Do you suffer from dark spots? We all hate dark spots on our face and want to get rid of them. What causes black spots on skin? Prolonged exposure to sun, acne, melasma are some of the common causes for dark spots on the face. Age spots are caused by production of melanin in excess and they are also dark black/brown spots on the face. Dark spots, also known as pigmentation, mostly appear on the forehead, face and cheekbones. Thus, in this article we have few very easy and effective tips that can help you get rid of them. You can easily do them at home to remove the dark spots.
Dark Spots On Skin:
Dark spot is a skin problem that is observed in young adults. This is also referred as “hyper pigmentation” that happens when the skin is exposed to sun. They can also be in colour like light brow, red or black. They tend to appear on the many exposed body parts like face, neck, back, legs, hands, or shoulders and scalp. They are also called as brown spots, age spots, sun spots; liver spots that make the skin look dull and unattractive.
Causes Of Dark Spots On Face:
Causes Of Dark Spots On Face:
- Sun Exposure.
- Genetic disorders.
- Hormonal shifts.
- More Stress.
- Not proper skin care.
- Hyper pigmentation.
- Liver problems.
- Vitamin C and Vitamin B12 deficiency.
How To Remove Black Spots On Skin:
Below we have given some of the best home remedies for black spots on skin.
1. Lemon Juice:
Lemon, the sour tasting fruit that enhances food and also consumed as a summer drink, also has other benefits for external use. Yes! Lemon juice is what we have been drinking for ages right. This juice can be used to treat dark spots on the skin. The lemons have a natural bleaching property as they are acidic in nature. This can lighten your dark spots on the skin. Now that you found out that you can get away with your dark spots with lemon, you must scroll down to know how!
- Squeeze lemon juice to apply it directly over dark spot.
- You can also dip in a clean cotton ball to apply even.
- Let it stay 1/2 hour and rinse with normal tap water.
- Do this 2times everyday to get good results.
Do you know how to remove dark spots by using lemon juice?
- You can also use lemon juice with sugar dissolved to apply on the dark spot area.
- Leave this on the skin for ½ hour.
- Rinse to remove age spots.
Buttermilk, the summer drink or the after food drink or the diet drink for many is made by thinning the curd with water and salt and churning it to get a good foam. The salty good butter milk that satisfies your thirst as it runs down your mouth also has other benefits. The Lactic acid present in curd or buttermilk is great for the skin. And this is a great ingredient to treat black spots on skin. To know how, scroll down.
- Apply buttermilk on the brown spots with a clean cotton swab.
- Keep for 15 minutes and rinse with water.
- You can also add lemon juice if you have oily skin or acne.
- Apply this regularly on affected area to fade the black spot on the skin.
Yogurt, the delicious ready to eat or drink ingredient readily available in the market not only enriches your food recipes but also enhances your skin tone. Yes! Yogurt can do wonders to your skin if you apply it over your skin regularly. Yogurt is naturally enriched with skin enhancing ingredients and when you apply in over your skin, it has the power to lighten your dark spots. Grab some yogurt and massage it into your dark spots now. For a detailed procedure, scroll down.
Yogurt can lighten black spots in the most natural way. You can use yogurt to massage.
- Take some yogurt and massage directly on dark spots or patches.
- Let this dry for 25 minutes to rinse with normal water.
- Do these before you go to sleep to get best results.
4. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera, the natural gelly that has already proven its benefits is an essential ingredient in herbal treatments. Aloe vera is available in plant form in most homes and in packaged gel or juice form in the markets. Although most people have started consuming aloe vera juice so as to cleanse and detox the body, it is also a great ingredient to treat dark spots. This is one of the best natural remedies to heal black skin spots, stings, burns or brown spots. This has lubricant to nourish the rashes and even blackheads. Read on for details on how to use it.
- Rub the fresh aloe vera gel on your dark spots.
- Let it dry for 30 min.
- Wash with normal water.
- Do this twice a day for quick results.
5. Castor Oil Can Get Rid Of Black Spots On Skin:
Castor oil, the most sticky oil used for hair care in the ancient times also has other best benefits. The natural healing properties present in castor oil give it the power to erase dark spots or any skin color imbalances forever. Although it takes some time to get rid of the sticky nature of the oil, its essential healing properties make it worth to try! Read on to know how.
- Apply some castor oil with the help of cotton ball for daily twice a day.
- Massage gently all over the area for few minutes.
- This can also be done with other oils like coconut, almond or olive oil to reduce dark spots.
