You may required to fill your height at various places like forms in the school, some competitions, etc. Besides, as a parent, you may be wanting to know whether your child is growing age appropriate. It may not be feasible every time go to the pediatrician just to measure your height, but then the question arises how to measure height at home accurately, especially when you do not have the standard Stadiometer at home, and it may not even be practical to keep one at home. So in the absence of that,how can you measure your height? There are many non-standard ways of measuring height. In this article, we will give you an easy way to measure height and also guide you with steps to follow how to measure my height accurately.
Height measurement is usually done to keep a check as to whether you are growing at a normal rate. To know how to measure your height successfully, there are a few great methods given in detail that can make your job easy:
Various Ways to Measure Your Height:
Here is How to measure height of a person in right manner.
1. Wall Measurement:
This is usually seen when a child is growing up and is quite an efficient way to measure your height at all times.
Steps on how to measure your height accurately using wall measurement
- Find a wall – First of all, look for an unobstructed wall for measuring height. It should be a plain wall without any obstruction such as a window or any other cut-out. The wall should be wide enough to cover both the shoulders against the wall.
- Remove any bodily obstruction – Remove any shoes, hair accessories, pony-tail or any other bodily obstruction. Stand against the wall bare-footed.
- Stand up straight – Stand straight with your face facing forward. Take your legs near each other and place the arms by the side of the body.
- Mark the height – Now with the help of a chalk mark the area of the wall that is aligned with the top of your head. After successfully marking the wall move away.
- Measure the height using measuring tape – Now use a measuring tape to measure the distance from the marking and the ground to get an accurate height measurement.
See More: Tips To Increase Height In 2 Weeks
2. Direct Measuring Tape:
This is another very accurate and one of the best way to measure height. In this method of how to measure your height at home, you directly place the two ends of a measuring tape both below your feet and on the top part of your head. Hold the top part with your fingers and the bottom part with your toes. Keep a tab on the area of the measuring tape that combines both points, and you will get an accurate height measurement.
3. Height Measurement Board:
how to measure body height? The height measurement board is a complete height measurement method. This board is available at almost any market and is very necessary to have if you have a child at home that is growing up. This board can be stuck to your wall permanently so that your child can get an accurate height reading whenever they want. The board is lined with an accurate measurement of up to 7 feet normally along with individual inches below each foot.
4. Measuring The Height on a Horizontal Surface:
how to measure exact height? This method is usually used by the pediatrics to measure the height of the infant or to measure the height of the immobile adults. This method is, however, less accurate as compared to the aforesaid standard methods. The following are the steps to measure the height on the horizontal surface:
- Make the person lie down straight on the horizontal surface with the eyes looking at the ceiling.
- Press the knees slightly towards the floor.
- Use a measuring tape to measure the height from the base of the feet to the top of the head.
5. Measuring Height Using Technology:
If you are thinking on how to properly measure your height, There are many apps available online that allow you to measure height. Follow the following steps to measure the height accurately using the mobile app.
- Go to the appstore or playstore based on the OS you have and search for the measure app.
- A number of apps both paid and free will pop-up on your screen.
- Go through the reviews as well as pricing before buying or installing the app.
- Open the app project the picture of which you need to measure the height and complete the requested details.
- Hold your phone stable to be able to measure the height.
- Try from various angles to get an accurate measurement.
See More: Tips To Increase Height Naturally
Weight and Height Calculation:
This is a much more difficult and less accurate process, but at the end of the day, it gives the results you require. How to properly measure height ?The process is only carried out if you do not have any other way to measure your height. It is a summarizing process that requires you to first calculate your weight and then compare it to your age. Once compared your height will be 2 inches less or more than your weight and height which is a comparative study in regards to whether you are more or less the weight you are required to be at your age.
These are the most effective ways you can measure your height, but keep in mind that you do not grow further after you have reached the age of 21 because at this point in time your body has fully matured. As mentioned above there is no accurate height a person should be because there are many factors that can influence your height, but necessarily here is an average height which you will need to be after going through all the required changes.
See More: How To Increase Height Within A Month
Thus the aforesaid are the various methods on how to measure human height. These methods on how to measure height are really simple and can be done at home. Share with us whether you could measure your ward’s height accurately in the comments below. Also, share this article with your friends and family who are looking for ways to measure body height. If you are wondering how to measure your height correctly, hope you got an answer from us.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Question 1: How Can I Measure My Height Without Using Measuring Tape?
Answer 1: If you do not have a measuring tape and are still looking for ways on how to measure height, the following are some of the non-standard methods that will aid in measuring height near accuracy:
- Pinkie finger
- A dollar bill can be used which is exactly 6 inches long
- A makeshift ruler
Question 2: How to Calculate Height in Centimeters?
Answer 2: For calculating the height in centimeters, you need to be using the following conversions:
- First of all convert feet into centimeters using the conversion rate 1 foot = 100cms so if your height is 5 feet something then your height in centimeters is 5*100 + something.
- Next, convert the inches in centimeters using the conversion rate 1inch =2.54cm, so if your height is 5 feet 6inches, then the height in centimeters is 5*100 + 6*2.54 =515.24cms.
Question 3: How do You Calculate Your Height in Inches?
Answer 3: For converting your height into inches follow the following steps:
- First of all, convert the whole feet into inches using the conversion rate 1 foot = 12 inches. So if your height is 5 feet and something first convert 5*12 = 60 inches.
- Add up the further inches to this round figure. For example, in case your height is 5 feet and 4 inches, then it comes to 60+4 = 64inches.
Question 4: How do You Calculate Height in Meters?
Answer 4: The following formula will help you convert your height in meters:
- 1 meter = 3.28 feet and 1 feet=0.305 meters. This will help you convert your height in feet into height in meters.
- For converting height in inches and centimeters to height in meters, one must use the following conversion formula:
- 1 inch =2.54cm and 1cm =0.394 inches.Further 1meter = 100cm. Thus by using these formulas, you can convert your height in a 2 step process.
Question 5: How Can I Measure My Height?
Answer 5: While it is easy to measure others height at home accurately, it might get a little tricky in measuring your height on your own. However, following the below-mentioned steps will aid you in measuring your own height accurately:
- Grab a pencil and stand with your back against the wall, feet close to each other and neck straight.
- Now take a hard book in your hand and place against the wall on top of your head and holding the book straight
- Mark a point over the book or the hardboard with a pencil.
- Now take a measuring tape and measure the height from the pencil mark to the bottom of the floor.