Life has become hectic and we hardly have time to look after ourselves leave alone walking. Instead of living a fit and healthy life, we are ending up being lethargic. We must do something before it’s too late.
You may not be able to buy some time for exclusive workouts. Now the question is, does walking help in losing weight? If you ask people about their weight loss stories, not many have trendy gym clothes, wrist bands or strength training in their stories. Much before the gyms, people knew walking would help in burning calories which in turn helps in losing weight.
Before you tie your shoelace and get into the business, just read on to know the right way to walk to lose weight and also how much to walk in a day to lose weight.
Walking For Weight Loss:
A lot of people tend to ask if walking is good for weight loss? If you’re one of them, then you have come to the right place. We will give you information on how much to walk on a daily basis and how it helps to lose weight effectively. Below we have some simple tips and the right way to lose weight by walking.
1. Walk Fast:
- The first thing you need to understand about walking is that it doesn’t work until and unless you speed up the pace and walk the right way. You cannot walk like you are strolling in the park.
- Until and unless you put some force that puts you out of your comfort zone it won’t help you reduce weight effectively.
- If you walk normally, then that won’t affect your body fat or your abdominal muscles in any way. That will just be good for the heart and metabolic functions.
- Don’t overstress yourself if you are a beginner but walking fast will help you burn calories and effectively lose weight. Stamina is the key element.
- You have to pick up the speed for effective weight loss. Pick up pace as days pass and walk fast. Going forward you can slowly shift to brisk walking.
- So, if you want to know the right way to walk and lose weight then wear your jogging shoes and get out on the streets or go out on the field and start walking as it is never too late.
See More: Swimming Tips For Weight Loss
2. Stop Taking The Taxi:
- One of the biggest mistakes we do while travelling is taking buses and taxis for short distances. They take or book a taxi or a cab even for short distances. This makes them lazy and develops bad action stimuli inside their body and the muscles become accustomed to that as well. This is one of the prime reasons, why people gained weight recently.
- Research shows that walking twenty to thirty minutes every day makes you slimmer and active than those who don’t. Walking the right way is the key to weight loss. You should walk for short distances.
- Don’t take a taxi after getting off at a nearby station or after you finish your work. If you don’t get time for walking, then this might be a good time to utilize in a day to lose weight. This is one of the reasons why people should walk more to be fit.
- Every time you are travelling and you realize that your destination is only a mile away, don’t climb a vehicle any more. Instead, take a walk. This will burn a lot of calories which helps you reduce weight.
- When you’re walking to lose weight, then spending much time walking is extremely crucial and burning calories is the right way for losing a good amount of weight. This is the most effective way of losing weight and can be said to be one of the best ways of losing weight as well.
3. Set Realistic Goals:
- The third important thing you need to do is to set realistic goals. You also may have a question like how much do I need to walk in a day or how much weight will I lose. Start with 30 minutes of walking daily.
- Walking in the morning time gives your body a happy feeling like the cool breeze and the morning sun rays make it a happy time with less pollution and no people honking at you unlike in the evenings.
- Whatever you do, do it properly and perfectly. Let two things keep ringing the bell in your mind. “How much time? and how many days?” Be practical and don’t exert too much.
- Don’t expect to lose 20 pounds in a month or something very drastic. You can’t just lose weight like that. It has to be totally healthy and realistic. That is why setting realistic goals will assist you in working harder with a positive mindset.
- Losing insane amounts of weight is obviously not good for your health. You should set a proper goal for yourself and work towards it.
- Making a plan that helps you lose about 6 pounds a month is normal and healthy at the same time you should be very specific about the best timing and how much you need to walk for effective weight loss.
- It is also important for what you would like to achieve and make sure you measure it. If you don’t measure it, how would you know whether you have achieved it or not?
4. Watch Your Eating Habits:
- Some people have a tendency to starve until their weight is reduced. Unfortunately, it has worked for few but along with that their body has become totally unhealthy as well. One should never do that and should find the right ways to lose weight.
- No matter what you do or whoever you are, losing weight by maintaining a healthy diet is always necessary.
- Refrain from overeating and indulge more into fruits and vegetables. Also, prepare a record of what you are eating.
- Record the calories of every single item you have consumed. In that way, you will be able to understand where you are going wrong and where you need to incorporate a few changes or burn calories.
5. Measure How Much You Have Walked:
- Questions like how much you need to walk a day will arise in your mind but every day you need to measure how much you have a walk.
- There are several ways to do this. But if you would like to keep things simple, try using your watch.
- Note the time when you start and record it when you end. There are a lot of smartphone apps that readily record your walking time just at one touch.
See More: Massage For Weight Loss
6. Tag A Friend Along:
- The best thing you can do to make your walking plan fun and effective is by tagging a friend along. This will motivate and inspire you to push yourself forward to walk every day.
- If the two of you walk together every day, you will never feel bored of doing the same kind of exercise for the next few months and will also help you lose weight. In fact, you will be looking forward to it every morning and get the benefits of a morning walk.
7. Walk When You Are Angry:
- Did you know that you can get yourself the best physical exercise when you are angry? Yes, you have read it right!
- If you walk when you are angry, the speed increases normally and you end up burning a lot of calories. You won’t even how to throw your anger out at someone or throw a tantrum.
- You can simply walk for the next fifteen to twenty minutes and cool yourself down and lose weight in the right way.
- Use your emotional imbalance moments to walk and automatically things will fall back in place.
8. Walk-In The Morning:
- Now you may want to know the best timings to walk.
- According to many researchers, walking early in the morning is the best time to lose weight. Since your body is fresh and active during this time of the day, you will burn a lot more calories than you could in the evening or night.
- However, you should always walk before you eat your breakfast. Exercising after a meal is not suggested.
See More: How To Jog For Weight Loss
9. Take Smaller Steps:
- Another tip for walking the right way is to take smaller steps.
- The smaller your steps are, the more time it takes for you to cover a distance and because of that, you will end up losing weight. Keep increasing the pace with time but don’t change the size of each step.
- If you can keep the right way of walking in mind, weight loss shall never be a difficult thing to do.
10. Tell People You Are Walking To Lose Weight:
- The final point is that you must keep yourself motivated. This you can do by telling your friends and family about the benefits of your walking plans.
- Tell them about your progress and the changes you have made in life since you started to walk.
- Share the benefits and views and take their advice too. You never know what you might find out.
Keep in Mind:
- If you’re walking to reduce weight, then the right ways and tips have to be kept in mind.
- The right gear is extremely essential which promotes your walking activities. Walking on the field will be more effective as it has the same level and is the right way to walk.
- A comfortable pair of shoes is always recommended.
- If you live in the cold regions or if you’re walking during the winter season, then you will need a hooded jacket that will allow you to sweat and burn calories. This is one of the important aspects which should be kept in mind before walking to weight loss.
- Sweating to a necessary level will be measured on the basis of how much you have shed the body electrolytes and excess fat.
Now you know how walking helps in weight loss. The right way of walking will help you to lose good amounts of weight without harming your body internally. It also doesn’t restrict your calorie consumption severely. You will have to eat something good which will alongside promote your weight loss. The right way of losing weight is 50% walking and 50% diet.
Eat right and walk right! That’s right!