Did you forget wishing your loved ones on their birthday? Feeling terribly embarrassed? Along with guilt, you might also face the wrath of their anger. So, how do you stay out of trouble? By wishing them a Belated Happy Birthday in your own style! Say it loud and clear that it was not deliberate and you still care for them.
Though these messages are sent after the actual birthday date, they are sure to impress the person and makeup for the delay. Remember, it’s better late than never! To help you articulate your emotions better, we have compiled these short and sweet belated birthday wishes, sorry quotes and text messages. Simply, use these lines, add your own name and personal touch to strengthen your relations again!
Belated Happy Birthday Wishes for Everyone:
You can use these simple belated happy birthday wishes for your friends, colleagues or any other relationships. They are framed in a generic way to suit everyone in general:
- Even though this message comes to you a little late, the wish it brings for happiness is good on any day. Here’s me wishing you a belated happy birthday!
- I’m very sorry about forgetting your special day, so please accept this belated birthday wish in the spirit it is given. Hope your birthday was incredible…just like you.
- Even though I missed your birthday by a mile, I hope you celebrated it with a smile. Wish you a very belated happy birthday.
- Although my birthday wish is too late, my best wishes for your health and happiness are good 365 days a year. Hope you had a happy birthday.
- Birthdays are special days but you are special every day. Happy belated birthday. I hope that your birthday was a wonderful one!
Funny Belated Birthday Sayings:
It’s ok to be late and it’s ok to accept it in a fun way! Use a generous dose of humor to make them smile again and forgive you for missing out on your birthday. So, let’s lighten up their mood with these witty words for belated birthday wishes:
- Sorry, I forgot your birthday! Somehow whenever you get older, I get more forgetful. Please accept my best late birthday wishes!
- You didn’t hear from me on your birthday due to a technical problem. My brain malfunctioned. Happy Birthday – hope it was great!
- You forgot to remind me not to forget your birthday. But don’t worry, I forgive you. But seriously, Happy Birthday!
- If you had to accept a bribe to forgive someone, what would it be? Tell me quickly because I need to wish you a late happy birthday.
- Oops, I am late. At least I did not forget it altogether. Belated happy birthday!
Best Wishes For Belated Birthday – By Individual, Personal and Professional Relationships:
Whether it is a romantic apology message to your lover or a belated birthday quote to your close relative, we have got all your relationships covered. Along with sending your warm wishes, some of these lines can evoke fond memories and birthday sentiments. So, if you are short of words, there is absolutely no need to break your brain! Simply, go through this list of belated birthday sayings and send it along with a gift and wait for their reactions:
Very Late Birthday Messages:
1. This birthday wish is so late, I might as well wish you an early Happy Birthday for the next one.
- To Who Can You Send: Friends, Cousins, Close Acquaintances
- Age Group: 15-70 Years
2. I Know I’m a little too late in sending you my birthday wishes, but I don’t want to miss a chance to wish you a great life ahead!
- To Who Can You Send: Friends, Relatives
- Age Group: 15-60 Years
3. I might have missed wishing you on your birthday, but, trust me, it doesn’t happen more than once a year. Have an amazing Belated Birthday!
- To Who Can You Send: Friends, Siblings, Distant Relatives
- Age Group: 15-60 Years
A. Belated Birthday Wishes For A Friend and Best Friend:
4. There is no hurry to wish you; I am your one true friend anyway. Belated Happy birthday, Buddy. Hope you partied hard.
- Age Group: 15-50 years (male friend)
- Gift Options: Beer Mug, Match Tickets, Memorabilia etc.,
5. Like we were never on-time for college, for the mess, for projects, how can you expect me to on-time here? A belated happy birthday to you, my darling friend.
- Age Group: 20-50 years (female friend)
- Gift Options: Stationary, Small Trinkets, Flowers
6. Oh dear, I did it again. Your birthday passed and I missed it, my friend! Happy belated birthday!
- Age Group: 20-45years
7. Just when I felt my life was organized, I totally missed your birthday! You are a great friend and I feel terrible for my forgetfulness. Please forgive me and consider my belated birthday wishes to you!
- Age Group: 25-75 years
8. Happy belated birthday to my dear friend. There is no excuse on Earth I can give for missing your birthday. I’m very sorry. I hope you can forgive me.
- Age Group: 20-40 years
B. late birthday Messages for A Lover, Boy Friend, Girl Friend, Husband and Wife:
9. I have been so busy dreaming of you that I forgot your birthday. Please forgive this romantic mistake. Belated happy birthday.
10. You must tell me how bad you felt when I missed your birthday because I am going to give you that number of kisses right now. Belated happy birthday.
11. I forgot my boyfriend’s/ girlfriend’s/husband’s/wife’s birthday – a day which is more special to me than my own birthday. Such is the irony of my life. Happy belated birthday.
12. I did forget your birthday but I have never forgotten to say I love you. Now you tell me, which matters more? Happy belated birthday to my boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife.