See More: How To Have Smooth Skin
Sandalwood powder, the most aromatic tree product ever which is often used in divine rituals is a great product for skin. You must have noticed that most soaps have this ingredient in them. Sandal naturally has skin healing properties and when it comes to dark spots, this plant product can just make wonders happen. With its anti-ageing property and skin tightening, smoothening and lightening power, Sandal when often used as a face pack has the power to erase dark spots. Here is the procedure to make your sandal face pack:
- Add a few drops of glycerine, lemon juice and rose water.
- Wash off the face pack.
- This is effective to cure dark spot on skin. It is one of the best home remedies for get rid of black patches from skin.
Papaya, the most essential weight-loss and anti-ageing ingredient also has best benefits for your skin. The skin care enzymes that it contains make it the power-packed ingredient for skin care, especially for blemishes, black spots, and even acne. The fruit has cleansing properties and when you apply it on skin as a mask or use it as a scrub, it lightens your skin making it smooth and shiny. Here is the procedure for usage.
- Just Rub the grated raw papaya on your dark brown spots
- Wash with warm water after 15 minutes. This also acts as a cleanser and lightens the spots.
8. Oats Can Remove Dark Spots On Skin:
Oats, the low calorie and good for diet food ingredient has proven properties to heal skin. Oatmeal powder is considered good for skin exfoliation and when you apply it as an oatmeal mask on your face and neck, it has the power to exfoliate dead skin and lighten black spots. You may choose to use it regularly to say a good-bye to the dark spots. So, grab some oats from your cereal mix and make a mask out of it. Here is how!
- Grind around half a cup of rolled oats and add three to four tablespoons of lemon juice in order to make a paste.
- Scrub it on your face and neck and wash it off with warm water when it dries.
- If it becomes messy, soak clean cloth in warm water and use it to remove the mask. Repeat this once or twice a week.
Are you one of those who eat soaked almonds every day? Well! The next time you soak almonds, remember to soak some in milk. Well! This is for your dark spots. Yes! Almonds are great at cleansing and enriching skin tone. So as you enjoy your soaked almonds, let your skin enjoy the almond mask that just removes dark spots making you glow! Here is how:
- Take10 almonds and soak them in milk overnight.
- Peel off the skin and grind the almonds to a paste in the morning.
- Add one teaspoon of sandalwood powder and half a teaspoon honey in it.
- Mix them and make a fine paste.
- Apply it on your face and leave it undisturbed for about 30 minutes then wash it off.
The most favourite vegetable of many, potato, the chips, the bajjis, the fries and the flitters, potato the tasty vegetable also is a skin enhancing vegetable. Yes! While you enjoy your potato curries or chips, let your skin enjoy the goodness of potato and get rid of dark spots. Potato when oxidizes absorbs all that is around it. So, use it on your skin to pull out all the dark spots. Here is how:
Don’t you know how to get rid of black spots on skin by using potatoes?
- Slice a potato and place a slice directly on top of the black spots.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and after some time wash your face with some water.
- You can also make a face mask by mixing some grated potato with honey.
See More: How To Maintain Healthy Skin
11. Yogurt And Oatmeal Pack For Black Patches:
Yogurt and Oats as we just told you are individually good for skin but when they are mixed together, they work their magic on your skin. Yogurt is a great cleansing ingredient, while oats are great at scrubbing out the dust and dead cells off your skin. Here is how to make this magic skin lightening face pack.
Yogurt helps lighten black spots in a natural way.
- Apply some plain yogurt directly on the black spots.
- Let it dry for around 20 minutes.
- Now, wash it off with cold water.
To get instant results apply yogurt on the dark spots before going to sleep and leave it on overnight.
You can make a face pack by mixing 1 tbsp of plain yogurt, 2 tbsp of oatmeal powder and 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Apply this pack onto the dark spots and leave it on for about half an hour.
- Apply any moisturizer you want, after rinsing it off with cold water.
- Repeat this procedure every day for 1 – 2 months to get best results.
Horseradish, the extraordinary herb that is not known to many looks like ginger in texture. This magic vegetable has the power to exfoliate your dark spots and rejuvenate your skin by giving it the glow it has lost.Be it skin softening or lightening, horseradish is the magic ingredient. Trust us on this and just note down the recipe.
- Make horseradish paste.
- Apply it on the affected area of the skin directly.
- Mixing grated horseradish with apple cider vinegar or buttermilk in a container and letting it rest for 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks, applying this mixture on the black spots with the help of some cotton is also fine.
- Repeat this remedy 3 times daily for a month and your brown spots fade away.
- Combining horseradish with vinegar and honey also works.
Don’t forget to apply an SPF as these ingredients can make your skin very sensitive to Ultra Violet rays.
