Beards can make or break the look. For men, it makes quite an important and vital component for grooming well. However given the varieties of styles and facial features men have, it is confusing on what style can suit them the most. Here are a few stubble beard styles to make your work easy. The stubble facial hair is nothing, but shorter versions of beard where the hair size is small and trimmed well. The stubble trimmer is quite well known given the maintenance and look.
Hence here we are presenting you with best stubble beards to check out. Check out what is best in these different stubble styles that will suit you the most as per the age and face shape and try it out.
15 Manly and Best Stubble Beard Styles with Images:
Following are Top 15 stubble beard styles to help you select the desired one.
1. Traditional Style Stubble Beard:
This is the oldest form of a short stubble beard. One requires the stubble shaver to do these styles. Then too, it is still very much in fashion. You have to trim your stubble beard every week at least to maintain this style. It involves maintaining a little of everything, i.e., a light mustache, a short stubble and an extension of your beard into some other style as a combination, etc.
- Best Skin Type: Any skin type can go well with this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their 30s to 50s anyone can look dashing and handsome here.
- Suitable Face Type and Facial Features: Men with the oval and diamond-shaped face can rock this style. Those who have a big nose and fine lines can also rock this look.
2. Light Trimmed Stubble Beard:
If you are one of the guys who don’t like much hair on your face but still want a decent masculine look, then you can go for a light stubble beard. It mainly involves trimming your beard hair in light consistency with the help of a good quality trimmer. You need to be careful about choosing the right trimmer because fine trimming might leave burns if you don’t have a quality trimmer.
- Ideal Age Group: Those men in their 30s and 40s can look great and flaunt the look well.
- Best Skin Type: Men with combination skin type can look good in this style than others.
- Suitable Face Type and Facial Features: This variant of long stubble beard is good for a round or oval-shaped face with wide lips.
3. Modern Stubble Beard:
This is currently the best short stubble beard style in men’s grooming styles. It involves a revamp of the traditional stubble beard wherein you collaborate different beard and moustache styles at the same time, but maintain the symmetry while doing so. For instance, you can choose a combination of goatee and sideburns, and the beard of small hair size makes it appear like stubble.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their late 20s can look good in this style.
- Best Skin Type: Any skin type men can try this style out as it suits all types.
- Suitable Face Type and Facial Features: Men with oval-shaped face with thick eyebrows and beard can look dashing and sizzling hot in this style.
See More: Beard Styles
4. Long Stubble Beard:
The name of this beard clearly states its appearance and grooming requirements. You have to let your beard grow for a long period say about a month or so, and then symmetrically shape your beard or else you can also trim off your curly hair and let the stubble beard look naturally long. Here there is stubble beard neckline.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in 40s and 50s can look dashing here.
- Best Skin Type: Those who have oily skin type can try this style out totally.
- Suitable Face Type and Facial Features: Oval shaped face men with thick beard and moustache can go for this look.
5. Full Neck Stubble Beard:
Many men usually remove all the hair that grows on their neck and their beard thus consists of only facial hair. However, a unique western trend in beards that can see among many men from Europe, the United States and Australia, is that they keep the hair on their neck and trim it a little in shape. When such neck hair combines with stubble, it can call as a full neck light stubble beard, but you need to ensure that you use a proper quality trimmer, like for instance a Wahl Lithium Ion Clipper which helps you in smooth close trimming down your neck. Thus, you can have a Wahl beard and stubble on your neck and face.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their 30s can best suit and prefer this look well.
- Best Skin Type: Those who have oily skin type and combination skin can try this style out.
- Suitable Face Type and Facial Features: Any face shape with those who have elongated features can try this style.
6. Medium Stubble Beard:
Another widely followed style of thick stubble beard across the globe is the medium stubble beard. It requires you to let your hair grow only up to a certain size where you can effectively trim it just slightly into a medium shape. A medium shape is perfect and suits most of the face shapes.
- Best Skin Type: Any skin type, be it dry or combination skin both can work on this look.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their late 20s and early 30s in their career can wear this look for day to the day style quotient.
- Suitable Face Type and Facial Features: All face shapes and features can go well with this kind of thick stubble beard style.
7. Goatee Stubble:
As mentioned before, a stubble goatee beard can style into innumerable variations. One such variation is a goatee beard, but of a small hair size, making it a goatee stubble. For the maintenance of this stubble, you need to take suitable measures while growing it so that you maintain only hair which contributes in the formation of your goatee shape, while other hair must be completely trimmed.
- Best Skin Type: Those with dry skin can work on this look well.
- Ideal Age Group: This medium stubble beard style suitable for men in their 30s than others.
- Suitable Face Type and Facial Features: Elongated face with a sharp nose and wide eyes can try this style out.
8. V-Shape Stubble Beard:
If you want stubble but don’t want it to look stereotypical, then you can go for this unique style. It involves shaping your cheek beard hair into an inverted V shape and also the trimming must be in such a way that the entire stubble also looks like a V when seen from the front. Therefore, you have to again maintain this V-shaped stubble beard with a lot of precision and care.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their 30s can look super hot in this style.
- Best Skin Type: Any skin type can totally work on this look well.
- Suitable Face Type and Facial Features: People with an elongated face can look great in this style.
