Who doesn’t want a vibrant and white smile? The use of charcoal in toothpaste is gaining popularity among people of all ages because of its health benefits. Activated charcoal is a common ingredient found in a wide range of beauty products, including toothpaste. Activated charcoal toothpaste is an excellent solution that gives you an overall whiter smile by removing surface stains and has been in practice for centuries.
Let us go through this article to know how charcoal toothpaste works and how effective it is. We have curated a list of the ten best charcoal toothpaste in 2023.
Charcoal Toothpaste for Whitening: Does it Work?
Activated charcoal is used in dentistry for teeth whitening purposes only, and it started gaining popularity in the 20th century. The mildly abrasive properties of charcoal present in the activated charcoal toothpaste absorb surface stains to some degree, although more research is needed to confirm its whitening effect.
The charcoal toothpaste helps remove the stains on the surface, intrinsic stains below the enamel that give a whitening effect to your teeth.
Is Charcoal Toothpaste Safe?
Charcoal toothpaste is usually safe for daily use. However the abrasive properties of charcoal might worsen the condition if you have sensitive and tender gums. The charcoal toothpaste may not whiten your teeth, but help remove surface stains efficiently.
Best Charcoal Toothpastes in 2023:
Here are some of the best charcoal toothpastes you can use effectively to remove stains from your teeth.
1. Colgate Activated Charcoal Toothpaste:
This is one of the best-activated charcoal toothpaste by Colgate that makes your teeth whiter and gives you a fresh breath by removing surface stains and impurities. The fluoride present in this toothpaste is safe for daily use and strengthens tooth enamel, preventing cavities. It also gives you a clean and fresh-smelling smile since it has a cooling mint flavor.
Key Ingredients: Activated charcoal, Natural mint.
Flavor: Natural mint.
- Sugar and gluten-free.
- Protects your teeth from cavities.
- It gives you a fresh feel.
- It protects your enamel.
- Readily available.
- It helps remove surface stains.
2. Schmidt’s Wondermint with Activated Charcoal Toothpaste:
This product by Schmidt’s can be an ideal choice if you are looking for the best-activated charcoal toothpaste for whitening. The fresh and wondrous minty flavor of this toothpaste with activated charcoal will whiten your teeth and give you a cool and fresh breath. It has an appealing onyx grey toothpaste and doesn’t leave a bitter aftertaste.
Key Ingredients: Vitamin E, Magnolia bark extract, Orange aloe vera leaf juice, Goji, and Pomegranate extracts.
- SLS and Fluoride-free.
- It helps freshen your breath.
- It doesn’t have a bitter aftertaste.
- It helps whiten your teeth.
- It doesn’t have artificial sweeteners.
- Good packaging.
3. Cali White Activated Charcoal & Organic Coconut Oil Teeth Whitening Toothpaste:
Cali white activated charcoal toothpaste has ingredients that have antiseptic, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. The formulation of this toothpaste has an infusion of these ingredients that give you pearly white teeth by acting as detoxifying agents. For effective results, allow maximum surface contact with your teeth without spilling for two to three minutes. This process helps eliminate stains from your teeth, efficiently whitening them perfectly.
Key Ingredients: Xylitol, Baking soda, Activated charcoal, Organic coconut oil, Tea tree oil, Citric acid, Peppermint oil, Natural flavors, Xanthan gum.
Flavor: Pacific mint.
- It is safe for regular usage.
- SLS and gluten-free.
- It is safe for kids.
- It whitens your teeth.
- It gives you a fresh breath.
4. Hello Oral Care Activated Charcoal Toothpaste:
Hello, oral care is the best charcoal toothpaste that helps prevent the formation of plaque. The formulation of this product has ingredients like coconut oil and fresh mint that are safe for daily use and whiten your teeth naturally. The presence of soothing mint will refresh your breath and prevent the formation of cavities efficiently.
Key Ingredients: Activated charcoal, Coconut oil, Fresh mint.
- It doesn’t have artificial flavors.
- It doesn’t have sweeteners.
- It has a refreshing fragrance.
- Harmful chemical-free.
- It helps remove plaque.
- It gives you visibly whiter teeth.
- The quantity is insufficient for the price.
[See More: Best Charcoal Face Washes]
5. Tom’s of Maine Activated Charcoal Whitening Toothpaste:
The Tom’s of Maine is one of the best charcoal whitening toothpaste that is fluoride-free and doesn’t have any artificial colors or preservatives. The formulation of this toothpaste helps remove stains from your teeth, giving you naturally white teeth. Since this product is free of any chemicals, it is suitable for daily use.
Key Ingredients: Plant-based activated charcoal, Sodium fluoride.
- It is safe for everyday use.
- It gently whitens your teeth.
- It is safe for enamel.
- It helps fight cavities.
- It refreshes your breath.
- Some people might find its taste unpleasant.
6. Active Wow Activated Charcoal Toothpaste:
If you are looking for an advanced whitening solution for your teeth, this product by WOW is an ideal choice. The advanced formulation of this product helps you eliminate impurities giving you pearly white teeth. It not only helps whiten your teeth but helps fight bad breath and gives you a refreshed mouth.
