Hair thinning is a recurring problem for many, irrespective of gender. Some are born with thin hair, and many lose hair due to medical conditions. Pollution around us also affects hair thinning. Both men and women started taking care of themselves in recent times. This is the reason why many volumizing shampoos are released into the market to cater to our hair thinning problems.
These volumizing shampoos don’t help you increase your hair volume magically! But it gives you the necessary tricks to tackle the hair thinning problem. It gives your hair a more pleasant look. Check out this article for the best volumizing shampoos in India.
Best Volumizing Shampoos:
1. Dove Rejuvenated Volume Shampoo:
With time, your hair loses its protein and glow due to many reasons. Dove rejuvenated volume shampoo care for your hair to return it to its previous glow and add volume. The blend of ingredients in this shampoo restores nutrients that are lost with age, bringing back volume to your hair.
Ingredients: Water, sodium chloride, disodium EDTA, coconut oil, citric acid, hydrolysed keratin.
- Brings back the volume of your hair.
- Replenishes the lost nutrients.
- It is suited for daily use.
- Not suitable for oily scalp.
2. BBLUNT Full On Volume Shampoo – For Fine Hair:
Many places in India has hard water filled with minerals that cause hair damage. Full-on volume shampoo by BBlunt is an excellent solution that contains ingredients to moisturize your hair and adds volume to thin, flat hair.
Ingredients: Water, hydrolyzed rice protein, provitamin B5, glycerin
- It adds an incredible amount of volume to your hair.
- It adds essential moisture.
- It has no parabens.
- It is specially designed for Indian hair.
- It is suitable only for people with thin hair.
3. Giovanni Root 66 Max Volume Shampoo:
The Root 66 shampoo from Giovanni has horsepower expanders that make your thin and lifeless hair increase body and shine while infusing weightless texture. It expands and invigorates hair fiber, which makes your hair stand out with volume. The botanical extracts remove any residual build-up.
Key Ingredients: Aloe vera leaf juice, kiwi extract, papaya fruit extract, equisetum arvense extract, mango fruit extract.
- Almost all the ingredients are organic.
- No SLS, no parabens
- It doesn’t add much moisture to your hair.
[See More: Latest Salicylic Acid Shampoos]
4. Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume Shampoo:
We all have days where we get tired of the flat, lifeless hair. Tresemme beauty-full volume shampoo has a unique system to give you the hair volume you want. It is ca and then called reverse wash system, in which you condition your hair first gives you super volume and softness. This shampoo has fleximax volumizers that help maintain the volume and bounce with styling.
Key Ingredients: Sodium Laureth Sulfate, sodium chloride, Cocamidopropyl betaine, glycerin, water.
- Gives you bouncy silky hair.
- It is best suited for Indian hair types.
- Conditioner is a pre-requisite to use this shampoo.
5. Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo:
The critical ingredients of lemon and tea extracts make this lemon sage thickening shampoo best to boost the volume of your otherwise thin hair. It helps prevent split ends and strengthen every strand with aromas of lemon, sage, peppermint. They uplift the natural beauty of your hair and cleans dirt and dandruff that cause your hair to weigh down.
Key Ingredients: Panthenol, Lemon extracts, Sage, Tea tree extracts, peppermint extracts.
- It plumps up your beautiful hair.
- Protects your hair against split ends.
- Gives you bouncy hair.
6. L’Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Volumetry Shampoo:
The serie expert volumetry shampoo has a combination of Salicylic acid and Hydralight formula as crucial ingredients that soothe and exfoliate your scalp while providing volume and bounce to your hair. This volumetry shampoo is the best to provide optimum size to your dull hair.
Key Ingredients: Intra-CycalaneTM, Salicylic Acid.
- It has a fresh fragrance.
- Makes your hair bouncy and beautiful.
- It makes your hair thick.
- If you are allergic to salicylic acid, it may cause some side effects.
