It is far from the truth if you were under the impression that glowing skin is simply a woman’s priority. On the contrary, these days, everyone yearns for blemish-free glowing and smoother skin irrespective of gender. But with hectic schedules, improper eating habits, and inadequate sleep can be some reasons that stop you from achieving picture-perfect skin.
Therefore, we have curated a list of some home remedies and lifestyle changes you can implement in your skincare and beauty routine without spending too much money. Read on!
Home Remedies & Lifestyle Tips To Get Glowing Skin:
There is a need to take proper care of your skin because it is the largest organ. A glowing surface is a sign that your skin is healthy, which also boosts your confidence. On the other hand, you might feel less than your best with dull skin. So, let us go through these home remedies that you can implement in your daily routine.
1. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera helps rejuvenate your skin and gives it a natural glow with its healing and nourishing properties (1). It also stimulates new cell growth, soothes, and moisturizes without clogging pores with the help of the vitamins and antioxidants present in it, making it one of the best natural remedies for glowing skin and is readily available.
- One tbsp Aloe vera gel.
- A little bit of Turmeric.
- One tbsp of honey.
- One tbsp of milk.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix them thoroughly.
- Gently apply the mixture to your face and neck evenly.
- Let it remain on your face for about 20 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse your face.
- You can use this remedy twice a week for good results.
2. Virgin Coconut Oil:
You can get glowing skin at home by including Virgin coconut oil into your daily skincare routine. It helps nourish your skin with essential fatty acids by locking in the moisture, and it works best for the dull and dry surface. In addition, using virgin coconut oil enhances skin barrier function and protects your skin from UV radiation, which adds glow to your skin (2).
- Two tbsp of virgin coconut oil.
- Slightly warm up the oil.
- Make sure the oil is warm and not hot.
- Gently apply the warm oil to your face and neck evenly.
- Use gentle circular motions to massage your face.
- Leave the oil on your face overnight.
- You can use this remedy every day before going to bed for good results.
Turmeric is a natural home remedy for glowing skin as it is blessed with antibacterial properties. In addition, the anti-inflammatory and robust antioxidant of Turmeric comes from the element called curcumin, which gives your skin a beautiful glow and gets rid of puffiness. It also keeps your skin supple and glowing by enhancing collagen production and eliminating harmful free radicles (3).
- One tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Four tbsp of chickpea flour.
- Water or milk.
- Place the chickpea flour and turmeric in a bowl and mix them.
- Add enough water or milk as per your requirement to form a smooth paste.
- Gently apply the paste to your face and neck evenly.
- Let it remain the paste on your skin for about 20 minutes.
- Use plain water to rinse your face.
- You can use this remedy once or twice a week for effective results.
4. Olive Oil:
Olive oil imparts an excellent shine to your skin by acting as a natural moisturizer. It prevents damage by protecting the skin from free radicles with the help of flavonoids and polyphenols present in it, making it one of the best remedies for glowing skin. Olive oil also makes your skin healthy and glowing by repairing your surface (4). It is also helpful in preventing early aging signs of your skin with its antioxidants (5).
- One tbsp of olive oil.
- One soft towel.
- Warm water.
- Apply a few drops of olive oil to your face and neck evenly with your fingertips.
- Use upward circular motions to massage the forehead, nose, and cheek.
- Wring out the excess water after dipping the towel in warm water.
- Place the warm towel on your face for about 40 seconds.
- Wipe away the oil from your face by dipping the towel in the warm water again.
- Pat your skin dry using a paper towel.
- You can do this remedy every day before going to bed for good results.
Honey is one of those ingredients that can be found in every home. It keeps your skin well-hydrated by acting as an excellent moisturizer. It also reduces blemishes and acne at home by warding off infections with antibacterial properties, making it a perfect home remedy for a glowing face. In addition, using honey regularly will make your skin look youthful, retards wrinkle formation, and has humectants and soothing effects (6).
- Two tbsp of honey.
- Wash your face and apply honey to your face while it is still damp.
- Use your fingertips to massage your face gently.
- Let it remain on your face for five minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to wash away the honey from your face.
- Use this remedy on an alternate day for efficient results.
Papaya is a fruit that has many beneficial effects on health, but did you know this fruit is beneficial for glowing skin? It contains an enzyme called papain that helps give you radiant and younger-looking skin by acting as a mild exfoliator by eliminating the top layer of dead cells on your face (7). Likewise, honey keeps your skin hydrated by acting as a natural moisturizer (8).
- Ripe papaya (a few pieces).
- One tbsp of Multani mitti.
- One tbsp of honey.
- Take a few small pieces of ripe papaya.
- Add honey and Multani mitti to the bowl.
- Combine them thoroughly to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck evenly.
- Let the paste remain on your face for about 20 minutes.
