What Are Under Eye Wrinkles?
Under eye, wrinkles seem to be the most common concern among many youngsters. They are nothing but the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and creases around the eye region which may be a result of several lifestyle factors. Since the skin under the eye region is pretty thin, one is required to take extra attention. These wrinkles may also appear around the side of the eyes and the region tends to get dry quicker when compared to the whole face area. There are several products in the market at present day to prevent under eye wrinkles and to get rid of under eye wrinkles such as creams and gels. However, it is always recommended to first consult your dermatologist before you begin to use any cream by yourself.
When you ask me how to get rid of under eye wrinkles, I would tell that this can be tackled easily by natural and home remedies at the initial stages. Home remedies from wrinkles under eyes are perfect as long term solution and is also economical. Read more to know the best remedy for under eye wrinkles. Since our eyes go through and are in regular and constant activity zone every day, it is very important to take care of them regularly. Hence to know tips and the best way to remove wrinkles under the eyes, continue reading this article.
What Causes Wrinkles Under Eyes?
Causes of wrinkles under eyes are several. Wrinkles are often known to be caused as the skin loses its natural elasticity, forming creases on the skin. Wrinkles are usually formed due to aging. However, a lot of people in their younger years are also experiencing under eye wrinkles. This can make them look tired and older than their natural age. The following factors can be the main reason for wrinkles under the eyes:
The UV radiation from the sun usually damages collagen and elastin, fibers that give the skin its firmness and elasticity. Instead of a firm look, the skin begins to droop and cause obvious wrinkles. This is when sunscreens come to use.
Smoking generally speeds up the process of aging on your skin. It contributes to further wrinkles. If one is smoking from around ten years’ time, you can start noticing wrinkles under your eyes clearly. These are caused due to nicotine content by narrowing the blood vessels on outer layers of the skin. This reduces blood flow and causes the skin to receive less oxygen thereby reducing the nutrients and vitamins which are required to maintain your skin quality. As days pass, these symptoms begin to appear as wrinkles.
Facial surgeries gone wrong can cause many problems, and under the eye, wrinkles are just a basic one among the lot of issues you might have to face after putting yourself through facial surgery. It is the ultimate thing that a person does to achieve all beauty goals. It is more of like a medical procedure which has all probabilities of going wrong.
Under-eye, wrinkles can also be a result of any facial injury that has occurred to you. A scratch, swelling, even a punch on the eye can be the reason behind the sagging of your skin.
Repeated eye movements, such as squinting especially in the case of people who have this problem naturally results in the muscles around the eyes to form dynamic wrinkles or lines that occur in correspondence with the motion. Some people tend to fall in the habit with these movements. A prolonged period of these movements results in lines. They can etch, causing creases and wrinkles around the eyes even when you are not squinting.
Sleeping on One Side:
Haven’t you noticed the embroidery print of your pillow cover engraved on your cheeks when you wake up from sleep in the morning? It’s an indication that one side of your face is under a lot of pressure which can lead to your skin being loose and saggy, giving way to under-eye circles.
Winking is the eye movement when you forcefully shut one eye which puts a lot of strain on the muscles near your eyes. As a result, the skin becomes loose and is not taught over the muscles. People who have a disorder of twitching their eyes frequently have a tendency to develop under eye wrinkles soon.
Smiling That Causes Pressure Under Eye:
People with bulgy cheeks tend to shut their eyes tight when they smile fully. This can also lead to wrinkles below the eyes and also on the sides.
Technically, dry skin and under-eye wrinkles are not interrelated at all. It is just a common belief and also a fact that people with dry skin have more apparently visible under eye wrinkles than those with normal or oily skin. Dry skin tales away the glow of your face making you pale due to which all your flaws are highlighted.
How to Remove Wrinkles Around Eyes:
Remove under eye wrinkles easily with simple efforts. There are a number of such things that you can easily in your refrigerator which you can use for treating wrinkles. When asked how to remove wrinkles under eyes, one can mention that there is a specific exercise for the face which helps you work on your under eye wrinkles. Some external factors also affect or even worsen the condition of your under eye wrinkles which includes sunlight, pollution, etc. these need to be taken care of too.
Below mentioned are some home remedies and exercises to reduce wrinkles under eyes.
Top 5 Home Remedies for Wrinkles Under Eyes:
Given here are some of the home remedies for wrinkles under eyes. These are all-natural remedies for under eye wrinkles as they can work as effectively as any drug store under eye creams.
Few of the best remedy for under eye wrinkles and ways to get rid of wrinkles under the eyes include,
- Pineapple juice.
- Raw Milk.
- Cucumber Aloe Juice.
- Milk cream and honey.