13. Red Current:
The most delicious redcurrant is an amazing fruit used as cake topping or as a dessert topping. But did you know it’s also a great skin conditioner? Yes! Red currant especially the unripe ones are best for skin toning and lightening. Below is the procedure for making a red currant face mask.
- Mix 1/4 of a cup of mashed unripe red currants with one tablespoon of honey.
- Now apply this mixture on your area of your skin with dark spots and let it set.
- After around half an hour, wash it off with warm water.
- Dab some diluted lemon juice.
- You can also make a mixture with equal amounts of red currant juice, orange juice, parsley juice and lemon juice and use it.
- Repeat this procedure once daily to get rid of your dark spots.
14. Sugar Cube:
Sugar enriches the taste of food, especially smoothies or sweets. But did you know sugar is a great scrubbing agent? Well! The Glycolic acid in sugar works as a natural chemical peel which helps in removing the dark spots naturally. Sugar cubes make a big difference for this procedure instead of regular sugar granules. Read on for details.
- Scrub the black patches on your skin with sugar cubes.
- Scratch the dead skin off gently.
You can also use sugar cubes to exfoliate the blemishes that are present on your skin.
15. Rose Water Help To Remove Dark Spots From Skin:
Rose, the fragrant filled flower makes the environment so great with its beautiful fragrance. Alongside that, the flower petals have an exclusive property of skin enhancement. You must have heard of rose water. Instead of just using rose water as a cleaning agent just, you could mix it with effective ingredients to bring the best out of it. Here is how:
Using rose water on the dark spots on your skin can help lighten it.
- Mix rose water with some sandalwood powder, make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your skin to diminish, lighten or remove the blemishes.
- Rose water is one of the best home remedies for black spots or patches on skin.
Using these easy home remedies, you can remove all your black spots and enjoy being praised wherever you go for your glowing skin.
If you have dark spots on skin and want to know how to get rid of dark marks, here are the top five creams that have scientifically proven to be effective:
Kojic Acid Fairness Peel (natural) and Kojic Acid Soap:
Kojic soap not only whitens the skin, it also helps eliminate acne/pimples and acne scars. It is know for getting rid of hyperpigmentation, melasma, dark spots and other skin blemishes.
This soap gently exfoliates the skin and cleanses it, which helps get rid of blackheads, whiteheads and unclogged pores. Acting on hyperpigmentation will effectively result in removing dark spots on skin.
Regular use gives you an even skin tone and doesn’t give you a bleached look.
The results are comparable to a chemical peel and micro dermabrasion combined,only at a very low price.
Glycolic Acid Peel and Glycolic Acid Soap:
Glycolic acid peel is a simple chemical peel that uses glycolic acid as its main ingredient. It is currently a popular treatment for winkles and acne. It removes that top layer of skin revealing the fresh, new layer. The new layer is without any damage looks stunningly fresh.
Glycolic acid peels show amazing results by giving you a younger and acne free skin with fewer fine lines and wrinkles. Your skin will be visibly less oily and is much clearer after the regular use of this product. Bet on their glycolic acid to get rid of the dark spots on your skin.
Kama Ayurveda Rejuvenating & Brightening Ayurvedic Night Cream:
Kama Ayurveda Rejuvenating & Brightening Ayurvedic Night Cream is made with a unique and beneficial product Saffron or Kesar. It purifies and brightens the skin and reduces dark spots and skin pigmentation. It also provides an even skin tone. This Ayurvedic dark spot removal skin cream is suitable for all skin types. It’s a night skin cream that minimizes dark spots and is ideal for oily skin too.https://stylesatlife.com/articles/how-to-remove-black-spots-on-skin/
Zenvista Marks Clear Anti Marks Cream:
Zenvista Marks Clear Anti Marks Cream is formulated especially for treating scars, dark spots and blemishes on the skin. The Mushroom extracts and Azadirakhta indica give this cream a boost to fade those spots and black marks on the skin. The cream is herbal and is suitable for all types of skin and suits sensitive skin too. The cream is effective in lightening scars, pimple marks, burn scars and melasma and hyper-pigmentation.
Estee Lauder Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum:
This intensive serum reduces dark spots on skins and provides an even skin tone. It makes your skin look instantly fresh and hydrated. Regular use of this serum has proven to reduce uneven skin tone and dullness.
We understand that dark spots on face can be disappointing, but you can make a change today. We have put together natural remedies and Over The Counter creams that will help eliminate these dark spots. Kiss those spots on your face goodbye and say hello to flawless skin. Welcome Gorgeous!
See More: How To Get Flawless Skin Home Remedies