- Use cool water to rinse your face.
- You can use this remedy once a week.
- Two tbsp of lemon juice.
- Two tbsp of sugar.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix them thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck gently.
- Use circular motions to scrub your face.
- Let it remain on your face for about ten minutes.
- Use warm water to rinse off your face.
Yogurt helps you get glowing skin naturally at home as it is a rich source of lactic acid (10). In addition, yogurt helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles by moisturizing your skin. Using yogurt is beneficial in improving elasticity, reduces tan, dark circles, and gives it a unique glow.
- A small cup of yogurt.
- A cotton ball.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the yogurt to your face and neck gently.
- Let it stay on your face for about ten to 15 minutes.
- Use cold water to rinse off your face.
9. Shorten Your Shower Time:
One of the excellent tips for healthy glowing skin at home is to shorten your time in the shower. The heat and steam can help eliminate toxins by opening up pores. But there is a chance of the natural oils present in your skin getting stripped away if you stay in a hot shower for a long time leaving your skin dull. So to give your face a more toned and youthful appearance, and improve circulation, consider cooling down the water’s temperature in the latter part of the shower (11).
10. Stay Hydrated:
The functioning of the cells of your skin depends upon the amount of water you consume. Therefore, to flush out all the toxins from your body, it is essential to drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water daily. Your skin will appear hydrated, soft, and supple when it receives enough water making it a glowing skin secrets home remedy. On the other hand, there is a high chance of your skin becoming dull, dry, and might even start to tear without enough water (12).
Read More: Health Benefits of Drinking Water
11. Avoid Smoking:
Avoiding Smoking is yet another way to get glowing skin naturally. But, unfortunately, your face will be coated with all sorts of chemical toxins when you expose your skin to cigarette smoke. This leads to prematurely aged skin by increasing oxidative stress in your skin cells (13).
12. Include Sunscreen In Your Skincare Routine:
Yet another home tip for glowing skin is to include sunscreen in your skincare routine. To prevent the damage caused by harmful sun rays, wear sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or above. Whether it is raining or the sky is overcast, make sure to apply a product with sunscreen every morning.
13. Keep Your Skin Moisturized:
Keeping your skin moisturized is one of the best home remedies to get instant glowing skin. Get a youthful and glowing look by moisturizing your skin with products that lock in moisture, promote healing and have antioxidant properties. Make sure not to skip the moisturizer just because your face is oily, and don’t exfoliate your skin when it is dry.
14. Follow A Diet That Nourishes Your Skin:
Boost the vitamins and antioxidants in your body by consuming a rich diet of fruits and vegetables. Also, to have healthy-looking skin, avoid processed foods with preservatives. Instead, eat healthy fats like fish oils. There might be a direct connection between healthy food consumption and healthier-looking skin, as per Mayo Clinic.
15. Regular Exercise:
Regular exercising is a necessary home remedy to get a fair and glowing face as the process helps eliminate toxins from your body in the form of sweat. In addition, it helps maintain the overall health of your body by boosting heart health, and blood circulation and helps you stay fit.
Lifestyle Changes That Help to Get Glowing Skin:
Skin is the biggest organ in our body, and it is necessary to take some steps in maintaining the health and look of your skin. Here are some of the essential tips you need to keep in mind to get glowing skin.
- Keep your skin moisturized to rejuvenate and repair skin cells and pave a path for new skin cells.
- Keep your addictions away if you wish to have glowing skin. Whether it is alcohol, smoking tobacco, drugs, all these things lead to health issues.
- Use a mild product to exfoliate your surface, depending on your skin type. But don’t forget to moisturize and tone your skin after exfoliation.
- A facial massage helps eliminate toxins from your body, thereby improving circulation significantly.
- Make sure to get enough sleep because this process helps your skin repair, rejuvenate throughout the night.
- Use an oil-based cleanser to wash your face, thereby removing impurities, oil, and dirt from your skin, revealing a beautiful glow.
- Improve the appearance and health of your skin by eating vitamin-rich foods, vegetables, and fruits.
- Consume foods such as salmon and tuna to keep your skin moisturized as they contain omega fatty acids. At the same time, the antioxidants and water content in watermelon and cucumber protect your skin from environmental aggressors.
You can get visibly glowing skin by paying attention to your skin in the form of self-care. However, several reasons might make your process of achieving glowing skin more challenging, such as stress, nutritional deficiencies, health conditions, and hormone imbalances. Nevertheless, the home remedies for glowing skin mentioned in this article can be a cost-effective solutions for all your dull skin problems.
If you are still concerned about how your skin looks after home remedies, speak to your primary care provider or dermatologist. This is because there are deeper health conditions that cause dry, patchy, and dull skin. So, don’t take any skin issues lightly, even if it is mild.