Do you have oily skin? Are you suffering from the greasy and sticky texture on your face? We all wish for a natural and fresh, bright look. But often, we do get caught up amidst such skin concerns. But worry not, these issues can be easily treated naturally with care. If you have one such skin tone, this homemade toners for oily skin can be best for you.
Often, we neglect the importance of cleansing our skin regularly and taking care of ourselves amidst busy life schedules and works. Without chemicals and harsh ingredients, and with all-natural methods, these DIY toners can be useful for those with oily skin. They help to not only balance and reduce excess sebum oil production, but also remove dirt and bring in the bright shining face as a result.
Benefits of Homemade Face Toners for Oily Skin
Before we get into finding out how to prepare such DIY face toners naturally, let us first explore the immense benefits and uses associated with them.
- The primary and significant help these toners work is to reduce and balance the oil production from the skin’s pores. As a result, the excess sebum will be controlled, and gradually, the oiliness on the face will be reduced.
- The indirect concerns, which are a result of having oily skin, such as acne, pimples, having too much dirt accumulated on pores, can be as well treated due to this natural toners. The toners help to cleanse the skin deep and work on removing all dirt and pollutants effectively.
- Further, you are wrong if you think that the oily skin would not require moisturizers. The toners help to work on nourishing the skin pores and surface layer, in turn helping in moisturizing properties too.
Effective, Natural and Best Homemade Skin Toner for Oily Skin
Often, oily skin people also have associated sensitive surface layer issues. One should take caution before using any harsh ingredients or chemicals on their face. These natural DIY homemade skin toners for oily skin can be a boon for such people. Let’s find out how! Here are our top curated picks of best toners.
1. Lemon Juice and Peppermint Tea:
Peppermint tea is an excellent remedy for those suffering from excess oily skin glands. This main ingredient helps to control and reduce oil secretion from glands and helps balance the pH level in the skin. Those who suffer from acne and regular breakouts due to oiliness on the face can also receive great help with this toner, as it has antiseptic and inflammatory properties to help diminish these skin concerns and bring in bright and rejuvenated face.
- Lemon juice.
- Peppermint tea bag.
- Add a peppermint tea bag and a tablespoon of lemon juice in hot water.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix well and leave the tea to get cool.
- Now wipe the face with this natural toner with the help of a cotton pad.
Tips: Use this thrice a week for the best and effective results. One can also use this with green tea.
2. Cucumber Toner:
Cucumber, which is our favourite ingredient in salads, can also do a lot of benefits for our skin. Be it a case of inflammation issues, swelling, or oiliness, it is an excellent natural ingredient for skin treatments, especially beneficial with anti-sebum secretion (1). As a result, it helps to control oil glands, reduces burns and acne, and works on cooling the skin down. This can be the right cooling homemade toner for oily skin in summers.
- Take a fresh cucumber and cut into small pieces.
- Now add water in the pan (not more than a cup) and mix the chopped slices of cucumber in the pan.
- Let it boil.
- Once the mixture cools down, blend both ingredients.
- Filter out the juice specially and use this as a toner to apply on a clean face with the help of cotton.
Tips: You can use this twice a week for balanced and fresh skin without side effects. One can apply and leave this mixture for 14 minutes.
3. Camphor and Rosewater:
Our simple, always available in home ingredient, camphor, is well-known for its benefits of oily skin and related concerns. Camphor is a natural agent to help redness, acne, pimples, and other toxins with skincare concerns (2). It is readily available and best to control the overall oil production from sebum glands. This is a fantastic DIY toner for acne and oily skin which must not be missed.
- Mix a pinch of camphor with 1 ½ tablespoon of rose water.
- Apply the solution on your face and let it rest for five minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Tips: Use this once a week for effective results, 15 minutes application.