13. You look hot when you are happy, hotter when you are angry and hottest when you are in a forgiving mood. I have made you angry but I want you to forgive me so you can be your hottest self. Belated happy birthday.
C. How to Say Sorry for Belated WishesTo Mother, Father and Close Relations:
14. Thanks, Ma! for being the backbone of the person I am today. Even though I missed it, I have always looked forward to your special day. Happy Belated birthday, sweet mother!
15. I wanted to be the first person on this earth to wish you a happy birthday, but unfortunately, I missed it entirely. Please accept my apology, mom. I hope your celebration was fun.
16. You know that bad habit you have of always forgetting people’s Birthdays. Well, like father, like child! Happy belated Birthday, Dad!
17. Dad, I will never forget your birthday even though I forgot to send you a wish on time. I hope you enjoyed your special day to the fullest. Wishing you the finest of years to come.
18. Dearest Uncle, I can’t believe I forgot to wish you on your 40th birthday! But I realize you were 40 already! I hope you had a great day!
19. Dear Aunt, the way you grace with each day passing by, I thought I will save my birthday wishes to keep your young forever. It’s not my forgetfulness, but unconditional love for you that has made me miss your day.
20. How could I forget your birthday? Must be because you look like you haven’t aged a day since the last one! Belated Happy Birthday Uncle/Aunty!
D. Brother, Sister, Brother-in-law, Sister-in-law (Bhabhi):
21. I know I’m late wishing you a happy birthday, but mine is coming around soon, and revenge is sweet. I won’t mind, promise! Happy birthday, bro!
22. Now that everyone else’s birthday wishes have worn off, here’s a great big one from me! Happy Belated Birthday Sister/Brother!
23. How could I forget my brother-in-law’s/Brother/Sisters birthday? No way! Technically, I remember it, but on the wrong day! Hope you a great one!
24. I’m sorry Bhabhi for wishing you late on your birthday! I will certainly ask my brother to compensate for this on my behalf!
25. I’m not really that late in wishing you a happy birthday, it’s just that I didn’t want to be the first one to remind you that you’re getting older. Happy birthday, sister/brother!
E. Grand Parents:
26. No one can ask for a better person to have in their life than you. Happy belated birthday, I can’t wait to see you again, Grand Pa/Grand Ma.
- Gift ideas: Photo frames, Flowers
27. Grandpa/Grandma, you’ve done so much for me over the years so I hope you had a good birthday. When I see you I will give you the biggest hug and makeup for late wishes!
- Gift ideas: Paintings, Personalized Greetings, Handmade Cards
F. Son, Daughter, Grand Daughter, Grand Son, Nephew, Niece:
28.Looks like age is catching up with me my dear! Please forgive my forgetfulness and accept my warm wishes along with a special gift.
- Gift ideas: Watch, Wallet, Dress etc.,
29. We were too busy counting the number of days that passed, since you were born. Sorry for forgetting to wish you amidst the chaos! Have a blessed and blissful life ahead!
30. I know I’m a little behind on celebrating your special day. Maybe the reason is you live a very fast life and my one is little slower.
G. Happy Belated Wishes to Teacher, TeamMate, Staff etc:
31. Pardon me Sir/Madam! I did not know that it was your birthday yesterday! I feel to lucky to have you as my teacher and I hope you had a great time!
32. Dear Sir/Madam, you’ve taught us to accept our mistakes and ask for forgiveness. I forget your birthday and I seek your pardon. Please take my apologies along with my warm belated birthday wishes!
33. Happy-late-birthday to the most awesome colleague ever! Thanks for all your contributions and have a great year ahead!
34. Although I’m late in wishing you a very happy birthday, I want to take a moment to appreciate your co-operation and support for making our project a huge success!
H. Late Happy Birthday Wishes to Kids and Babies:
35. I know you waited for my present on your birthday! But I had to get the perfect one for you and so, it took some time! Here’s something special for an awesome kid ever!
- Age Group: 3-13 years
- Gift Options: Toys, Stuffy dolls, Activity Game sets
36. My adorable little Munchkin! How could I miss your 1st birthday party? I wish you the most joyous life ahead and hey, there is a little something for you inside…
- Gift Options: Baby Toys
37. Dude! Sorry, I missed your birthday! Trust me, I will make it up for this and let you continue your naughty self for a few more days! Belated Happy 2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th/10th Birthday!
38. My Kiddo is not so little anymore! I know am growing old with you and so please accept my belated 13th birthday wishes, a dear teenager!
39. Now that you are 18, you are no more a kid! So, I thought I will wait for you to enjoy the last few moments as a child before adulthood takes over. Belated Happy Birthday To You!
40. Since you were having a hard time deciding on whether you are a kid or an adult, I’ve decided to pause my wishes until you settle down. Happy 20th/23rd/25th birthday
Those are some of the witty and emotional phrases which are sure to earn you forgiveness for missing out a birthday! Well, life doesn’t give you second chances! So, don’t make this a habit and instead set up reminders on your phone. You can even add them on Facebook, which gives you birthday reminders. We might not have a great memory, but we sure have a“smart” way out!