Defining waves with smooth and mesmerizing texture is what we all dream of! Who does not want to look like a fairy tale princess with all the gorgeous waves falling on the face? One such option to make your dreams come true are these short wavy hairstyles. Even if you have short hair length, you can easily flaunt in these looks with pride through these haircuts for wavy hair texture.
These short wavy hairstyles are quite easy to do, and also to manage, yet will make you look elegant and stand out from the normal to high-end parties. Why wait, girls?! Try these looks out to look gorgeous and stunning. They are trending right now and will surely elevate your lookup!
Short Wavy Hairstyles in 2020:
There are huge options to explore if you have short wavy hair. Find more on what best short wavy hairstyles may suit you best. These haircuts will leave you looking stylish.
1. Bangs Cut with Soft Waves:
Bobs or waves are not limited to youngsters or youth. This soft bangs for older women can look beautiful and make them look gorgeous too. Why limit hairstyles to a young age when fashion and style can extend to all age groups. The same can be replicated to many ages, and hence one can end up looking sleek and edgy in this short bob wavy hair without fail.
- Preferable Face Shape: Any faces shape can try this style out.
- Suitable Age Group: Wear this bob haircut with bangs for women who are above the 40s.
- Matching Dress: Ethnic or western wear both can fit in this style well.
- Best Occasion to Try: This style is good to wear during family gatherings.
- Perfect Season: Summer is the best season to try this style.
2. Cool Wavy Locks in Short:
Wavy locks are always known to be most stylish in the present era. These are among best short wavy hairstyles which one does not need to think at all. Women can look easily youthful and radiant with this style. Try out this classy and jaw-dropping look for transforming yourself to the queen of elegance and style. This will surely suit even women who are a little old.
- Preferable Face Shape: This super cute hairstyle is right to go with oval and round face shape.
- Suitable Age Group: Try this style for women over 40 years to look good.
- Matching Dress: Wear a cute long dress or skirts to look amazing here.
- Best Occasion to Try: Dinners and parties are best apt option to try this style.
- Perfect Season: Wear this look during summers for best looks.
See More: Best Party Hairstyles for Short Hair
3. Side Parted Bob Wavy Hair:
Bob was always an all-round and evergreen hairstyle. But gone are the days we think and associate bob style to blunt bob cut. Here this bob is for those who specifically have wavy hair. These type of short wavy hairstyles are done with soft curls at the corner. Wear this style, and surely you are going to rule all over along with bringing out the charming and sweet persona in you. You can part it sidewise and enhance the look of your pretty dresses.
- Preferable Face Shape: This look for the female is good to go with the oval and square face shape.
- Suitable Age Group: Women in the late 20s are a perfect fit in this style.
- Matching Dress: Wear this style with a fancy dress and jeans.
- Best Occasion to Try: Parties and cocktail events are a perfect fit in this style.
- Perfect Season: Summers and monsoons can be the best fit to try this style.
4. Messy Looks Wavy Hair:
Messy is the new trend. This short hairstyle for ladies with wavy hair adds a new trend and style for those who love messy locks. This is easy to style and carry with a sense of grace and attitude. Women who love wavy locks and want to have messy elegance with them should not miss out this style. Beautiful wavy locks with a middle partition look great!
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval, elongated and round face can try this style.
- Suitable Age Group: Those in the 30s are suitable to try this hairstyle.
- Matching Dress: Women should wear a nice formal skirt or a black dress with this.
- Best Occasion to Try: Wear this style during office formal parties.
- Perfect Season: Winter season is suitable for this short hairstyle.
5. Short Messy Pixie Cut Wavy Hair:
This is among most low maintenance short haircuts for wavy hair. This idea is in the pixie style cut which is seen on actress and celebrity Emma Watson. This replica if wondering will suit commoners like this, well here is the answer. This cut is stylish to look at and has the gorgeous messy nature too. And if you are in a hurry, then you do not need to brush your hair before leaving your house.
- Preferable Face Shape: Round, square, and heart face shape can best suit to this hairstyle.
- Suitable Age Group: Women in 20s and 30s all of them can try this style.
- Matching Dress: Casual tops and jeans or dresses can go well here.
- Best Occasion to Try: Wear this style during casual outings with friends.
