Himachal Pradesh is a north Indian state, along with Punjab, Haryana, and Kashmir. It is very rich in natural beauty and it is growing fast economically. It happens to be one of India’s favourite tourist’s spots because of the beautiful scenery, the cold weather and also the majestic Himalayas which the couples can visit. If you are someone who loves to start your married life in the snow, then Himachal is the best place to visit. Not just couples of India, but foreign couples also visit Himachal to spend their honeymoon. The hill stations of Himachal Pradesh bags the top on the list of best honeymoon spots in India. Here shows the 9 Best Honeymoon Places in Himachal Pradesh with Pictures that are worth visiting for the honeymoon.
Romantic Honeymoon Places in Himachal Pradesh:
1. Jakhu Hills:
Jakhu Hills are the highest peaks of Shimla and offer a very scenic view of the town and the mountains. Hanuman Temple in Jakhu is very popular. According to mythology, Hanumanji had taken rest in this place while he was carrying a hill full of Sanjivani Booti, to cure Lakshmana, who was wounded in the war.
- Romantic Things to Do: to get blessings for a long lasting relationship, you both can visit Jakhu temple.
- How to Reach: The nearest airport is Shimla airport. By bus, get down at Jubarhatti bus stand which is 17.2 km away.
- Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit Shimla starts from April and ends till mid-September. But if you are a diehard lover of snow, then visit Jakhu hills in December.
- Where to Stay: Clarkes hotel is one of the top hotels to stay in Jakhu hills.
- Other attractions: Lakkar Bazaar, Christ Church, Scandal Point, Kalka – Shimla railway
[Read: Top Places in Manali for Honeymoon Couples]
Chail was the Summer Capital of the former Patiala State. It is a small town located in the middle of thick woods and apt for long walks, hand in hand for the couples. The city is not very crowded which gives some alone time to them as well. There are many species of birds and animals here, and the Scottish red Deer is most famous.
- Romantic Things to Do: If you are an animal lover, you can take your spouse to Cail wildlife sanctuary and enjoy the colourful birds and animals there.
- How to Reach: If coming by rail, the nearest railway station is Kalka – 77km away. You can also take a bus or taxi from Kalka to reach Chail. The nearest airport is Shimla Airport, which is 63 km away from Chail.
- Best Time to Visit: Summer is the best time to visit Chail which starts in March and ends in May.
- Where to Stay: There are many cottage resorts in Chail, like Tree house Chail Villas, Maple resort, Rashi resorts, Tarika’s jungle resort and Chail Palace.
- Other Attractions: Himalayan nature park, Kali Tibba temple
Dalhousie is a quiet hills station in Himachal Pradesh and is located on the western edge of the snow-capped Dhauladhar mountain range. It has been built on five interconnected hills. There are some thick forests with trees of pine, oak, deodar and rhododendrons. There is a river flowing by the valley, and all of these make it a complete package amidst nature, for a perfect honeymoon.
- Romantic Things to Do: Dalhousie is known for romantic dining spots as most of the restaurants offer exclusive dining spots for the honeymoon couple and Café Dalhousie is one of them!
- How to Reach: You can reach the place by air and the nearest Gaggal airport is 107 km away. By train, you can go up to Pathankot station which is 80 odd kms away. From nearby places like Delhi, Shimla, Chandigarh, you can take a bus and travel by road.
- Best Time to Visit: Dalhousie is a year-long place for a honeymoon. In Summer from March to May, the temperature does not rise beyond 30 degrees making it enjoyable weather. In Monsoon from June to September the greenery blossoms and flowers bloom making it a happier place. In Winter from October to February, with snow-covered peaks and charming environment, the place is just so amazing!
- Where to Stay: For those who prefer hotels in a budget, Hotel Pearl is the best and for those who can afford a luxury space, Dalhousie heights are just the right one!
- Other Attractions: Mostly the nearby places have a lot of tea plantations and probably small valleys for a happy ride!