Key Ingredients: Organic coconut oil, Activated charcoal, Mint oil, Tea tree oil.
- It has natural ingredients.
- It keeps your mouth refreshed.
- It helps remove stubborn stains.
- It improves dental health significantly.
- It gives your breath a fresh feel.
- It adds a refreshing kick to the brushing process.
- There is an issue of availability.
7. Natural Dentist Charcoal Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste:
The Natural Dentist toothpaste has sodium fluoride and activated charcoal that help fight cavities and gently whiten your teeth. Using this toothpaste will help you deal with several oral health issues and make your teeth look healthier and brighter. It is suitable for daily use giving you effective results.
Key Ingredients: Sodium fluoride, Activated charcoal.
Flavor: Cocomint with fluoride.
- It helps whiten your teeth.
- It prevents cavities.
- It helps freshen your breath.
- It strengthens tooth enamel.
- It aids in eliminating stains.
- It has an aftertaste of medicine.
8. 100% Natural FineVine Charcoal Teeth Whitening Toothpaste:
The fine wine is the best natural charcoal toothpaste that helps kill bacteria and eliminate bad breath with its triple-action formula that helps whiten your teeth naturally. It not only helps eliminate stains from your teeth but also strengthens the enamel and polishes your teeth.
Key Ingredients: Diatomaceous earth, Baking soda, Coconut oil, Baking soda, Peppermint oil, and Xylitol.
- It Whitens your teeth.
- Removes bad breath.
- SLS and Flouride-free.
- Removes tooth stains.
- It gives your breath a refreshed feel.
- It has herbal extracts.
[See More: Best Charcoal Soaps In India]
9. My Magic Mud Charcoal Teeth Whitening Toothpaste:
My magic mud-activated charcoal is an excellent charcoal toothpaste with an infusion of quality ingredients in its formulation. It helps safely polish and whiten your teeth with its clinically proven formula. It also protects the enamel on your teeth and eliminates the stains on them efficiently. You can see the results within a single wash.
Key Ingredients: Activated charcoal, Coconut oil, Bentonite clay.
- It helps control tartar.
- Cruelty and vegan-free.
- Glycerin and floride-free.
- It keeps your enamel safe.
- 100% natural.
- It helps whiten your teeth quickly.
- Availability might be an issue.
10. Herbal Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Toothpaste:
This herbal activated charcoal whitening toothpaste gives your teeth the natural whitening effect by eliminating the stains efficiently. The incredible mint flavour of this toothpaste gives you a cool and fresh breath. This paraben and fluoride-free product comes in travel-friendly packaging, making it a perfect addition to your pantry for your home and travel.
Key Ingredients: Activated charcoal, herbal extracts.
Flavor: Cool mint flavor.
- It helps remove surface stains.
- It helps whiten your teeth naturally.
- There is no specific list of ingredients.
Benefits Of Activated Charcoal for Teeth:
Here is the list of the benefits of using activated charcoal for teeth:
- Activated charcoal helps whiten your teeth by absorbing the stains caused by coffee, tea, wine, or smoking.
- Charcoal helps your oral cavity bind quickly with acidic compounds by increasing its PH level. This process helps remove plaque and eliminates bad breath by accelerating the removal of your mouth’s acidic compounds.
- Activated charcoal helps whiten your teeth with its abrasive and absorbent properties.
How to Use Charcoal Toothpaste:
You can use charcoal toothpaste efficiently by following these simple steps unless there is a specific set of instructions on the product.
- Take a little bit of charcoal toothpaste on the brush.
- Now gently brush your teeth, covering every part of your mouth.
- You can use charcoal toothpaste similar to any regular toothpaste, only a little gently.
- Make sure you don’t use charcoal toothpaste too often since it can damage your teeth.
You can create a fantastic oral care routine by adding charcoal toothpaste to it. It also helps you deal with many oral issues like plaque, and discoloration giving you bright and shiny teeth. With the list of charcoal toothpaste mentioned in this article, you can choose the one that meets all your needs. Don’t forget to let us know how this article has helped you make a choice.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Is charcoal toothpaste effective in whitening teeth?
Ans: Although there is no scientific evidence that proves the effect of activated charcoal in whitening teeth, there is anecdotal evidence from regular users who vouch for the whitening results and many other benefits.
Q2. How soon can we see the results while using activated charcoal toothpaste?
Ans: Several factors play an essential role in giving you the results of whitening your teeth, such as your daily habits, type of stains, etc. With regular use, you can see noticeable results within a week in most cases. You will be able to remove the discolouration from the surface of your teeth without altering the enamel while you use the activated charcoal toothpaste.
Q3. Are there any chemical ingredients present in activated charcoal toothpaste?
Ans: It is advised to read the ingredients list of the products and the formulation since some synthetic flavors, preservatives, colourants, and other chemicals are present in activated charcoal whitening powders and paste. You can also find products that only have activated charcoal and are free of any chemicals.