How to Increase Height After 18 Years – 5 Simple Things
At eighteen years an average adolescent body undergoes massive hormonal changes. Human Body is governed by hormones and hormones in turn are governed by our lifestyles. In order to gain height the main hormone in use is, the Human Growth Hormone (HGH). This triggers the growth of bones and muscles. Some believe that 18 is the last stop for the HGH. But that’s not true. One can grow as long as the hormone is secreted. Thus to get the hormones to act up we must follow the basic few steps that will ensure height gain.
Here are our 5 Simple Things to Increase Height After 18 Years.
- Have a Balanced Meal.
- Exercises – Free hand stretching, Swimming, Gymnastics.
- Adequate Sleep.
- Avoid Smoking & Drinking.
- Genetic Factor.
Increase Height After 18 Years:
Here you get an detailed info on How to Increase Height After 18 Years.
Have a Balanced Meal:
If you want to look tall you, must aim towards looking lean. The first step to that is to eat right and maintain your weight.
Your meal must contain the following things to maintain weight and grow tall. These include:
• Lean protein: white poultry meat, fish, soy, and dairy products.
• Calcium: dark leafy green vegetables and dairy products (yogurt and milk).
• Vitamin D: Fish, eggs and mushrooms.
• Other nutrients: zinc, manganese and phosphorus help aid growth.
Do not skip breakfast at any cost. Also try eating smaller and frequent meals as this will increase your metabolism levels and balance your BMI. Above all drink plenty of water.
See More: How To Increase Height After 20
Given the high energy levels at teenage and till puberty one needs to do a lot of exercise. It will keep you fit and will just about yank up your height. The following exercises will help.
• Skipping and jumping
• Basketball or other team sports which involves stretching
• Free hand stretching
• Yoga and Pilates
All of the above work on the same Darwinian Theory which did the trick with the giraffe’s neck. This means that if we stretch out regularly or do activities that help you stretch then chances are that the HGH will be channelized in the right direction. If nothing else, then it will maintain your weight and keep the body lean. A fat person always looks shorter than his height.
See More: Height And Weight Chart In Kgs
Sleeping is the time when the muscles rest and the body grows. The pituitary gland secretes HGH during the deep sleep phase. So get plenty of sleep and give the body a chance to grow. About 9-11 hours is just fine. But this will also not work if you skip steps 1 and 2 above, in which case the body will grow horizontally!
See More: How To Increase Height After 21 Years
Things to Avoid:
While there are three steps to grow tall there are a few caveats that need to be followed in order to avoid putting brakes on your efforts.
• Do not hunch back or slouch. Walk straight and maintain good posture. Good posture always makes you look tall
• Don’t stay indoors all the time. Sunlight helps absorption of Vitamin D in our body. So go out and play.
• Avoid alcohol; there is a reason why the drinking age is higher.
• Avoid drugs and hallucinates: they confuse your hormones.
• Avoid smoking: it stops your primary growth altogether, thereby effecting height gain.
• Avoid steroids or supplements: your body is new and fit so go for natural options. Induced supplements are bound to have side effects on your body which will surface someday. Don’t create complications for your body.
Genetics can play a major role in determining height. Unfortunately whether you have a tall gene depends upon your parents. Having shorter parents indicates that your height will tend to be on the shorter side. But on flip side it can also indicate the presence of a dormant tall gene also which sometimes skips a generation. Genes can be tricky that way.
Eighteen is certainly not the end of the rope. Scientific studies have proven that height can increase up to 6 inches after we hit 18. Our bodies never stop growing. All we need to do is channelize the hormones into the right direction. So don’t lose hope. There is still time. Work hard.