11 weeks pregnant is the time you start preparing for a babymoon! This is one amazing way to celebrate your pregnancy and will also keep you energized for a very long time. Besides, you also need time to divert your attention from all the tension and stress you may currently be experiencing. Most often, your stress and fear will vanish when you get to know what is really happening inside your body. If that’s what you are looking for, here is a complete understanding of what happens to you and baby at this point.
11 Weeks Pregnant is How Many Months?
11 weeks pregnant is two months into pregnancy. To be exact, you are two months and two weeks pregnant. In just about some more weeks, the second trimester begins and that will be another entirely different experience.
Baby at 11 Weeks Pregnant:
Baby at 11 weeks pregnant is about the size of a lime. The fetus is about 1.6 inches in length and about 0.25 ounces. 11 weeks pregnant belly will be a little bigger and might slightly start to show. However, it is still hard to tell. If you are 11 weeks pregnant with twins, your bump may be easy to spot and is of a good size.
See More: 12th Week of Pregnancy
11 Weeks Pregnant Symptoms:
11 weeks pregnant progress might be a total mess. So many things happen to your body that you may just feel frustrated and irritated. However, the best way to cope up with this is to understand what generally happens to your body and why.
It is not yet time for nausea to leave. However, we can assure you that it is about some more weeks that nausea will leave you completely.
Another recurring problem is fatigue. You feel exhausted almost all the time. By the second trimester, this sure is going to come down.
C. Mood Swings:
The hormones act crazy and can signal a wide range of mood swings in you. Staying away from stressful situations and diverting your mind often is the only best way to work it out.
D. Leg Cramps:
If you fall low in magnesium and potassium, you may experience leg cramps in 11-week pregnancy. Check your diet and drink plenty of water to loosen the tight muscles around the thighs and legs.
E. Bloating and Burping:
The only way to control bloating and burping is to go back to your diet and see if you are gorging on fried foods and beans, instead of eating less of them.
F. Food Carving:
They just tend to get higher and higher every day. You may have a sudden urge to eat things that may be unhealthy too. Take fibrous food, they will keep you full for a very long time.
Frequent urination is common. As your uterus becomes big to hold the growing baby, it exerts pressure on your abdomen, thus making you want to pee very often.
Changes in Body at 11 Weeks:
Here are some body changes in this period.
1. Appetite Gear:
You will see your appetite gearing up a bit and you may want to eat a lot to nourish your baby with the right nutrients.
2. Morning Sickness:
You will notice how your intensity of morning sickness comes down with every passing day.
3. Growing Breasts:
Your breasts get bigger day by day. This is very natural. You will also experience that the breasts, especially the nipples get sensitive more than ever.
4. Baby Bump:
11 weeks pregnant bump will not be too much, however, it sure is slight progress from the last week. While it may be hard to tell, it nevertheless can be a sight.
Fetal and Physical Developments of The Baby at 11 Weeks Pregnancy:
Baby growth in the 11th week of pregnancy is also huge. Just like the mother and her body changes, the baby also changes to become a step closer to being an actual small human!
- Facial features of the baby slowly start developing. This means, the ears now slowly move towards the size of the face.
- Eyes are wide apart and the eyelids will be shut and are fused together with eyes.
- Teeth start developing from the little buds.
- The baby’s genitals also start developing. However, it may be too early to understand if it is a boy or a girl.
See More: 13 Weeks Pregnant Symptoms
11 Week Pregnancy Diet: What to Eat and What Not to Eat
Like we always say, diet is the most vital of all. Your diet and what you eat ensures the healthy growth of the baby. Hence, it is essential to exercise some caution here on what to eat and what not to eat.
- Include a lot of dairy products in your diet. This includes boiled and pasteurised milk, cheese and yoghurt in your everyday diet.
- Nuts and seeds are good sources of energy. Almonds and sesame seeds are especially useful. Munching on to some nuts will be helpful to feel energized.
- Green leafy vegetables are rich sources of nutrients. Include spinach a lot in your diet and salad bowl.
- Calcium-fortified breakfast is the best way to start your day. Cereals and white bread is an excellent calcium source.
What You Should Not Eat:
- Step away from alcohol and tobacco. Both have a negative effect on the baby and the growth of the baby.
- Limit your intake of caffeine. One cup of coffee every day is no harm.
- Do not gorge on to greasy and oily food. They can increase the risk of bloating and heartburn.