- Geranium oil.
These are among the topmost suggested home remedies for under eye wrinkles removal naturally.
1. Pineapple Juice for Under Eye Wrinkles:
How Does it Help?
How can one get rid of under eye wrinkles? Well here is the solution. Pineapple juice is a great source of an alpha hydroxyl acid. Further, there is also an active enzyme known as bromelain which helps for anti-inflammatory treatment under eyes. These further helps to reduce inflammation and in turn, works to reduce under eye wrinkles in time quickly. With its astringent property, this also helps to treat and exfoliate the skin well. This is one of the best ways sone can think of to treat under eye wrinkles.
- All you require for this home remedy is the following.
- Fresh Pineapple Juice – 2 tbsp.
- Cotton Pads – 2.
- Soak up the cotton pads in some pineapple juice.
- Squeeze excess liquid.
How to Apply:
- Clean your face and cover your eyes with the pineapple juice soaked pads.
- Leave on your eyes for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with plain water.
How Often You Can do This:
- You can make it a habit to do this routine every day or every alternate day for quicker results.
2. Raw Milk to Treat Under Eye Wrinkles:
How Does it Help?
When you ask on how to get rid of under eye wrinkles quickly, raw milk is the answer. Raw milk has properties which can assist you to get rid of under eye wrinkles. It helps to lighten the skin tone in general and work to smoothen the muscles greatly. The dead skin cells can be eliminated in this process which is piled in the surface of the skin. Further, it moisturizes the skin without leaving any fine lines or wrinkles. In case you do not have the wrinkles totally yet want to stop wrinkles under eyes, this is the best solution for you.
- Raw Milk – 2 tbsp.
- Cotton Pads – 2.
- Soak a cotton pad in raw chilled milk and squeeze excess milk.
How to Apply:
- Clean the area around the eyes and cover them with cotton balls
- Leave on for 20 minutes before washing off.
- Best used before bedtime.
- How often can this be repeated?
- You can do this every day in your routine.
3. Cucumber Aloe Juice for Eye Wrinkles:
How Does it Help?
One of the ways to remove wrinkles under eyes is through cucumber and aloe juice. Both the cucumber and Aloe Vera stands traditional yet the best way to treat under eye wrinkles. They work powerfully to get rid of these wrinkles with their antioxidant properties within. Cucumber also stands well to lighten the skin and hence can illuminate skin under eyes and tighten the skin. The astringent properties help cleanse the skin deeply and promote regeneration of skin tissues. It further helps promote skin quality and elasticity.
- Cucumber Juice – 1 tbsp.
- Aloe vera Gel – 1 tbsp.
- Mix the cucumber juice and aloe vera gel together.
How to Apply:
- Apply the gel all over the eye area in circular motions.
- Massage for 5 minutes and leave it on for a while.
- Use this regularly to notice the results.
How Often Can This be Done?
- One can choose to repeat this routine every day for effective results.
4. Milk Cream and Honey:
How Does it Help?
When you ask how to prevent under eye wrinkles, most of the traditional and old age reply on milk cream. Milk cream as we all know is moisturizing to the skin. Indian culture actively promoted the use of milk cream, also known as ‘malai’ from ages for skin treatment in natural methods. It helps to smoothen down the skin and gives that soft glow within. Further, the milk cream also helps to prevent sagging and fine lines along with under eye wrinkles. When combined with honey which is another natural ingredient to bring in the glow and heal skin, it works like magic. It is one of the most sought face pack to treat skin concerns.
- Fresh milk cream – 1 tbsp.
- Honey – 1 tbsp.
- Mix milk cream and honey together to form a smooth paste.
How to Apply:
- Apply this paste around the eye area and gently massage it.
- Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with water and pat dry.
How Often Can This be Applied
- This face pack can be applied twice to thrice a week for effective results.
- Milk cream is the best natural moisturizer, unparallel to a moisturizing lotion you buy in the market. But it is not recommended for those who already have oily skin. Even people with acne-prone skin should avoid milk cream.
5. Geranium Oil to Remove Under Eye Wrinkles:
How Does it Help?
Those who want their under eye wrinkle treatment along with tightening their skin should go with geranium oil for remedy. this is a great astringent and the best way to get rid of under-eye wrinkles. It helps to reduce also the puffy nature of eyes naturally and helps keep the skin smooth and fresh all the time. It has always been known as one of the best cure for under eye wrinkles.
- Geranium Oil.
- Moisturizing cream.
- Use a good quality geranium oil and mix it in a moisturizer.
How to Apply:
- Using the cream, massage around the eye in circular motions.
- Leave it on Overnight.
How Often Can This be Applied?
