Every one of us wishes for long, lustrous and healthy hair. The health of the hair truly reveals the lifestyle we lead and the regime we follow. But with increasing urbanisation we deal with a loss of stress, indulge in junk food, sleep and eat at inappropriate times. All these factors take a toll on our hair resulting in various hair diseases like hair loss, low growth.
In order to combat with the hair loss issues we apply various cosmetic chemical on your hair to get the shine and lustre back. But we often forget that cosmetics can provide us with instant results but temporarily. It’s the inside of us which needs to be healthy for our skin and hair to be healthy.
Yoga is definitely a very safe and powerful remedy. It not only helps in dealing with hair loss problems but also helps in the re growth of lost hair. Incorporating few asanas of yoga in our daily life can prove to be very effective in the long run.
All you need to do is perform yoga for at least half an hour a day and lead yourself to a better and healthier future.
Various Yoga Asanas for Hair Fall Control:
Asanas which involves forward bending works well for hair loss problems as it enhances blood circulation in the crown region. Blood circulation nourishes the roots of the hair and as a result one can observe the changes in the hair growth and reduction of hair loss over a period of one month or so. One should perform these yoga asanas religiously on a daily basis to attain various health related hair benefits. Here are the few yoga poses one must try!!
1. Balayam Yoga Or Rubbing nails:
- It can be done either sitting or standing as per your will and it can be done at any time of the day.
- Should be performed for 5-7 minutes at a stretch.
- The following image shows how to perform it.
- This can be used for reducing heavy hair fall fastly. It shows instant results in a couple of weeks.
See More: Baba Ramdev Yoga For Hair Loss
2. Kapalbhati Pranayam :
- It is breathing in and out pranayam.
- The process should be repeated several times.
- Start with 20 a day and can be increased at will.
- The following image shows how to perform it.
- Apart from serving as a hair loss rescue it helps also in weight loss and diabetes.
- Inhale deeply.
- Stand in the posture shown below in the image.
- Hold in the position for a minute or 40 seconds.
- Exhale and come back to normal position.
- Beginners should try to touch the ground. However if they are unable to do so, it is not a problem. You will attain the correct posture with time.
- As the head hangs down below, proper circulation of blood takes place resulting in proper hair growth.
- A good pose to distress oneself.
- Spine should be erect.
- Inhaling deeply while bending backward.
- Perform the asana as mentioned in the image.
- The pose should be held for about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Breathe normally while performing.
- Slowly exhale while coming back to your original posture.
- Blood flows to the brain as a result of which hair follicles are regenerated.
- The Asana should be performed as shown in the picture.
- Normal breathing should take place.
- These asanas should be performed on a daily basis in empty stomach for best results.
- Very effective in re-growth of hair follicles.
The term Sasangasana if translated means rabbit pose. Sasangasana is one of the useful yoga asana for hair fall control. Now we know why rabbits have soft silky hair. Yoga to prevent hair loss includes sasangasana because it helps in faster flow of blood to the scalp hence reducing the chance of hair fall and it also nourishes the scalp. Unfortunately this won’t help bald people to grow their hair back.
7. Adho Mukha Svanasana:
Adho Mukha Svanasana is quite fun actually and it would seem as if you are imitating a hill. This asana requires you to push your hip up while you push the ground with your palms and feet. This asana also increases the blood flow to the scalp and hence nourishing the roots of the hair. And it does seem fun doing yoga for hair fall control, doesn’t it? This is one of the best yoga poses for hair fall control and bring back to hair growth.
Who knew that imitating a fish can save endless amount of hair strands from falling. Since it is widely accepted that practicing yoga to reduce hair loss actually works Matsyasana is becoming popular among people who want to prevent hair fall. Matsyasana helps regulating the flow of blood in the scalp and also nourishes the roots of the hair to prevent them from falling
9. Apasana Yoga:
Apasana is one of the most excellent yoga poses for hair fall problem. Apasana is an asana which helps in releasing all the harmful gases and hence improving the digestion (note: let’s make sure that you don’t release any gas in the vicinity of other people as it could get them very uncomfortable) due to the improvement in digestion the blood gets purified and this purified blood helps in strengthening the hair follicles.
Being a boon for people, sarvangasana is the best form of yoga to prevent hair loss. This asana is not meant for people suffering from back pain or any other chronic pain. Sarvangasana requires you to raise your body from below the shoulder perpendicular to the ground and the whole weight of your body should be taken on the shoulders while supporting the back with both the hands. This asana has proven to reduce male pattern baldness and female pattern baldness as well as hair fall.
11. Anulom Vilom:
This is not an asana but it is a breathing technique, a form of yoga to reduce hair fall. For all the lazy people who don’t like to move a muscle and yet want to stop the hair fall, anulom vilom is perfect for you as the only difficult thing in this is to breathe in and breathe out. This breathing exercise keeps the lungs healthy and also stimulates the flow of oxygenated blood in the body which also nourishes the scalp and you get a healthy growth of hair.
12. Bhastrika Pranayama:
Pranayama is a part of yoga and bhastrika pranayama is the supercharged mode of pranayama. In bhastrika pranayam you have to breathe in through one nostril while closing the other nostril with the thumb. You have to breathe in and out 20 times very quickly and your abdominal wall will move in and out like a bellow. Bhastrika pranayama is an important part of yoga for hair loss; it keeps the lungs healthy and improves blood circulation in the entire body which helps in good eyesight and also hair fall prevention.
Most of the above mentioned asanas are easy to perform and requires less effort but sirsasana is difficult in the terms that you have to practice it daily and it strains the body but at the same time the results of performing sirsasana regularly can be seen in the body. This is one of the best yoga asanas for hair fall control. Sirsasana is nothing else but a headstand. You have to bend your hand inwards from the elbow and pull your body upwards and put the entire weight on the hands. This asana increases the flow of blood to the head which helps in regeneration of the hair follicles and also nourishes the scalp
This has proven to be the best asanas in yoga for hair fall. People have felt the difference in the quality of their hair as well as the reduction in hair fall. Pawanmuktasana is done by bringing the knees closer to the chin while lying down on the back. This asana helps in reducing stress which is considered to be the biggest reason for hair loss.
The above are the yoga asanas for hair fall control. One has to be very patient if he/she wants to get the result of these asanas. Because in yoga results can never be obtained overnight. Rather than going for chemical treatments to stop hair fall one should turn to yoga to prevent hair loss.