In case you have medium hair, you are amongst luckiest women, given there are several variants of hairstyles lying before you to get sorted for several types of functions and events. Updo for medium hair are among our favourites given the way they make you effortlessly look stylish, and you are all set to go with ease. These easy updos for medium hair to do yourself and do not require a lot of care, time and attention, and you are all set to do on your own. Be it a simple style or getting decked up, there all kinds of updo hairstyles for medium hair.
These easy updos for medium hair further suit all hair textures be it wavy, smooth or silky and straight. Hence here are best and latest easy updo hairstyles for medium length hair.
12 Wonderful Updo Hairstyles for Medium Hair in 2021 with Pictures:
Here is a guide on updo hairstyles for medium hair. They are quite simple, easy to do and effortlessly stylish.
1. Princess Braid Updo:
In the first place, the princess updo is one of the most stylish and trendy designs for medium length hair. This is among the latest simple updos for medium length hair. A cute and sassy look can be obtained by pulling hair from the sides and braiding it at the back. Are you going out to a party? Here are the latest hair updo ideas for medium length hair.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s can rock the style.
- Suitable Face Type: Try this hairstyle for round face women.
- Best Season to Try: Summers is a good season to try this look.
- Matching Dress: Any dress with ethnic touch goes well with this style.
- Perfect Occasion: This updo style is suitable for family functions and gatherings.
2. Romantic Updo Hairstyle:
The messy medium hair can style efficiently to take this updo. It is one of the most effortless hair updos for medium length hair. This is a creative hairstyle for medium hair. Women with curly or wavy hair can sport this look well. Here the messy hair is tied at the back by pulling the hair gently, which pretty much looks like a bun. Women with naturally red or blonde hair will rock this look after all these types of messy updos are the trend now!
- Matching Dress: Wear a knee-length dress to style it well.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go for this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early 20s can work on it well.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this for dinner special events and gatherings.
- Suitable Face Type: Go with oval, diamond or round shaped faces with style.
3. Braided Updo:
Women with long to medium length hairstyle can sport this look easily. The hair has to be moderately smooth and might be layered as well. The front part will cover your forehead as it includes that part. At the back, the rest of the voluminous hair will be tied to form an updo. This haircut will look fantastic with a cute dress. This is among our favourite wedding, updos for medium length hair.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this for wedding festivities.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s can sport it well.
- Best Season to Try: Summers is a good season to try this style.
- Matching Dress: Wear nice lehengas or sarees with this hairstyle.
- Suitable Face Type: Oval and diamond face shapes are nicely ideal for this style.
4. Low Rolled Medium Hairstyle:
This is the look where you can twist your medium length hair and push it to the back. Then the rolled hair is assembled to form what looks like a low rolled bun. This is one of the most creative looks for office going women. You can maintain this hairstyle easily and hence styling hair in this way means saving time. Try out this easy and medium short hair updos for hair to do yourself.
- Perfect Occasion: This suits night events and parties.
- Suitable Face Type: Any face type can try this style out.
- Matching Dress: Wear with casual tops and jeans or pants.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go with this hairstyle.
- Ideal Age Group: Those women in their early 20s are best suitable for this style.
5. Fascinating Braided Updo:
This flawless hairstyle comes with tons of braided hair. The whole hair is tied to form braids and pushed at the back where they are secured by locking the hair strands. Without a doubt, this is one of the most attractive hairstyles updos for thin medium length hair. This look is acceptable for all face types.
- Perfect Occasion: Try it for casual outings in mornings.
- Matching Dress: Wear any outfit you like with this updo.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go for this updo.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early 20s can try this out.
- Suitable Face Type: All face types can totally rock this look.
See More: Medium Hairstyles For Thick Hair
6. French Twists Updo:
This updo hairstyle is a show stopper. It is inspired by the French hairstyles, this look sports fabulous French twist. The twisted hair goes over the head and is finally tied and locked at the back. Women with medium length hair will rock this look. Try out this easy updo for medium length hair.
- Best Season to Try: Summers are best for this look.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this for any festivities or celebrations.
- Matching Dress: Wear any ethnic and traditional clothes for the best look.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early to late 20s can work on this hairstyle.
- Suitable Face Type: Those with oval and diamond face shapes can try it for this style.
7. Upside-Down Braid and Bun:
This is a casual updo for medium length hair. And this is best for women who love to experiment with hairstyles. Any medium length hair can work on this style with the beautiful and intrinsic braid at the back. The hair is pulled back from the nape of the neck and tied in the form of bun up. One can further add hair accessories if they wish to. A floral attachment will make the bun look more alluring.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good choice to sport this style.
- Suitable Face Type: Women with oval face shape suits it well.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s and 30s can try this look.
- Matching Dress: Wear western clothes to complement the look.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this for any casual morning outings or lunches.