- Perfect Season: Summer season is the best time to try the style out.
See More: Short Curly Hairstyles for Women in 2020
6. Short Layered Bob with Waves:
If you are keen on trying out stuff with the layered look, then this is unique and gorgeous one which is latest in fashion. This short layered wavy bob haircut with side parting and tiny asymmetric bang is not known to many. All the rebel ladies and boss women out here must not hence miss this out. If you are in art and fashion field or the music industry, you may not even need to hesitate to try this one out.
- Preferable Face Shape: Round and heart face shape can try this style.
- Suitable Age Group: Wear this for women above 40 years only.
- Matching Dress: Casual tops and jeans are good to go in this one.
- Best Occasion to Try: Wear this look for regular daily time and work activities.
- Perfect Season: Summers are good to go in this style.
7. Attractive Wavy Hairdo Style:
Sceptical of trying out bangs? Here is another version of trying out bangs look in the best possible way. In case you have short wavy hair, then this bangs style can look amazing and beautiful on you. The headband is further adding to the look much better in the sense of looking cool and edgy at the same time. Tie your hair with a beautiful headband and go out and you surely will draw all attention.
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval, and oblong faces should not miss out this haircut idea.
- Suitable Age Group: Women in 30s can try this style for looking youthful and radiant.
- Matching Dress: Long dress or skirts can go well in here.
- Best Occasion to Try: Wear this look during parties or dinner dates.
- Perfect Season: Summer and monsoon Seasons are the best suitable options for this look.
8. Bold Red Soft Wavy Hair:
If you are a fan of trying out hair colours or highlighting why drawback? Try this bold red colour for short wavy bob. That is it; you surely are going to leave everyone around you in splits and impressed. This style will also highlight your personality on being bold, impressive, and graceful. Try this style out if you are in love with hair colours.
- Preferable Face Shape: Round and heart face shape women can be a perfect fit in here.
- Suitable Age Group: Try this style for women in the late 20s and 30s.
- Matching Dress: Western knee-length dress or bold shorts can be good here.
- Best Occasion to Try: Parties or dinner with friends can be good to try this look.
- Perfect Season: Monsoons and winters are good seasons here.
9. The Curly Bob Style:
This is another possible variant of having bob cut in short wavy curly hair stylish way. If you are blessed with soft thick curls, one must not leave this opportunity of trying out bob in this variant. Given the soft curls and waves, the bob will surely look totally stylish and beautiful. Those who do not have curls feel jealous on this look!
- Preferable Face Shape: those with elongated face shape can try this style out.
- Suitable Age Group: Any women from 20s to 40s can try this versatile haircut.
- Matching Dress: Wear casuals in this look to look gorgeous to yourself!
- Best Occasion to Try: Casual outings with friends or family can try this style.
- Perfect Season: Summers are apt in this haircut idea.
10. The Bold Short Waves:
If you are fond of having bob in much shorter form and not look like blunt bob, then this style can best suit you. This is custom made for women who are in little older age groups so that they can happily flaunt this hairstyle without doubts and still manage to look youthful and glowing. Try this short haircut for thick wavy black hairstyle out if you love experimenting and have cute transformation.
- Preferable Face Shape: All face shapes women can try this style out.
- Suitable Age Group: Those in the late 30s to 40s can best fit in this style.
- Matching Dress: Wear cute little dress or skirts in this cut to look good.
- Best Occasion to Try: Office parties or family outings are good options here.
- Perfect Season: Monsoons are a good time to flaunt in this gorgeous look.
11. Braided Side Short Wave:
If you are thinking to have blunt bob cut variant will leave you to limit only to one possible option, well here we prove you wrong. This is a style where the hair is side braided till the end and can look gorgeous. The hair is braided till the end to be left with other hair on the back. This will change the way you can look and make you look sleek and edgy. This short haircut is among our favourite look for those who have fine hair.
- Preferable Face Shape: This is amazing for oval face shape and heart face shape.
- Suitable Age Group: Wear this style for women in 30s only.
- Matching Dress: Nice fancy dress can suit this style better than others.
- Best Occasion to Try: Parties, dinner dates and family outings are good options to try this cut.
- Perfect Season: Winter is the best for these kinds of hairdos for short wavy hair.