This can be applied once or twice a week as per convenience. But make sure to test this once lightly before carrying on to apply all over.
Top 5 Facial Exercises to Stop Under Eye Wrinkles:
When it comes to under eye wrinkle treatment, facial exercises cannot be defeated. It is one of the best ways to treat under eye wrinkles. Few of the most sought facial exercises for quicker results are as follows.
- Eyeball rotate.
- Massaging the eye.
- The Big V.
- Eye tip squint.
- Shifty eye exercises.
1. Eye Ball Rotate:
This exercise will help you on toning down the muscles around your eyes. It involves the overall movement of the eye and thus the surrounding muscles and skin become tighter and stronger.
How to Do It?
- Start exercising your eyes by rolling them, once clockwise and once anti-clockwise.
- To start this widen your eyes and start rotating your eyeball, 5 times according to the clock and the next 5 times against the clock.
- This will rest your tired eyes and instantly relax it too.
2. Massaging Eye:
Often on a lazy weekend, you can take care of your tired peepers by massaging them thoroughly with essential oils. These essential oils help tighten and firm up the skin whilst the massage rejuvenates and revitalizes the skin around your eyes.
How to Do It?
- Start from the centre of the eye and massage the entire eye area with closes eyes.
- Massage the under eye area using almond oil, castor oil, rosemary oil or vitamin E oil. Both of these are packed with lots of antioxidants.
- Antioxidants have free-radical fighting properties. These counter the damage caused at the cellular level and DNA level.
3. The Big V:
This exercise is a form of face yoga. This removes the eye bags you are carrying around everywhere. It also helps cure headaches.
How to Do It?
- Start by pressing the middle finger of both hands to the inner eyebrows as the index finger rests on the eyebrow ends.
- Now press lightly as you squint upwards and hold the position there.
- Your fingers should strictly resemble a big V on either hand.
4. Eye Tip Squint:
This exercise too can be recognized as a form of yoga. This exercise improves eye movement due to which the elasticity of the skin surrounding the eyes.
How to Do It?
- Here we use the index fingers only as we place them on either side of our eyes, the outer corners and slightly press them inwards without applying too much force.
- Now we squint our eyes and hold on to the gaze before letting the stance go.
5. Shifty Eyes Exercise:
This exercise helps in tightening the muscles around the eyes. It is easy to perform and can be done anywhere and anytime.
How to Do It?
- Relax and look straight.
- Move your eyeballs slowly towards right without moving your head or neck.
- Bring them back to the center.
- Now repeat it on the other side.
- Close your eyes for a few seconds to relax.
Top Tips to Treat Under Eye Wrinkles:
Given below are a list of tips to prevent eye wrinkles. Before you use any remedy, I would strongly advise you to perform a patch test to find out if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. This is important as under eye area is sensitive. Natural alternatives need regular usage to show results, usually over a period of months so, do not expect overnight results. Let us read more about these natural skincare recipes. The top tips that help treat under eye wrinkles are as follows.
- Balanced diet.
- Releasing stress.
- Healthy sleep.
- Staying hydrated.
- Protection from the sun.
Let us know about each of them in detail.
1. Balanced Diet Can Remove Wrinkles Under Eyes:
First and foremost requirement for healthy looking skin is a healthy, well-balanced diet that is especially rich in essential skin care vitamins like vitamin C, E & A. They help to work wonders through bringing in the glow and reducing wrinkles under eyes.
- Vitamin C foods help for the conversion of procollagen into collagen and formation of hydroxyproline &hydroxylysine. You must consume lots of fresh fruits and veggies that are rich sources of Vitamin C / ascorbic acid.
- To list a few of vitamin C rich foods: Amla, strawberries, cranberries, oranges, and lemons, can be consumed.
- Vitamin A is important for maintaining the texture of all epithelial surfaces in the body including the skin.
- If there is an ample amount of collagen in your body, the reparative and regenerative activity of the skin increases as it is.
- The skin appears plump and elastic and appearance of wrinkles is reduced considerably.
2. Vitamin Inculcation:
All the epithelial surfaces need to have a softened texture and this is where vitamin A adds to the glory. They help reduce wrinkles and exfoliate the skin through tightening the pores.
- Vitamin E is needed for skin tightening where vitamin E keeps skin firm and toned.
- Vitamin C is responsible for collagen production not only exfoliates skin around the eyes but also plumps and tightens skin.
- Vitamin intake has a whole lot to do with skincare and wrinkle treatment for your eyes.
3. Stress Release:
Stress plays a dominant part in dulling of the once sparkling eyes or is simply responsible for the crinkles by your eyes. You must be wondering how to get rid of under-eye wrinkles using stress as a weapon.
