Our skin undergoes many changes with time, which finally begins to appear after a certain age. Early for some and late for others, but these changes are irreversible. It might sound unbelievable, but it is possible to maintain skin that looks like 25 at 35. Some of the best essential oils for skin tightening are effective and work like magic.
What Causes For Face Skin Loosening?
Over the years, many factors could be responsible for that extra pound of loose flesh hanging on your skin. Unless you have lost considerable weight, skin loosening is common with ageing, and sagging.
- When the body ages, genetic factors, changes in weight and sun damage could also play a role.
- Loss of collagen and elastin is another reason for skin loosening. Collagen and elastin are responsible for the firmness of the skin. The elastin fibres inside the skin contain proteins that help the skin get firmer from contracting into facial expressions and stretching, facilitating it to return to the original texture. When the body ages, collagen and elastin production decreases.
- Loss of volume and extrinsic ageing is the next cause of sagging. Smoking, sun damage, and other toxic exposure will lead to extrinsic ageing, a physical sign of ageing arising from sources outside your body.
- Ageing is the root cause of sagging; as the body ages, the epidermis, which is the outer layer, thins. The underlying layer of fat that gives your skin plumpness is also reduced. Also, the sebaceous glands produce less oil when the skin ages. Dryness is the next factor that will contribute to sagging.
Instead of getting surprised, the question should be, ‘How can this be done?’
The secret lies in the innumerable natural skin tightening oils for the face that has been bestowed on us by nature which is healthy and safe to use. These oils have a soothing effect on the skin and help repair damages. With a few changes in habits and regular attention to your skin, it is possible to tighten the skin and prevent it from shagginess, fine lines and wrinkles that appear with age.
So, instead of spending time, money and energy on useless anti-ageing treatments, regularly use these skin-tightening oils for your face and say goodbye to beauty treatments forever.
Best Natural and Essential Oils for Skin Tightening:
Here, let’s find the top 9 essential oils for skin tightening.
1. Almond Oil:
Almond oil is rich in vitamin E and has very high moisturising properties. It penetrates deep into the skin and tightens skin naturally.
How to Use:
- Take Almond Oil on your palm and massage gently on the body with upward circular movements till it gets soaked in the skin.
- Leave on for half an hour. Then clean with lukewarm water.
- You can do this every day initially, then on alternate days.
Almond oil body massage also softens the skin and brings an inner glow.
2. Mustard Oil:
Since the beginning of time, mustard oil has been used to keep the skin looking youthful. It is also popular for preventing sagging breasts for lactating mothers. This skin tightening oil for the face must be used regularly for the best results.
How to Use:
- Heat the oil in a small bowl and massage the body for half an hour.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes. Then wash with lukewarm water; end the shower with cold water.
- Use at least twice a week.
In winters, mustard oil helps keep the body warm and can be used daily.
3. Vitamin E Oil:
Vitamin E is the essence of good skin; the capsules available on the market help improve overall skin health and quality.
How to Use:
- Take two capsules, pierce and pour the oil into the palm.
- Massage gently on the neck and face in a circular motion for 5-7 minutes or till the oil is absorbed in the skin.
- Leave overnight.
Regularly applying Vitamin E oil keeps the skin young forever and prevents saggy skin. This is yet another skin tightening oil that you can try.
4. Castor Oil:
Castor Oil has Vitamin E and Omega 3 fatty acids, nourishing the skin and keeping fungal infections at bay.
How to Use:
- Mix two drops of lavender oil with 4 teaspoons of warm castor oil.
- Massage the skin and leave for an hour.
- Clean with mild soap and lukewarm water.
This can be done twice a week to maintain healthy, glowing, supple skin.
5. Coconut Oil:
Coconut Oil is the best anti-ageing oil which is full of Vitamin E. It is very light and penetrates through the skin, making it healthy from within.
How to Use:
- Massage the skin for five minutes daily before going to bed.
- Leaving it overnight helps its antioxidants repair the cause of the damage to the skin during the day.
- In the morning, clean with cool water.
If leaving overnight is not possible, try to keep the oil applied for at least 3-4 hours.
6. Rosemary Oil:
Rosemary is an excellent coolant and brings visible skin texture changes with regular use. These best essential oils for skin tightening contain the goodness of nutrients to be used regularly.
How to Use:
- Peel and grind a big cucumber to make a smooth paste.
- Mix half a teaspoon of Rosemary oil and mix well.
- Apply the mix for half an hour before rinsing with cool water.
Applying the mix twice a week is desirable to prevent the skin from loosening and keeping it healthy.
7. Avocado Oil:
Avocado Oil acts as a catalyst for collagen synthesis, increasing the skin’s firmness. The oil’s high Vitamin A, E, and B content improves skin quality.
How to Use:
- Massage 5-7 drops of Avocado Oil on the face and neck in an upward circular motion.
- Ensure the oil gets soaked in the skin.
- Rinse with cold water.
Doing this every day will make the skin supple and free from problems.
8. Primrose Oil:
A high gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) content helps prevent wrinkles and skin sagging and reduces fine lines.
