Olive Oil is one of the kitchen staples which work wonders for your skin, no matter what type it is. Packed with many antioxidants and nutrients, it is used to achieve flawless skin, great hair and strong nails. Used as a moisturiser, make-up remover, exfoliater and several other purposes to give you the skin you have always dreams of having. One such use is as an important ingredient in some face masks.
How to Make Olive Oil Face Masks at Home:
Here are three Olive Oil Face Masks you can make for yourself at home.
1. Olive Oil and Honey Face Mask:
This honey and olive oil face mask for acne is the recipe for getting flawless and glowing skin. Honey, which is loaded with antioxidants and antibacterial properties, makes your skin hydrated and supple. It helps prevent bacterial buildup as a result of fighting with breakouts.
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Honey
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon juice
How to Use:
- Add olive oil in a small bowl and heat it, by placing the bowl in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Cool it and add honey to it. Squeeze a lemon and add some drops of it into the bowl.
- Apply on your face and neck and leave the mixture for 20 minutes to dry and get properly absorbed into your skin.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- You can try this recipe once a week.
Why this Works:
The combination of olive oil and honey helps fight acne due to the antibacterial properties of honey and nutrients like Vitamin E in olive oil. Your skin becomes softer and smoother than before.
Easy to make at home and the skin considerably looks good. Acne appearance lessens.
2. Olive Oil And Avocado Face Mask:
Avocado is known to be “Nature’s butter”. With the goodness of essential vitamins, omega3 fatty acids and beta carotene, it moisturises your skin, preventing signs of aging. On the other hand, olive oil when mixed with Avocado protects and rejuvenates your skin. Thus; it is a very good olive oil face mask for glowing skin.
- 2 Tbsps Of Olive Oil
- 1 ripe Avocado
How to Use:
- Mash up the avocado and by mixing both the ingredients, make a smooth and consistent paste.
- Apply it evenly all over your face and neck.
- Leave it for 15 minutes. Wash off your face first with warm water, then with cold water.
- Dry your face and apply moisturiser.
- You can use it twice a week for healthy facial skin.
Why this Works:
The combination helps get rid of dirt and impurities and gives glowing and healthy skin.
Skin feels fresh and hydrated. Fine lines and wrinkles get reduced.
See More: Diy Mayonnaise Face Masks
3. Olive Oil, Banana And Egg Yolk Mask:
Egg yolk works effectively on your skin since it promotes skin repair. Rich in Vitamin A, it helps get rid of acne and pimples. And when the goodness of banana gets blended with olive oil, you can enjoy olive oil face mask benefits within a short time. This is a very inexpensive method to get flawless skin.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 egg yolk
How to Use:
- Mash the banana in a small bowl till it’s free of lumps.
- Add olive oil and egg yolk to the bowl. Mix until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture on your face and wash off after 15-20 minutes.
- Pat your skin dry. In case, you don’t have olive oil, you can substitute it with coconut oil.
- You can use this mixture once a week.
Why This Works:
This face mask is for all types of skin as it solves your skin problems like acne, rough and patchy skin.
All three ingredients work against acne and aging. Your skin brightens up from the very first use and feels fresh and soft.
See More: Lavender Oil Face Mask for Skin Fairness
Olive oil is a great boon for your skin. It is very effective on various skin issues like blackheads, acne, pimples, etc. With daily pollution and stress, your skin suffers and needs some pampering.