- Try to reduce stress as much as possible as it not only affects your skin texture but also the sparkle of your eye.
- Leave your professional work pressure at bay when spending a lazy day in your home and keep stress from building up.
- Mental peace can promote good sleep which can help reduce under-eye wrinkles largely.
- Make sure to sleep 7 hours every day at any cost.
4. Yoga to The Rescue:
Best Yoga is an excellent way to get rid of eye wrinkles and dulling. Yoga perfects the routine check-up of your skin. It also helps in bringing peace in mind and makes us have a peaceful day ahead.
- Try inculcating simple yoga routine every day once you wake up for at least thirty minutes.
- Make a habit to practice some late-night yoga before hitting the bed for the night.
- Yoga relaxes and calms the skin while firming and toning it so that you can get rid of your eye wrinkles at the fastest and safest way.
- Yoga helps further to promote good sleep through overall relaxation it brings to the body which can again have an impact to get rid of under eye wrinkles.
5. Healthy Sleep Helps to Remove Under Eye Wrinkles:
How to reduce wrinkles under eyes is a secret only reserved for healthy sleepers. Often insomnia may be a heavy result of stress build-up.
- Heavy work schedules and busy days will keep you occupied the whole day and to get rid of the stubborn eye crinkles, it is of paramount importance that you empty your mind at the end of the night and get yourself a handsome amount of sleep.
- Sleep can help reduce puffiness under eyes as well.
- The fine lines near the eye region can be reduced with good sleep promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Make sure to reduce stress in the eyes through good sleep.
6. Staying Hydrated:
Water always flushes the toxins out of your system and makes sure your system stays cleansed and healthy.
- Water in your system would allow you to keep your skin well-nourished and plump thereby reducing chances of premature aging around the eyes.
- It also helps reduce puffiness around the eye regions.
- Nothing like having a good amount of water and staying hydrated which can promote a healthy lifestyle
- Water can even bring that glow from within which helps to brighten up the eyes.
Dry skin is prone to wrinkling more than ever. The lack of moisture in your skin takes away all the plumpness making the skin dry and cracking. Hence moisturizing every day adds a huge impact to everyday fine lines and reduce wrinkles from within.
- Dry skin or sensitive skin is more prone to wrinkling due to which moisturizing is an important part of your skincare routine.
- It helps reduce the fine lines around the eyes
- Toning down the eye region can be done through cleansing and moisturizing every day which also includes slow and fine massage around the eye area during the routine.
- It also further adds to reduce puffiness around the eyes.
8. Sun Protection:
The area around your eye is one of the softest spots in your face allowing sun and UV rays to reach the most in those areas. Hence protection from the sun is important to reduce wrinkles and promote healthy eye treatment.
- This is why we have put in a beauty tip along with the skincare requirements for you to keep your pretty peepers safe and away from the sun.
- Always carry shades on yourself.
- Use sunscreen at any cost every day, with a minimum of 30 SPF.
- Make sure to apply ice pack once a while to tone down the harsh sun rays on the face which can reduce fine lines in turn.
Along with using these natural remedies, it is essential to consider the factors of age, lifestyle and health conditions before deciding on the effectiveness of these treatments. One can prevent eye wrinkles by following a healthy lifestyle and including a well-balanced diet. Regular facial massage and exercises can significantly improve the condition. If you notice that these wrinkles are not fading away, it may be time to consult a doctor and get the right medication. Give your eyes their well-deserved care!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I Use My Regularanti-Wrinkle Cream to Treat Under Eye Wrinkles?
A. No, not at all. Never use the products meant for your face on the skin surrounding your eyes. The skin under your eyes is much more sensitive and needs much lighter chemicals to remover the wrinkles in that area. If you weren’t aware of this, you must stop using any anti-wrinkle cream to cure under eye wrinkles. Under eye wrinklecream is the only thing which is recommended for this. Consult a dermatologist for the best under eye wrinkle cream.
Q. Why do I Get These Under Eye Wrinkles?
A. Under eye, wrinkles are very common if your skin is dehydrated. If you are into sports, pollution and sunlight may cause under eye wrinkles. Also, spending a lot of time in front of the computer or TV screen will also lead to under eye wrinkles.
Q. How do I Remove Under Eye Wrinkles Faster?
A. There are several range of simple home remedies which work better than anti-wrinkle creams and serums provided you maintain the regularity. Coconut oil, aloe Vera, egg whites, etc. all are effective in treating under eye wrinkles. The skin beneath the eyes is sensitive too, it requires milder treatment. In case the case of under eye wrinkles are too much, you can consult a dermatologist for the cream to remove wrinkles under eyes.
[ See More: How To Reduce Wrinkles On Hands ]