8. The Double Braided Updo:
This is a gorgeous formal updo for medium length hair. And this looks perfect on those who have medium length hair. This gives the vibe of French braided hair, given that the hair is braided twice. The sides are pulled back gently for adjusting the look, and you will have to use a pin to secure it. A classy and messy bun in one!
- Suitable Face Type: Any face type can sport it well.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good season to try this.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this for night outings with friends.
- Ideal Age Group: Any age women below 30 can try it well.
- Matching Dress: Wear it with super casual western outfits.
See More: Easy Everyday Hairstyles For Medium Hair
9. Side Updo:
The next favourite hairstyle is the side updos for medium length hair. This is quite simple yet very classy and trendy. Those women who love to keep it elegant and modern with a touch of vintage vibe and classy look then this is a perfect fit for you. They are quite easy to do, and you can choose to get a braided updo or get a messy updo as shown. Blow-dry your hair before you start trying it out for a dense effect.
- Matching Dress: Wear it with short western dresses.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s only suit it well.
- Best Season to Try: All seasons are perfect for this hairdo.
- Suitable Face Type: Any face type is best for this updo style.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for night parties and special events.
10. Updo Style with Bangs:
This is a simple updo for medium length hair with bangs. The bangs all over the face look quite fashionable on the forehead. They are neither too big nor too small. A low bun is made in the back to sport the look well. The bangs are neatly brushed to give it a polished style and effect. If you are someone who loves simple style yet likes to flaunt some trend all over, then this one is super perfect and fits you well enough.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good option to try this style.
- Ideal Age Group: All women below 35 years of age can try this out.
- Suitable Face Type: Try this with oval, round and square face shapes.
- Matching Dress: Any western casual dress or skirts are suitable for this.
- Perfect Occasion: Women can wear this for night parties and gatherings.
11. Updo for Curly Hair:
This is an ideal updo for medium length curly hair. It is a great style for those who have curly hair yet want a stylish updo. This looks beautiful with not much mess and effect around. The brides can also wear this look for some functions. This is well suitable for several women and is among our top favourites. You can further accessorise this look through choosing your favourite hair accessories in this.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good choice for this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s can work on this style.
- Suitable Face Type: Try this style with oval and diamond face shapes only.
- Matching Dress: Ethnic and traditional long dress is suitable for this hairstyle.
- Perfect Occasion: Wedding festivities and celebrations are good to go with this style.
12. Floral Updo:
This floral braided updos for medium hair is super cute and pretty as it can get. It is quite easy to do and not at all complicated as you think. You can either do it yourself or even get it done with a stylist or friends. This gives a messy and classic look and is among our favourites. Try this style out in case you are looking for a change from normal hairstyles.
How to Do:
- First, step would be to comb the hair thoroughly.
- Then take part of hair sectioned from upper and above part of the head.
- Tie the remaining leftover hair in the back.
- Put a pony and roll it all around.
- Pull it above and roll it in the messy form to make a bun.
- Get the above leftover hair and mix it through rolling randomly and letting it mix with the other hair.
- Now pin it well and secure with bobby pins.
- Attach hair and floral accessories to add to the look.
- Best Season to Try: Try this during any season as you wish.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s and 30s can try this look.
- Suitable Face Type: This suits round and oval-shaped face well.
- Matching Dress: Good western casual outfits go well with this look.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for morning outings with your girl gang!
- You can add hair accessories or make it look messy and casual.
- Apply hair spray, in the end, to make sure it stays in place for long.
- Serum application to the hair before styling is a good idea to make hair smooth and textured.
- Do not tie hair too tight as it may make it look flat and damage the hair.
Hope you enjoyed reading this guide on updos for medium length hair. They are absolute favourites and are lovely, easy to do and can sport it effortlessly. All you need is some style to carry off these hairstyles and can make you look elegant and classy, that’s all. It is as simple as this! This way, you tackle the heat and also look trendy and party-ready! Our hairstyles will show you the way!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Is updo hairstyle regularly bad for your hair?
Ans: Updo hairstyles are not bad even if you do them regularly. Make sure to take necessary steps to protect it from being done too tight, and following a good hair care routine like you always should do.
Q2. How to protect hair when doing updo regularly without damaging it?
Ans: Here are some tips to protect hair from damage when doing hair updos often. Never tie up damp and wet hair. Always dry it thoroughly. Apply the serum before getting it into an updo. Do not wear hair to sleep like this, remove it at the end of the day. Do not pull hair from the hairline. Be careful and patient while taking it down. Apply hair spray at the end of styling.
Q3. Does hair updo require styling tools to style them?
Ans: No, most of the hair updos for medium hair does not require styling tools to style them. These styles are versatile and can be done without tools. All you need is some creative sense to get on to make it look messy and classy.