Messy hair, don’t care! You might have heard this phrase several times, especially among the young modern women circles. The messy hairstyles are among the trending looks at present; there is no doubt the messy bun hairstyles are equally charming and graceful looks right now in this category. These hairdos deliver a beautiful and hot contemporary vibe and can bring on a sleek style statement effortlessly.
Whether it is a special night out party or cocktail gatherings or formal looks, the messy bun hairdos are a must-try for any woman.
18 Different and Easy Messy Hair Bun Styles for Women 2021:
We have compiled the list of the latest and most trending easy, cute, and perfect messy buns styles, which are simple and quick too. Let’s explore these elegant hairstyles ideas with images.
1. Low Messy Bun:
If you love something easy and elegant and prefer a timeless style statement, this lovely hair bun can be ideal. With the flowers arrangements and low messy look and hair knot, we quite love this result. For women who ideally are searching for something easy and quick for parties or weddings and bridal hair / special occasions, this low messy bun updo can be good to go.
- Women with oval and round face shape can try this hairstyle.
- This edgy look can be good to go for those with wavy hair texture and curly hair.
Try this look for women in the age group of the mid-30s to the 40s for best looks.
2. Messy Double Buns:
Do you prefer chic and contemporary yet funky looks? Here is the one. You may have come across double buns or even messy buns. But this blend of both is something unique and yet innovative. Try this easy and quick hair double updos in messy form, and you can look quite stunning. If you have any informal gatherings with friends or casual outings for regular routines, this can be a good option with a crazy undertone
- Girls and women with round, oval, and diamond face shape can try this hairstyle
- This chic look can be good with any hair texture easily. But if you have thick hair density, this messy bun can be ideal.
- Girls and women below the age group of 25 years can look sweet and cute in this one.
3. Messy Bun with Braid:
This has to be one of our favorite hairstyles makeovers. If you have weddings coming up or celebratory events lined up, this lovely hairstyle makeover can be edgy. With semi braided bun and messy look, the contemporary looks is new as well as charming. Try adding few intricate floral attachments as shown in the picture above to add further detailing. This messy hair bun hairstyle can be best for weddings, prom or party.
- Women with heart, diamond and oval face shape can try this one out
- Wear this messy bun for those women with wavy and curly hair texture.
- This look can be edgy and stylish or women in the late 20s to the mid-30s.
4. Messy Bun with Bangs:
Do you love bangs and fringes? These hair makeovers with added bangs are timeless and can never go out of trend. With the messy hairstyle bun and bangs falling over forehead, this is among most youthful styles we have ever seen. Be it for offices or casual outings, this messy bun with bangs can be edgy and perfect.
- Those with oval and oblong face shape can fit in perfectly in this look
- Try this hairstyle if you have straight or wavy hair texture.
- Women in the 20s and the 30s age group can be ideal in this makeover.
5. Messy Bun Updo:
This is among the most coveted wedding messy hairdo we have come across recently. If you have Christian weddings or even wedding receptions with long maxi dresses as outfits, this bun hairstyles can look grand and plush with elegant looks. Adding hair attachments can add further bright and vibrant hues to this makeover. It is quick and yet edgy and modern.
- Those with round, square, and oval face shape can try this hairstyle.
- This hairstyle makeover bun can be good with straight and smooth hair texture. This can be also an easy messy bun for medium length and shoulder length hair
- Women with anyone in the age of 20s can look ideal in this sleek look.
6. Messy Bun with Bandana:
The bandana hairstyles or hair makeovers with the scarf is quite an upcoming trend. With the lovely feminine styles and retro vibes, we love how it turns out in most hairstyles. Adding a bright colored scarf with the messy bun does the same magic – it gives a bright and sparkling contemporary hue for every event you try it out.
- Women with any face shape and features can try this hairstyle easily
- This look can be edgy and perfect for women who have a wavy and straight hair texture
- Women in the 20s and the 30s age group can be ideal and suitable in this look.
7. Messy Ponytail Bun:
Are you running late for your office? For all those women who are stuck with busy schedules, here is a quick hack. Make a ponytail of your hair and turn it to knot into a bun. This quick and easy hairstyle hardly takes a minute to achieve, and with its messy elegance and looks, it also gives a nice charming style. Further, if you have short hair length, this simple low messy bun can go on quickly and well.
