The layers keep on adding as the day goes by, every time a little touch up in the office washroom or a completely new makeover for the after-hour parties. Either way, from the first final glance in the hallway mirror of your house to ending the day standing in front of the same mirror, makeup for us ladies comes in different patterns and packages. For some it is the reapplying of mascara everywhere she goes and for some else, the compact is not optional anymore, it is a necessity.
However, one common mistake that we deliberately choose to ignore is to remove the makeup completely before we retire for the night allowing the face to collect all the makeup, roughening up the skin over the years causing skin issues like acne and premature aging. This is why it is of utter importance that you learn how to remove makeup from your face every night before you go off to dreamland.
The Different Types of Equipment To Work With:
Makeup removal is not an extensive process but requires a lot of care and a little bit of your everyday time. To start off here are some of the things that might come in handy for the best way to remove makeup.
These include hot towels, clean tissues, or medicated wipes, in case you have sensitive skin, cleansers, or makeup removers of your choice. Usually, you can avail of different personalized sets of makeup removers of different categories, one for the eyes and one for the lips, and the other one for simply the face.
[ See More: Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover ]
The Steps To Be Followed:
- Usually, we would prefer if you remove the other obstacles from your face before working on the skin and therefore we firstly start with the eyes. Usually, eyes at the end of the day are caked with mascara and eyeliners, and even eye shadows.
- You can simply use your medicated wet wipe or eye makeup remover on a soft cotton pad to get this process done. Hold your eyes from one side and pull them outwards to create the grip as you swipe and wipe the pads on your eyes cleaning them.
- Now we move on to the lips, where you get proper lip removers that erase all traces of gloss or lipstick to give your lips their natural glow. You can either use a personalized makeup remover or simply water or essential oils to get the job done.
- Now that the two outer layers are done with, let’s start with the facial skin, the most important area of the lot. To start off, people with sensitive skin should stick to medicated or extra gentle irritation relief wipes as they slowly swipe and swab their wipes across their skin, forehead first as they move down to the cheeks, covering the nose bridge and the crooks near the nostrils for residual collective pockets. Next, finish the process by clearing out the chin and the possible adjacent neck area.
- Right after you are done clearing your face of makeup, use a cleanser to clean out the final residues before using a toner or moisturizer of your choice to lock in the moisture and softness of your now stripped skin.
[ See More: Makeup Removal Products ]
Before you opt for a makeup remover, make sure you keep your skin type in mind. If you are acne-prone, make sure you use acne medicated or sensitive skin equipment and research about how to remove makeup at home
Make sure you put ample moisturizer or night cream to reimburse the skin for the night. If you are oily skin prone, make sure the oil pockets are clear enough before applying makeup, since oily skin retains a lot of stubborn dirt particles.
[ See More: Makeup Remover Wipes ]
Tips On How To Remove Makeup at Home Naturally:
1. Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil is an efficient cleaner that can wipe off that stubborn makeup in minimal strokes. It is chemical-free and works wonders for your skin. Unlike drugstore makeup removers. Coconut oil can soothe even sensitive skin and moisturize it.
How to Use Coconut Oil:
- Take a cotton pad and soak it in a few drops of coconut oil
- In circular motions, starting with the eye area, gently remove makeup
- After the makeup is removed completely, wash with a mild cleanser, followed by a moisturizer
Milk is good not just for your bones, but also for your skin. It works as a lightning agent and moisturizes the skin. It is also a good makeup removing agent. The oils in milk can wipe off the makeup in a jiffy, especially around sensitive areas like the eyes.
Here’s how to use Milk:
- Take a cotton ball and dab it in milk
- Use the soaked ball to rub gently and clean it with each swipe
Want to look as cool as a cucumber? The harsh summer sun, plus a load of makeup you wore for your best friend’s wedding night can create trauma for your skin. Worry not. Grab a cucumber from the refrigerator and discover a cool new way to cleanse your skin.
How to use it:
- Take a cucumber, peel, and make a paste out of it
- Mix this paste in oil of your choice, olive or coconut, and apply it to your face
- Use a soft cloth or a cotton pad to clean your face
- Not only will you find that your skin is free of makeup, but also find it refreshing
4. Honey and Baking Soda:
If you are a person who likes to imitate your favourite Instagram celebrity and experiment with loading your face with tens of products, this cleanser can come to your rescue. Honey and Baking Soda can remove almost any sort of makeup.
How to use it:
- Take a clean cloth and apply some honey to it
- Take a pinch of baking soda and add it to honey
- Gently rub the cloth on the skin to wipe off the makeup
Steam is the most economical, yet effective way to remove makeup. It opens and cleans deep into the pores, extracting almost all the makeup from the skin. You do not even need a professional steam machine, just boil a pot of water on the stove and let the vapours do their job.
How to do it:
- Apply steam on your face and sit it for 5 minutes
- Take a cloth and clean your pores
- Do not sit too close to the steam or overdo the time
We hope you understand the importance of removing makeup before bedtime. It could be a hard day and you may not wait to hit the bed but spending a few minutes on this regime can keep your skin young and beautiful for many years. Infect, you can stop the aging process of your skin for quite some time. Make up some time to clear that makeup!