See More: Medium Beard Styles
9. Heavy Stubble Beard:
A heavy stubble beard is the perfect stubble style if you are looking for a robust and rustic look yet you don’t want too much hair to complete that look. Much like the long stubble, this beard also needs you to grow a lot of hair on your face, but you must ensure that they don’t exceed beyond an inch below your chin. Once you get this size, you must trim off your frizz and ends and maintain a fuller look of your stubble. This stubble looks very masculine and sexy, and that’s the reason why it is called the Heavy Stubble.
- Best Skin Type: Men with oily skin can try this style.
- Ideal Age Group: This heavy stubble suits men in their 40s and 50s only.
- Suitable Face Type and Facial Features: Those with oval-shaped face with heavy features can look into this style.
10. Lazy Looking Messy Stubble Beard:
Sometimes, it is believed that no fashion at all is a fashion in itself. If you are that kind of a person, then this is the perfect style for you. You don’t need to worry about your trimming at all. Just let your beard grow anyhow, but only to a medium length and keep the messy natural look.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their 50s and 60s can look great in this style.
- Best Skin Type: Those with dry and oily skin both can work on this style well.
- Suitable Face Type and Facial Features: Men with elongated face shapes and long beard area are best for this look.
11. Handlebar Mustache Connected Stubble Beard:
A mustache in the shape of a baseless rectangle is called as a handlebar mustache as it resembles the handlebars of a motorcycle. This mustache style is universal in its following and goes with any beard. Therefore you can match this moustache in a connected style with your stubble.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in their 40s and 30s men can look good here.
- Best Skin Type: Combination skin men can try a variant of stubble beard well.
- Suitable Face Type and Facial Features: Long and oval-shaped faces with wide eyes can look great here.
12. Circular Pencil Stubble Beard:
This is another popular style in stubble beards wherein you have to give circular shape to your stubble. This stubble too requires constant care while grooming it, so that you ensure a circular shape and also you must maintain the shape if you want the beard for a longer period.
- Best Skin Type: Those with dry skin can rock this style.
- Ideal Age Group: This chin stubble look is good for men in 30s only.
- Suitable Face Type and Facial Features: Men with diamond and oval-shaped face with light, thin hair can look great here.
See More: Full And Long Beard Styles
13. 3 Day Stubble Beard:
If you don’t mind trimming your beard frequently, i.e. even to the extent of doing so forever 3 days, then this is the tailor-made stubble style for you. All you need to do is trim your beard hair every 3 days and let them grow for the next 3 days. This gives you natural stubble with minimum hair size as they have grown for only 3 days.
- Best Skin Type: Any skin type can complement this look well.
- Ideal Age Group: Those young guys and men in the late 20s and 30s can look great here.
- Suitable Face Type and Facial Features: Any face type with the sharp-pointed nose can be great here.
14. Symmetrically Shaped Stubble Beard:
If you want to incept a little creativity in the styling of your beard, you can trim the stubble on both your cheeks in a unique shape but make it look identical on both sides while doing so. For instance, if you give a crisscross shape on one cheek, you can give the same shape on the other side as well and make it look symmetrical for a more appealing beard look.
- Best Skin Type: Combination and oily skin men can try this lookout.
- Ideal Age Group: This symmetrical stubble beard is great for formal career men in their 30s and 40s.
- Suitable Face Type and Facial Features: Oval, square and diamond-shaped face with the broad or thin nose can look good as shown in the picture.
15. Detached Mustache with Soul Patch and Stubble Beard:
You may have seen this look frequently among movie stars and other celebrities. It gives you a larger than life look. All you have to do is maintain a mustache, and a regular stubble beard, but the mustache must be detached.
- Best Skin Type: Normal skin type can look best suited in this style
- Suitable Face Type and Facial Features: Any face shape with those who have blue eyes can look great.
- Ideal Age Group: All men in their 30s can look great in this tiny stubble beard style who can make a great first impression.
See More: Best Beard Shampoo Products
- Stubble beard styles suit babyfaces. So young men do not need to think twice as well.
- Shave down is an important tip for maintaining the beard. Clean shave properly, and beard will grow back well. There will be even healthy growth in this case.
- You can use trimmers to do precision trimming to your beard further.
- Do not forget to care for your beard. The care will show in the form of healthy and shiny beard. Hence apply beard oil and cream regularly to maintain them.
- Do not over the shape and work overly on the beard. Always remember they look great and stylish when natural.
Hope you liked these stubble beard styles guide well. Beard is one of the great enhancers to male personality can be styled in various ways, and stubble beard is among favourite looks to several men. You can easily work on this style without hustle. There are innumerable variants and hence pick up what best you like and as per your facial features to suit you the most and customize it well. Depending on face shape and preference, you can easily opt for one!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. What setting is good on the trimmer to get stubble beard styles?
Ans: In case you want to trim your beard and get a stubble beard, set the trimmer to around 1-3 cm. Trim beard evenly and carefully. In case you want heavy stubble you can increase length. Better and safe to start with a longer stubble setting and move down till you feel the perfect look is achieved.
Q2. How long does it mean by heavy stubble?
Ans: Stubble can be light or medium or heavy as per your wish. Even heavy stubble is not very long. The maximum heavy stubble can be around 4-5 mm only. This is the variant of style which many prefer.
Q3. How to make sure stubble gets softened before you shave?
Ans: Hydration is an important key here. Wash face well, this can help to soften hair too. Hydrate skin with the help of warm water to make the shave easy.