How to Use:
- Before bedtime, massage 10 drops of the oil on the face and neck region in a gentle circular motion.
- Massage till the oil gets soaked in the skin.
- Leave overnight
Apply the oil daily to see the skin glow in no time. Its fresh smell will also relax your mind and body and help you sleep better.
9. Olive Oil:
Olive oil is very healthy for the skin and overall health and should be replacing any other oil or moisturiser on your dresser. It seals moisture and retains the original texture of the skin.
How to Use:
- Finish off the shower with cold water. Pat dry and apply a few drops of olive oil thoroughly to the entire body.
- Massage for 2-3 minutes.
- Dress up after the oil gets soaked in the body completely.
Replace any cream or moisturiser with olive oil to prevent ageing and keep the skin tight. Olive oil is light and absorbed easily, so do not worry about its stains on clothing.
10 Best Creams for Sagging Skin on the Face and Neck:
Besides essential oils, there are also a number of creams available that you can try. Take a look.
1. RoC Multi Correxion 5 in 1 Chest, Face & Cream:
This glycerin-rich cream moisturises the skin and targets discolouration and dullness while shielding the sun’s harmful UV rays with SPF 30. Since it contains SPF, you can use this even in the daytime.
- Take a little on your fingertips and apply them evenly on the face and neck.
- Leave them on for the day.
- After you get back from work, wash it off with cold water at the end of the day.
2. Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Fortifying Neck Emulsion:
This skin tightening cream contains a potent skin refresher that includes retinol, which will help lessen the appearance of fine lines and ferulic acid, which thwarts free radicals for healthier-looking skin. The product also contains lactic acid, a gentle exfoliator that supports skin cell turnover for an instant glow.
- Please take a little cream onto your fingertips and gently massage them onto your face and neck.
- Wash off in the night will cool water, and pat dry.
3. L’Oréal Paris Advanced RevitaLift Face & Neck Day Cream:
The best part about this skin tightening cream is that it serves to cure both your face and neck and is the ultimate two-in-one cream. This formula contains retinol for diminishing fine lines to put your best look and neck forward all at once.
- This face and neck cream should be applied evenly in massage in a circular motion.
- You can apply your make-up on top of this and step out.
- Wash off with cool water once you are back or about to retire to bed.
Continuous use is recommended for best results.
4. StriVectin Tightening Neck Serum Roller:
This is a serum for skin tightening. What you have to do is simple.
- Roll the cooling applicator over the neck, and that’s all!
You just gave your face and neck a dose of collagen-loving algae and a rich supply of other skin-tightening peptide blends, which tighten the neck area instantly and over time.
Read: Best Anti Wrinkle Creams
5. La Prairie Anti-Aging Neck Cream:
This super effective cream is filled with skin-firming peptides that will help to bring back your skin. Apply them overnight.
- Take a pea-sized amount of cream on your fingertips and dab them onto your face and neck.
- Make sure your face is clean and dry.
- Leave it on and off with cool water in the morning.
6. bareMinerals Ageless Genius Firming & Wrinkle Smoothing Neck Cream:
The product is infused with literal gold particles that act as an anti-inflammatory agent and can help effectively improve skin elasticity. It also contains the all-important peptides that aid in collagen growth.
- Dab some cream onto your face and neck evenly.
- Massage well and leave it on for the day.
- Wash off with cool water later in the day.
7. Fresh Black Tea Firming Corset Cream:
It will evenly tone the loose skin on your face and neck and curb the extra flesh. The tightening goji fruit extract and lifting peptides cream are highly concentrated, so a small amount of it will do, and the product will last a long time.
- Take very little on your fingertips.
- Massage them well onto your face and neck.
- Let it sit and dry. Wash off at the end of the day with clear water.
[See More: Best Avocado Oils For Skin]
8. Murad Rejuvenating Lift for Neck and Décollete:
This cream is filled with essential nutrients that will help skin tighten. It contains liquorice root to brighten dark spots, even tone, and restrict the growth of extra pounds on your skin.
- Dab a little amount of it on your face and neck.
- Wash off with cool water at the end of the day.
9. Skyn Iceland Hydrocool Neck Gels:
These neck pads are another effective skin tightening product. They peel off like a sticker and stay firmly.
Apply on your neck to let their potent plant botanicals and B vitamins penetrate the delicate skin on the neck. The pads are good coolants and will smoothen the skin.
- These neck and face pads contain sheets that must be pulled out and stuck onto the face and neck.
- Leave it overnight.
10. Rodial Chin & Neck Lift:
This is a U.K.-based brand that offers a gel-like formula for the neck and chin. It contains a peptide that acts like snake venom’s wrinkle-freezing effect. Give it a month so you can see some visible results. But the time is worth it.
- Apply the gel the day or night and massage evenly onto your face and neck.
- Later, wash off with cool water and pat dry.
Also Read: Best Facial Oils In India
Besides these measures and regular skincare, keeping your skin healthy from the inside with a proper diet is essential. Eat and sleep cycle has a wide impact on how our hair and skin look, so it is necessary to maintain that at the same time. With all that, apply natural oils instead of chemical-loaded beauty products sold on the market to maintain skin health.