North Indian food! Do you know about this? A classic North Indian meal would cover chapatis, paratha or pooris, pilafs, dals, and mild curries. Boiling, sweet cardamom milk is very frequent before going to bed. The major characteristic of North Indian food are their fat, rich and tasty gravies and wide use of chillies, , milk, saffron, yogurt, cottage cheese (paneer ) nuts, and ), ghee.
North Indian food naturally comprises of a diverse style of dishes from diverse states of India that contain Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Uttaranchal, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, etc.
Famous North Indian Food Recipes:
Let we have to look at the best north indian food recipes.
1. Tandoori Chicken:
- This is a popular Indian dish having chicken marinated in a mixture of yoghurt plus spices usually cooked in elevated temperatures in a tandoor (clay oven).
- This can also prepare on a customary barbecue grill.
2. Murg Malai Kabab:
- These foods are tempting tender succulent as well as fragrant pieces of chicken which dissolve in your mouth.
- Because they are marinated in broad yogurt, cheese, cream or malai saffron, herbs and spices that adds a nice creaminess to the kebabs.
3. Banarasi Aloo Matar Sabji:
- Boil the sliced potatoes and green peas with water in a pressure cooker for 5 minutes.
- In a pan, add cumin seeds and add onions, turmeric, red chili, tomato paste, salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put boiled ingredients with boiled water and cook for 15 minutes.
4. Dahi Bhalla Chaat:
- This recipe needs urad dal and yogurt. Wash and soak urad and moong dal for whole night.
- Morning, make a paste and add Ginger, green chilies, salt, plus make vadas of it.
- Deep fry these vadas for 10 minutes and put into warm water.
- Press them and put them into beated yogurt.
5. Mixed Vegetable Curry:
- Make a paste of soaked cashew nuts, melon seeds plus poppy seeds.
- Boil the vegetables like cauliflower, Carrots, french beans, potatoes, green peas.
- Fry cumin seeds, onions, garam masala, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder and the above paste and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add curd and water with tomato paste and again cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally add boiled vegetables and heat for 20 minutes and serve hot.
6. Kheer – Payasam – Payas – Rice Pudding:
- Soak some rice in water for ½ an hour and after drying it, crush it to make a thick powder.
- Then Fry in ghee for some time until it gets brown colour.
- Put full cream milk and condensed milk, saffron, sugar to boil for 10 minutes.
- Add rice and water and boil till rice is cooked, Add dry fruits and serve hot.
See More: Bengali Vegetarian Food Recipes
7. Rogan Josh:
- Fry cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, bay leaves, peppercorns,Now put in the onions till they twist light golden.
- Mix the ginger and garlic pastes and powdered spices adding beef stock, salt and water and cook to make gravy.
- Add cubed lamb coated with yogurt adding milk into the curry and cook for 30 minutes. Then serve hot.
See More: Recipes Of South Indian Food
8. Rose milk recipe:
- Soak pink rose petals water overnight. Mix rose water, beetroot juice otherwise few drops of red color plus boil for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and boil for 15 min. and refrigerate it.
- Boil milk and cool it. Blend milk with rose syrup in mixer, with almond paste, and cream.
- Serve immediately.
See More: Marathi Food Recipes
9. Lachha Paratha:
- Blend a flour plus salt and make soft dough by a little water. Combine 3 tbsp. of ghee through 1 tbsp of flour and keep sideways.
- Separate the dough into same-sized balls. Break up each ball into 2 portions.
- Acquire each portion and turn over into a long, finger-thick noodle shape.
- Flour a rolling surface flippantly and very quietly roll out the spiral into a flat circle concerning 5″ in diameter (1/3″ thick).
- Revolve the next shape in the same way and put over the first circle. This makes one Lachha Paratha.
- Fry this paratha in ghee till it gets crisp as well as golden color.