more likely associated with the quality of makeup.
1. Foundation Brush:
Foundation brushes lay the foundation for the makeup. The neatly applied foundation with no streaks is a good start for makeup. Good quality foundation brush can result in a good and flawless finish. The foundation should be applied from the middle of the face and then to the edges.
2. Concealer Brush:
Concealer brushes can be used to apply concealer below the eyes. Nylon-bristled concealer brushes give a neat look than natural ones. The good quality brushes with soft bristles make it streak-free.
3. Stippling Brush:
Stippling brushes are used in highlighting. After applying the foundation, the highlighter can be used on the sides for a better finish. The professional finishing brushes are compatible with both liquid and cream. It can also blend the mixture and highlight the curves and sides of the face.
See More: Professional Makeup Kits
4. Angled Blush Brush:
An angled blush brush can be used for a good sculpted look. The angular design makes it easier for application. The brush is designed with soft and natural bristles. The soft brush easily gives a fine and finished look. It also helps contour the facial features easily as it has soft and natural bristles.
5. Powder Brush:
Powdered brushes are generally wide and easy to apply. It can be used for applying powder-based cosmetics, say, foundations. It is more handy and comfortable for fine dusting. They are used for professional finishing and high-definition results.
6. Contour Brush:
Contour brushes leave strokes flawlessly on the cheeks, jawlines and nose. It is used in the case of single strokes in the finishing of makeup. For a sculpted and highlighted look, contour brushes can be used.
7. Highlight Fan Brush:
Highlight fan brushes are wide, as the name suggests, and are generally used in dusting excess powder from the eyes. The highlight fan brush also corrects the creases of the nose and eyes. This is also used as the highlighter when slim strokes are to be drawn.
8. Eye Liner Brush:
Eyeliner brushes with thin and angled bristles make it look pointed and easier to apply. The long bristles are used to draw fine and long lines for catchy and highlighted eyes. The bent brushes make the flow of strokes more easier.
9. Eye Shadow Brush:
Eye shadow brushes are soft and less wide. The soft and natural bristles gently lay perfect strokes and give a highlighted look. The soft bristles can also be used for leaving shaded strokes. It can also be used as a blender.
10. Lip Brush:
Lip brushes enhance the application of lip colours uniformly. The soft bristles leave gentle strokes on the lips. A good quality lip brush with natural bristles makes a perfect mark. The nylon bristles may be harsh on the lips; hence, natural bristled ones are preferable.
11. Mascara Brush Or Spoolie:
Mascara brushes highlight the eyelashes and enhance the beauty of the eyes. Curved mascara brushes curl the eyelashes
12. Kabuki Brush:
Kabuki brushes are used to apply powdered cosmetics on the face. Liquid-based cosmetics may get trapped with the bristles, whereas powdered cosmetics are free-flowing. It is designed in a way that it spreads evenly on the face and gives a natural finish. Foundation, face powder and blush can be applied with a kabuki brush.
Top 5 Makeup Brushes Brands:
1. Charlotte Tilbury Powder & Sculpt Brush:
Charlotte Tilbury Powder and Sculpt Brush is designed with a unique finish. The colour and design make it look catchier and, so is the quality of the brush. The wooden handle is designed in an easy-to-hold and-use way. The soft and closely placed bristles help in applying powder-based cosmetics. The brush is designed with the signature colours rose gold and night crimson.
2. NARS Ita Kabuki Brush :
NARS Ita Kabuki Brush is designed angularly for a free application of powder-based cosmetics. The small and flat design makes it more controllable while applying powders and colour. The brush is inspired by the drama and artistry of Japan’s Kabuki Theater. The brush is also suitable for blending, contouring and highlighting.
3. Tom Ford Cream Foundation Brush:
Tom Ford Cream Foundation Brush is designed with ease and luxury to use, and get to know it right from the first stroke of it. A natural bristled brush makes the application effortless and flawless. Soft and natural bristles blend with the creamy products and look even on the skin. The long handle makes it more easy to use and comfortable.
4. Bobbi Brown Concealer Blending Brush:
Bobbi Brown Concealer Blending Brush is designed for handier and comfort use. The less weighing feature makes it more comfortable. The soft bristles give a fine and finished look.
5. Marc Jacobs The Bronze Bronzer Brush:
Marc Jacobs The Bronze Bronzer Brushes are designed for wider application, and the bristles are made soft. The soft bristles and wide brush make the application for a large area. It is suitable for both the body and the face.
How to Clean Makeup Brushes:
Cleaning the brushes regularly and properly makes them more durable. Intervals of cleaning the brushes can vary from one another. For instance, eyeliner brushes should be cleaned twice a week, whereas foundation brushes can be cleaned once weekly. This not only improves the durability but also the quality of makeup. Use lukewarm water to clean the brushes, as it might not make the bristles hard.
- Hold the brushes in an upright position for better cleaning.
- It is advisable to use gentle shampoo or soap. Baby shampoos and soaps are more likely to be gentle.
- Dilute shampoo in lukewarm water before using.
- Pat dry the brushes in a more absorbing cloth. Do not use hair dryers to dry brushes.
- Keep the brushes in a ventilated area to maintain the quality of the bristles.
- Use oil to clean oil-based makeup brushes, and later use lukewarm water and soap.
Some Extra Tips for Using Makeup Brushes:
- To maintain the shape of the brushes, it can be kept in flat brush cases.
- Place the brushes in the upright position always.
- Never leave the brushes in water for a long time.
- Clean the brushes at regular intervals.
- IFormakeup artists, brushes should be cleaned after every use.
- IMakeup artists should use single-use brushes.
- I use the same brush for every cream or liquid. is not advisable
- Brushes should be shaped after every wash to maintain the shape for a long time.
- To make the brushes disinfectant wash them in water mixed with vinegar.
- Using hot water can reduce the life of the brushes.
- Keep the brushes flat while drying.
Makeups are always fascinating for the doer and the one who gets it done. Good makeup is a result of having used good quality cosmetics and brushes. Well-made men or women always tend to be more confident and seem more appealing, and this can only be accomplished with a good collection of branded cosmetics and brushes.