Exercises to do at 11 Weeks Pregnant:
Exercises are an absolute must in this period.
1. Brisk Walking:
If you cannot or do not want to do any hard work, brisk walking every day for 15 minutes will suffice. Make sure you do this so that you remain active.
Talk to an expert to understand the kind of swimming stroke you can try. This will strengthen your core and keep you going healthy for a long time.
Another excellent and useful exercise to try is Kegel. They keep your bladder, uterus and the bowel muscles strong and supported. When you strengthen these muscles, you will be able to relax and control the muscles of labor and birth.
Squats help you strengthen the thigh muscles and this will help in your labour as well.
Pains and Health Issues in 11 Weeks Pregnant:
There are a couple of pains that you may face.
1. Vaginal Discharge:
you will notice your body secreting clear vaginal discharge in this period. It is odourless and most often colourless or white in colour. This is one health issue to face this week.
2. Breast Growth:
You may sometimes experience pain in your breast. This is because of the growing breast and of the milk glands that are growing in preparation for breastfeeding.
Painful cramps in your abdomen might now be recurring. This is because the muscles are now expanding to accommodate the growing baby. 11 week pregnant cramping is normal. However, if it gets too much to bear, you may want to talk to your doctor.
11 Weeks Pregnant Ultrasound:
You will now be able to see your baby move inside the fluid in your belly. The baby now has a skin that is opaque. This will slowly go away. As a part of 11 weeks pregnant baby development, you will see that the baby’s toes and fingers are not webbed. Nail beds and hair follicles start to develop and take shape. This ultrasound in this week is called Nuchal Translucency Screening and this comes with a blood test.
What to Do And What Not to Do at 11 Weeks of Pregnancy:
Some things are a strict no in this period.
- Avoid any aerobic stressful exercise.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol.
- Do not indulge too much in food at a time. Take smaller meals at frequent intervals.
What Should You do?
- Engage in the exercise of any sort. Make sure you so not feel stressed. This is necessary to feel energized and will keep you going.
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is extremely important.
- Take a lot of fruits, green vegetables and fibre rich food. This food will help ease your bowel movement as well.
Precautions and Care at 11 Weeks of Pregnancy:
- Include about 80mg of calcium every day.
- Include citrus fruits, oranges, strawberries in your everyday diet.
- Tomatoes and broccoli will push your diet to be high in vitamin C and this is important in your pregnancy care. Vitamin C is essential for the healthy growth of the baby’s bones.
See More: 14 Weeks Pregnant Developments
Necessary Checklist in The Eleventh Week of Pregnancy:
- Start reading pregnancy guides and talk to other mothers to understand better. Remember that everyone has a different experience and you should not freak out.
- Start planning for a baby shower.
- Plan on a babymoon.
As a part of 11 weeks pregnancy care, remember to stay healthy and be very active throughout the day. Do smaller things and divert your attention to productivity. This way, you will see yourself more energetic and mentally happy too. Mental peace and health are equally as important as your physical health. Let that be your motto this week.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers:
Q1. Can You Show 11 Weeks Pregnant?
Ans: If you are 11 weeks pregnant with twins, then chances are, the bump is visible. Otherwise, it might be hard to tell although baby growth happens naturally and progresses every day. For the bump to show, it is not the time yet.
Q2. Sex During 11 Weeks Pregnancy Safe or Not?
Ans: Absolutely safe! You just have to ensure what pose works for you. Do not exert too much pressure on the abdomen. You may want to talk to your partner and understand what works for both of you. Sex can make you feel relaxed and relieved.
Q3. What Are The Chances of Miscarriage at 11 Weeks Pregnancy?
Ans: The chances are very less for a miscarriage. If you are planning on a trip, just ensure that you take all the medicines and follow your diet on time.
Q4. Are Cramps at 11 Weeks Pregnant Normal?
Ans: Cramps are absolutely in this period. Cramps happen when the uterus expands thus exerting pressure on the muscles of the abdomen. If the cramps get too much to handle, you need to consult a doctor.
Q5. When Should You Consult a Doctor in Eleven Weeks Pregnancy?
Ans: Visit your doctor if you experience any discomfort. This can be anything like having very bad cramps or blood spots. Apart from this, schedule your regular consultation with the doctor to understand your baby’s progress.
Q6. Is Travelling Safe in The Eleventh Week of Pregnancy?
Ans: Yes, travelling is safe in this period. You only need to be cautious of where you are travelling. You may want to avoid jerky roads.