[ Also Read: Rose Water for Acne ]
4. Peach with Almond Oil:
Most of us often believe this myth that oils are not suitable for oily skin. But do you know that they are essential even to regulate natural oils? Further, as we already know the benefits of citrus fruits, the peach also helps a great deal with giving lots of vitamins and minerals required. The antioxidants present in peach help to reduce acne and itchiness, and when mixed with essential oils such as almond oil helps to regulate sebum production too (3).
- One peach.
- Almond oil.
- Cream or ghee.
- You will need to peel one peach and mash it well in a blender or food processor.
- Then add a tablespoon of olive oil or almond oil and stir.
- Add a tablespoon of cream into the mixture and mix well.
- Apply this paste on your face and leave it on for five minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water. It is a natural skin toner for oily skin.
Tips: Apply this for 20 minutes and twice a week.
5. Tomato Juice:
Tomato has the goodness of natural ingredients such as antioxidants, vitamin C, folic acid that works miracles to work on several skin concerns ranging from oily skin to blemishes. Be it the case of excess oil or related skin concerns such as scars, blemishes, and sun damage, or even the case of removing the dirt; this ingredient has antibacterial and antifungal properties (4). This DIY natural toner for oily skin helps to remove acne, reduce spots and in turn, deep cleanse the skin too.
- Take a fresh tomato and extract fresh juice out of it.
- Mix a tablespoon of organic honey into it and make a thick paste.
- Add more honey if required.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
Tips: Apply for 15 minutes, and once a week for visible results.
[ See More: Skin Exfoliators ]
6. White Vinegar:
Most of us aren’t aware of the goodness of white vinegar for oily skin. With its astringent and antioxidant properties, white vinegar is known to regulate the pH levels of the skin and also work on a good flow of blood circulation. This helps to even down the surface layer and control oiliness. It is a natural and yet the best remedy.
- White vinegar.
- Make a mixture in equal proportions of water and white vinegar.
- Pour two tablespoons of white vinegar in a bowl and add another two tablespoons of water into it. Stir it.
- Dab a cotton ball or mad into the mixture and apply on your face.
Tips: Use it for 15 minutes and every alternative day for visible results.
7. Mint Leaves:
The mint, famously called as pudina, is probably the most underrated ingredient in our kitchen for the skincare routine. It has a magic formula that helps immensely to control oily skin and also reduce related concerns like inflammation and removal of dirt and pollutants. It deep cleanses the skin and reduces acne too.
- Mint leaves.
- Take a small pot of water and bring it to a slight boil.
- Remove from heat and soak ten mint leaves into it.
- Let it cool down completely.
- When done, wipe the solution into your face with a cotton pad or washcloth.
Tips: You can even use this every day without side effects.
[ See More: How To Make Lip Balm At Home ]
8. Aloe Vera Homemade Toner:
What we, in many cases, do not know about Aloe Vera is its benefits for different skin types. While dry skin women can use it for acne and burns, oily skin women can also use it for controlling oil, reducing blemishes and exfoliate overall skin (5). This amazing plant is a natural aide to help with its anti-inflammatory properties. Try this DIY toner for oily acne-prone skin and the results will shock you.
- Aloe vera juice (extract from the plant).
- Extract pure aloe vera juice and apply it directly to your face.
- Leave it on and your face will absorb the juice itself.
Tips: Oily skin women can use this every day as well.
[ See More: How To Exfoliate Your Lips ]
9. Lemon juice Homemade Toner:
We do not need to mention much about lemons. We all know the antibacterial, antioxidant properties attached to this fantastic fruit (6) and how it works for our overall immunity. But do you even know how beautiful is lemon for those with oily skin? Lemons as DIY toner for oily skin are excellent to absorb oil on the face and help control overall oil production.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon and apply on your face with fingers.
- Alternatively, you can even mix with egg whites (if you are habituated with eggs).
- Keep it for 20 minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
Tips: Use this twice or thrice a week, for 20 minutes.
With these several of the best DIY homemade toners for oily skin, why do you want to go to market-based products? We have all-natural and easy to do remedies to treat your skin concerns at one go. Try these out and tell us how do you feel. We love to have your thoughts.