12. Messy Casual Curly Style:
If you think you have harsh curls and messy look then you can even turn that into an advantage. Here is how! Just have a similar cut as above and let your messy and harsh curls turn to your positive by arranging hair in the same way. This will make you look gorgeous and remove frizz through making you stylish! Wear this short haircut for frizzy wavy hair for your date or parties, and you surely will get all impression you deserve!
- Preferable Face Shape: Those with the oval and elongated face can try this style.
- Suitable Age Group: Wear this style for women in 30s.
- Matching Dress: Western casual wear is the best for this haircut.
- Best Occasion to Try: Parties or dates are perfect occasions to try this short haircut for naturally wavy hair.
- Perfect Season: Monsoon season can fit this messier style better than other seasons.
13. Messy Boy Cut with Waves:
We are often sceptical about trying out too short hair or with terms of having boy cut. But did you ever imagine how messy curls and waves with this style can look? This is the look. This messy, inspired hair is easy to make and takes the least maintenance. All office is going, and busy life ladies out here should not miss this style, you can look bossy in this!
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this style for oval and round face women.
- Suitable Age Group: Those in the 30s are a perfect fit to look gorgeous.
- Matching Dress: Formal dress can be the best fit in here.
- Best Occasion to Try: Wear this to daily meetings and work schedules.
- Perfect Season: Summer is the perfect time to try this look with side bangs.
14. Black Short Waves:
This is another variant of short wavy bob black hair cut. This also looks similar to boy cut variant but is indifferent side cut. The hair is much longer on the other side than the other. This asymmetric way is in trend right now. Hence in case you are someone who loves to look bold and beautiful, do not hesitate to try this one out.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this style for oval and elongated face shape.
- Suitable Age Group: This one is the amazing wavy hairstyle for those over 50 years.
- Matching Dress: Casual western wear is good to go in this style.
- Best Occasion to Try: Wear this style during music or dance events.
- Perfect Season: Summers and monsoons are good to go in this style.
15. The Unique Pixie:
Now here comes the unique pixie haircut you may have come across. This cut is different and has fringe with messier hair near the crown and neat hair as the blunt cut across the forehead. This style is specifically for those who love to look new or have a bolder style. This short pixie cut for wavy hair requires lots of guts and confidence to carry across and hence try it out only if you can!
- Preferable Face Shape: All face shapes can try this style out.
- Suitable Age Group: Wear this style for only women below 35.
- Matching Dress: Modren dress is only good to go in this cut than others.
- Best Occasion to Try: Women can wear this look for parties and casual outings with friends.
- Perfect Season: Monsoons and winters are good to go in this style.
Here are suggestions from our side to look gorgeous,
- Short hair is quite easy to maintain. But do not wash hair too often as it may mess up with your hair texture.
- Apply conditioner at the end of the wash to bring in softness and smoothness.
- Have hair spa once a while for good and deep nourishment and hydration to hair.
- Apply the oil every week to hair to protect from external factors and dullness.
- Use shampoo which does not have sulfate and harsh chemicals only.
- Have healthy food which can show in the form of smooth and good moisturized hair.
This guide on short wavy hairstyles is not it. Given the several varieties, one can easily choose the best possible and suited style as per preference and other styling options. Try these out and transform yourself into a new face today. You will surely end up looking gorgeous and receive a lot of compliments. Now stay tuned and tell us what your favourite style is!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Does pixie cut suit women over 50 years?
Ans: The pixie cut is the fashion nowadays, and we all want to try it out. However, if you want to try pixie after 50 years, you can well do it with stylist recommendation on which variant may suit your face shape better. Go for less messy pixie for looking gorgeous.
Q2. How to reduce the thinning of short hair?
Ans: Thinning of hair is difficult and may make hair look lesser. While short hair is an immediate remedy to make hair not look thinner, it is not a long term option. Hence have a healthy diet, have almond oil and olive oil massage often and have good hydrated and nourishes hair to reduce thinning.
Q3. Is it okay to shampoo once a week if I have short hair?
Ans: While we understand having shampoo is easy with short hair, it is required that hair is maintained clean always. Hence if your hair is not dry and dull, then you can shampoo once a week or else it is better to do it twice.