The comfy Kaftan dress has turned out to be the most-loved outfit during the lockdown days. Well, it’s not we who are saying this! Many celebs like Kareena Kapoor, Masaba Gupta, Shilpa Shetty etc., have openly posted about their love for this breezy garment on their social media handles. From attending virtual zoom parties to enjoying a quick beauty nap, Kaftans have emerged as multi-functional outfits in the ongoing Pandemic era. If you don’t want to miss out on the current Kaftan trend, then we highly recommend you to check out these 10 Latest Kaftan designs and start twinning with your favourite celebrities!
Features of Kaftans:
Let us take a look into the characteristic features of a Kaftan:
- Kaftan or Caftan is a long-length loose garment with wide sleeves.
- It is made with lightweight fabric to hang loose on the body.
- Depending on the occasion, Kaftans can come in many varieties like fitted, V-neck, Open style, short and long.
- The fitted ones are designed with tie-up detailing on the waist and side stitch to flatter the waistline.
- Open Kaftans work well as outer garments and best for layering
- Kaftans also come in a variety of designs, patterns, prints and embroidery for a modish look.
Latest and Stylish Kaftan Dress Designs In Fashion 2021:
Can’t wait to explore the latest Caftan designs? We can’t either! Read along to pick your favourite piece among them:
1. Moroccan Kaftan Georgette Dress:
Check out this stylish Kaftan Dress that is perfect for channelling your inner goddess! The layered Kaftan dress features a cream inner gown with a grey embroidered jacket. The gold detailing on the dual-layered outfit makes it an ideal pick for formal settings like weddings and traditional ceremonies. Don’t miss out on the embellished belt that flaunts your waistline!
- Design: Embroidered Georgette Islamic Kaftan
- Material: Georgette
- Occasion: Formal Events Like Weddings
2. Arabic Kaftan Embroidered Dress:
Look resplendent in this kaftan style wedding gown that screams royalty in every detail! The purple Kaftan is designed as a single piece garment with golden embroidery all over the body. The rich yoke, sleeves and the borderline can bring out the best in you on a special day like your wedding. Style your hair well and pick matching accessories to steal the show!
- Design: Modern Arabic Kaftan Dress For Women Wedding Gown
- Material: Georgette
- Occasion: Weddings, Receptions
3. Indian Kaftan Cotton Dress:
Stay comfortable and stylish in this printed Kaftan dress! The fitted Kaftan features an ethnic print that adds an Indian touch to this Middle eastern garment. The sides are fitted, and the waistline comes with a tie-up to show off those gorgeous curves. From virtual kitty parties to work-from-home, this Kaftan functions as a lounge-cum-casual wear outfit.
- Design: Indian Print Kaftan Dress
- Material: Cotton
- Occasion: Work from home, Lounge Wear
4. African Kaftan Printed Dress:
Look bold and beautiful in this vibrant African printed Kaftan that can give you some jungle vibes. The cool and casual outfit is perfect for chilling at home during weekends while sipping a cocktail in style! The loose, full-sleeve garment features a front open placket and a side cut for added glamour. Just tuck some flowers in your hair and wear beaded jewellery to complete the look!
- Design: African Print Kaftan Dress
- Material: Cotton
- Occasion: Casual meetings, Lounge Wear
5. Designer Kaftan Kimono Sleeves Dress:
Enjoy your holiday in this exotic printed Kaftan with Kimono sleeves. The mid-length denim blue and yellow Kaftan is a perfect pick for staying cool and comfy during summers. The edgy, asymmetrical hemline and the thin rope belt with beaded tassels elevate your glam factor. Just slip into this piece and pair it with fabric sandals and a clutch bag to rock the evening!
- Design: Denim Blue Floral Print Kaftan Dress
- Material: Viscose
- Occasion: Resort wear, Beaches, Holidays
6. Kaftan Maxi V Neck Dress:
Planned for a slumber party with your lady gang? Then, ditch the girlish pyjamas and slip into this voguish Kaftan instead. The printed V neck Kaftan flaunts your figure and makes you look ravishing. The embroidered detailing on the sides transforms the entire look of your outfit, which can also translate into daytime loungewear. A tie-up waistline gives you a fitted feel!
- Design: Floral Print V-Neck Kaftan
- Material: 100% Modal
- Occasion: Girl parties, Sleepwear
7. Leopard Print Kaftan Short Dress:
Here is a super-smart short Kaftan that functions as a top and a romantic gown for your date night! The leopard printed Kaftan in brown and black features a V neck and an asymmetrical hemline that sits below the waistline. The loose, flowy garment can be worn as a long top over jeans or denim shorts!
- Design: Women Brown & Black Animal Printed Kaftan Dress
- Material: Polyester
- Occasion: Clubwear, Date Nights
8. Long Kaftan Wedding Dress:
Here is a Charming Kaftan wedding dress that looks dreamy from every angle. The pristine white kaftan is adorned with maroon velvet floral patches and silver thread work all over the body. The U neck, flowy sleeves, and embellished belt add a royal touch to this outfit. Pair it with shiny accessories to look radiant!
- Design: Long Gown Kaftan Dress
- Material: Georgette
- Occasion: Wedding
9. Satin Kaftan Night Dress:
Look modish even in your dreams by slipping into this pink satin kaftan before hitting the bed! The trendy nightie Kaftan features a geometric printed pattern on the body. The sides are stitched for better fitting, and the asymmetric hemline adds more style! Just wear this piece and lie down in your bed to enjoy a comfortable sleep!
- Design: Pink & Blue Geometric Print Kaftan Maxi Nightdress
- Material: Satin
- Occasion: Night Wear
10. Long Sleeve Plus Size Kaftan Dress:
Check out this jaw-dropping Kaftan dress for plus size women that are designed to create lasting impressions! The long-sleeve kaftan dress features a heavily embroidered detail with beads and crystals on the yoke and sleeves part. The side stitch and the inner fabric lining adds a nice fit and look to your body. Reserve it for special occasions like weddings to unleash the diva in you!
- Design: Pink & White Geometric Print Kaftan Maxi Nightdress
- Material: Faux Georgette
- Occasion: Weddings
How to Style a Kaftan?
Look irresistibly fashionable in a Kaftan by following these style tips:
- Firstly, choose the right fabric for the occasion. While flowy fabrics like georgette and chiffon work great for evening parties, soft cotton is ideal for wearing at home.
- Depending on where you are heading, you can choose a Kaftan of short, medium or long length. A maxi style Kaftan is ideal for formal events like weddings, while a short kaftan works best as a holiday or casual wear.
- Experiment with prints and patterns instead of sticking to a solid coloured Kaftan.
- You can also add a nice belt to cinch your waistline and define your shape.
- Plain Kaftans can be accessorized well with layered boho jewellery. Beads, stones and shells work well with these outfits.
- Don’t forget to pair the outfit with a pair of heels and a statement bag to complete your look.
Those are some of the latest Kaftan dresses to try out this season! With so many models and patterns to choose from, there is no way you can do with just one Caftan, can you? So, which one is your favourite design out of these and how do you prefer to style it?