Vitamins and proper nourishment are the important keys to increase the height along with the genetic structure. Bones should be healthy and strong to grow taller. Body needs balanced diet with minerals and vitamins. Vitamins which mainly help in growth are Vitamin D, B1, C, B2 and minerals like phosphorus and calcium.
Vitamins For Height Growth:
Below are listed 6 best vitamins that help grow taller:
1. Vitamin B1:
- It promotes the body growth and helps in growing taller.
- Digestive system is also maintained by the intake of this vitamin.
- It provides blood supply to the organs thus contributing in the proper growth of the body.
- It also helps in maintaining the proper functioning of heart and nervous system.
- Some important sources containing vitamin B1 are peanuts, soybeans, rice and pork.
See More: How To Groom Hair
2. Vitamin D:
- It is most important of all vitamins which help the bones to make them long and strong.
- Teeth and bones start becoming weak if a body doesn’t get the required amount of vitamin D.
- Sun light is the important source containing vitamin D. Apart from that you can increase the amount of vitamin D by including tomatoes, potatoes, milk, citrus
- Fruits and cauliflower in your diet.
- It will enable you to reach the height which is genetically destined.
- Vitamin D also helps the body to absorb calcium and phosphorus which also contributes in growing taller.
3. Vitamin C:
- Vitamin C is also called as Ascorbic acid.
- It helps in promoting the growth of teeth and bones. It also strengthens them.
- Vitamin C is one of good antioxidants and thus prevents illness resulting in growth of body at a younger age.
- Tomatoes, citrus fruits, potatoes and berries are rich source of this vitamin.
See More: Food Rich In Protein For Hair Growth
4. Vitamin B2:
- Riboflavin is another well known name of vitamin B2.
- It is one of the important vitamins which help you in growing taller.
- It also contributes in the growth of nails, bones, skin and hair.
- To increase riboflavin content in your body start including green and leafy vegetables, fish, milk and eggs in your diet.
- Calcium helps the body to increase the bone growth.
- It is very important mineral which enhance your height as well your personality.
- Milk and all dairy products like cheese, curd, butter etc are very rich in calcium.
- Food sources like spinach, turnip greens, fortified products of soy and collards are also rich in calcium.
- Calcium should be taken on a regular basis to increase the strength and longevity of the bones resulting in the increase in height.
- Age wise requirement of calcium by the body:
From 1 to 5 years: 500 mg
From 5 to 10 years: 800 mg
From 10 to 20 years: 1300 mg
From 20 to 50 years and above that: 1000 to 1200 mg of calcium.
See More: Benefits Of Green Tea For Hair
- Calcium alone is not sufficient to make tissues and bones strong. We need phosphorus along with calcium.
- It helps in digestion of vitamin riboflavin.
- Its deficiency will result in loss of bone. It helps in preventing osteoporosis.
- Body’s 80% phosphorus is present in bones.
- It prevents slow growth of bones in children by preventing from bone diseases like rickets. Thus contributing in growth of height.
- Phosphorus is rich in peanuts, cola drinks, meat and fish.
Eating healthy and good diet alone will not help you grow taller. Balanced diet with good exercise also helps a lot in increasing the height. We should encourage our children for some sports like swimming, aerobics and cycling which promotes the growth of bones and increase the metabolism of the body and thus helps to grow taller.
Image Source: Shutterstock