[See More: Latest Antifungal Shampoos]
7. Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Fortifying Shampoo:
This shampoo from the brand Garnier is one of the best products to volumize your hair and cleansing the scalp. The primary use of any shampoo is to rid your hair of grease and dandruff free. This product is excellent in providing all the basic features of shampoo, and the papaya, cucumber, and natural fruit extracts help strengthen and volumize your hair.
Key Ingredients: Apple Fruit Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Niacinamide.
- It has natural fruit fibers.
- It won’t weigh your hair down.
- Your hair is strengthened and volumized.
- Very costly.
- It can make your hair dry.
8. TIGI Catwalk Your Highness Volume Volumizing Shampoo:
This shampoo helps revive your hair from the slump and add optimum volume to your hair. It has an infusion of natural floral essence extracted from jasmines, violet, and lavender. This power-packed product restores the hair particles from within, thereby gaining strength and volume.
Key Ingredients: Violet Extract, Sunflower Seed Extract, Glycerin, Jasmine Extract.
- It is sulfate-free.
- It is designed for every type of hair.
- It provides excellent bounce.
9. Matrix Biolage Volume Bloom Shampoo:
Having beautiful hair can be challenging when you want to style it. Biolage Volume Bloom Shampoo by Matrix uses expanding fluffy cotton flower plumps up your dull hair and long-lasting volumizing bounce. It provides root lift giving your hair more than 70% volume from one use.
Key ingredients: Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Salicylic Acid, Polysilicone-8, Limonene, Polyquaternium-16, Maltodextrin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Coumarin, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxycitronellal, Amyl Cinnamal, Cotton Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.
- Cleanses hair with minimal stripping.
- Adds volumizing shine.
- Very costly.
[See More: Latest Sulphate Free Shampoos]
10. Wella Professionals SP Volumize Shampoo for Fine Hair:
If you have thin hair, then Wella System Professional Volumizing Shampoo is a perfect solution to add volume. It strengthens your hair without overloading it. This shampoo is designed specifically for people with thin hair, which lacks volume. It combines the mild fragrance into your hair and reduces frizz too!
Ingredients: Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Citrate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Kerotine, Sorbic acid.
- Controls frizz in your hair.
- Adds volume to your thin hair.
- It has a pleasant fragrance.
- It makes your hair look alive and healthy.
- Makes your hair dry.
How To Use These Shampoos:
Technically, there is not much difference in using volumizing shampoos. But some have specific instructions to be followed, and they are mentioned at the back of the bottle. Follow these steps to use these volumizing shampoos.
- Wet your hair and apply the shampoo until a thick lather is formed.
- Massage your hair from the roots evenly for five minutes.
- Wash your hair thoroughly and repeat.
- Using these shampoos at least twice a week gives effective results.
Side Effects Of Volumizing Shampoos:
As most of us think Volumizing shampoos do not help in regrowth of hair, but they create an illusion of a fuller look. But they do help in making your hair light and fluffy. Some other side effects of volumizing shampoos are:
- Many of these shampoos are full of chemicals.
- Long term usage of parabens and SLS chemicals cause hair damage.
- Volumizing shampoos get rid of natural oils in the scalp
- It can cause dryness of the scalp.
Volumizing shampoos are not magic potions to create instant results. Excess sebum secretion makes your hair look sticky and greasy, and these shampoos control the production of sebum, making your hair bouncy and light. These shampoos dry out the hair, and that is why you need to follow up with a good conditioner. Regular maintenance of your hair makes your hair look beautiful.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers:
Q1. Is Conditioning Necessary Every Time You Use a Volumizing Shampoo?
Ans: Some volumizing shampoos contain chemicals that may damage your hair. Hence it is necessary to use a conditioner every time you wash your hair. Washing and conditioning of your hair twice a week give effective results.
Q2. Do Volumizing Shampoos Work?
Ans: Volumizing does work successfully when paired with a good conditioner. You can achieve new volume levels along with scalp cleansing.
Q3. Can I Use Volumizing Shampoos Daily?
Ans: You can achieve the best results if you use twice or thrice a week. Every other day is ok, or every third day if you have dry scalp and dandruff issues.