- Women with oval and round face shapes can try this hairstyle out.
- Those with any hair texture and thin look can be ideal and perfect in this easy messy bun for short hair.
- Try this look for those women in their 30s and the 40s age group.
8. Twisted Messy Updo:
We are in awe of this lovely look. The hair here is taken all together and twisted upwards to make it a messy updo. For women who love bold and contemporary looks, this can be an ideal one. Be it for parties or cocktail events or dinners. This can be ideal and trendy with modern statement appealing looks. What do you think?
- Women with oval and round face shape can try these messy bun hairstyles for long hair.
- This edgy looks can be perfect with those in straight and wavy hair texture. Further, if you have long hair length and thick texture, this easy messy bun can go well.
- Women in the 40s and the 50s age group can be perfect here.
Read: Easy Chignon Bun Look
9. Messy Bun with Fringe:
If you are a sucker for parties and have many events in hand for attending, you will love this versatile look. From the high-end parties and gatherings to the dinner events and cocktail gatherings, this hair bun with fringes on the sides is stylish and looks super youthful. Try this high messy bun with a sleek maxi dress or gown and you can look like a million bucks.
- Women with oval and oblong face shape can try this beautiful hairstyle.
- This look can be ideal with a straight and smooth hair texture.
- The age group of the 30s and the 40s can be an ideal and perfect match for this look.
10. Vintage Blonde Messy Bun:
For those professional engagements and formal meetings, this blonde messy backward bun can be ideal. The grace and charm associated with the look give that perfect dignified and formal vibes around you. Air this style with a knee-length dress or skirts and shirts, and we bet you can look gorgeous and stunning.
- Women with diamond, oval, and round face shape can try this hairdo.
- This edgy, stylish hair updo can be tried by women with straight and wavy hair texture.
- Women in the 30s age group can look youthful and mesmerizing in this lovely look.
11. Side Thick Braid:
Thick and Voluptuous hair is a great option to make side thick braid hairstyles. Hairstyles may keep on changing, but this style will have its own craze. Going with this hairstyle to formal events along with a matching dress, you can grab the attention of all the people irrespective of age. So Try once and be different.
12. Updo Messy:
The updo messy bun is awesome if you have a college event or the prom. Though this hairstyle is boasting of youth it can also be adorned by corporate heads as well because of the sophistication it carries. The updo look looks great with a large variety of messy curls both on the front and back.
13. Bump It:
The bump it messy bun is the perfect messy bun to go for if you are looking for a great hairstyle to match your dress. This hairstyle has more volume than most messy hairstyle and looks a lot cleaner as well. The bump it requires a separate set of hands if you want to achieve this great hairstyle.
14. High Updo:
The high up do looks great when you need a great hairstyle when going out for a night on the town or going out with friends. It requires a little or no maintenance and can be made in no time allowing you to have just a great hairstyle for the day. This is a great hairstyle to choose if you do not want to spend too much time on your hair.
15. Messy Bun with Braid:
The messy bun with braid is a little more difficult to make due to the undertone braid that has to be simultaneously made when tying your hair into a messy bun. If you have another person to help you make this hairstyle it will be much better for you to get what you want.
16. Formal Messy Bun:
The formal messy bun is perfect to maintain your dignity and good name when going for any office event. It is maybe the perfect messy hairdo that has ever been discovered due to its ability to look both chique and formal at the same time.
17. Super Casual:
The super casual messy bun is yet again a great way to go if you want to let your hair down during a social event or a party. Even for a regular casual hairstyle this is a great way to go. Super casual requires just a small bun with a large variety of messy curls to properly pull off this great look.
Read: Natural Hair Bun Styles
18. Wedding Bun:
This messy bun is perfect for your wedding and will look absolutely great with a flowing white dress. Your choice of accessories may be used on the hairstyle to achieve a higher level of grace.
The messy bun hairstyles are among the most lovely and popular hair updos for modern women. With the new-gen contemporary hues and classic looks, these messy hairdos are ideal for several events and occasions to come and can suit women with a different set of preferences too. Try them out, and they can look lovely on everyone.