[Read: Honeymoon in Shimla: A Guide To A Romantic Escape]
Kasauli is a quiet little place near the Shivaliks near Shimla. Just a few years back it wasn’t much of a tourist place as couples and other tourists preferred Shimla over it, but presently it has become a favourite spot and best weekend getaways. Kausali has unspoiled nature, refreshing climate and many places to walk through the forests.
- Romantic Things to Do: There is one Panchpula waterfall, a romantic spot for honeymoon couples.
- How to Reach: the nearest mode of transport is railways. The nearest railway station to Dalhousie is Pathankot. From there, you can hire a taxi or cab to reach Dalhousie.
- Best Time to Visit: Winter and monsoon are the best time to visit Dalhousie which means, you can visit Dalhousie from June to February.
- Where to Stay: One of the relaxing resorts for honeymoon couples to stay is Eco resort stay, where the charges are comparatively minimal.
- Other Attractions: Kalatop Khajjiar sanctuary, Panchpula and St. John’s church.
Manali is a beautiful hill situated in the Himalayas. The Rotang Pass is one attractive place for honeymooners, and the beauty of the mountains covered with snow makes them very emotional. Paragliding, skiing is good sports that couples can opt for. The Solang Valley is famous for its view, Jagatsukh Temple, Hadimba Temple, Tibet Monasteries are a few places to visit.
- Romantic Things to Do: Anything that you do in Manali becomes romantic due to its exotic weather conditions and environmental beauty.
- How to Reach: The nearest airport is Bhuntar, which is located 50 km away from Manali. There are private as well as state-run buses from Leh, Shimla, Kulu to Manali.
- Best Time to Visit: October to February is the best time to visit Manali as the temperature will be pretty much chilled.
- Where to Stay: There are many homestays, hotels and resorts welcoming tourists and couples. One such popular one is the Himalayan Stay Hotels & Cottages.
- Other Attractions: Hidimba Devi temple, Manali sanctuary, Manu temple, Van Vihar, Jogini falls
[Read: Best Honeymoon Places to Visit in Uttar Pradesh]
Kullu valleys are known to be the Gods in India. The town is most preferred to be a summer destination. The temples, the apple orchards, attract the couples. One must gift the other the local handicrafts found in the shops in Kullu. The view by the Beas River and the mountain ranges are must visit.
- Romantic Things to Do: The Rohtang pass is one of the highlighted spots in Kullu valleys. If your partner is a travel freak, he/she will enjoy this spot.
- How to Reach: Railways is the easiest and nearest mode of transport. Get down at Jogindernagar, the nearest railway station with 125 km away from Kullu.
- Best Time to Visit: March to June is the ideal time to visit Kullu.
- Where to Stay: Hotel Kulu valley and Naggar castle & hotel are one of the preferred spots to stay.
- Other Attractions: Bhrigu lake, Great Himalayan national park, Hidimba Devi temple.
Shimla has a pleasant climate, a very wished for honeymoon place in Himachal Pradesh. The location, the accessibility, the reasonable accommodation are all reasons why Shimla is so demanded. Young couples like an indoor skating rink in Lakkar Bazaar. Shimla has Prospect Hill, Chadwick Fall, Jakhoo Hill for sightseeing, and the Himalayan Range.
- Romantic Things to Do: A romantic walk with your partner at Chadwick falls.
- How to Reach: The Nearest airport is Jubbarhatti airport – 23 km from Shimla. The Nearest station is Kalka. By road, there are many private and state-run buses from different parts of Himachal Pradesh connecting to Shimla.
- Best Time to Visit: March to June is the perfect time to go to Shimla.
- Where to Stay: Try for a fantastic stay experience at Annandale
- Other Attractions: Kalka – Shimla railway, Jakhoo Hill, Daranghati Sanctuary and Kufri adventure.
[Read: Top Places to Visit in Kashmir for Honeymoon]
Rampur was once the capital of Princely State of Bushar, and it is small down by the river Satluj. The couples can visit the Padam Palace, Raghunath Mandir, Ayodhya Temple, Dumgir Buddhist Temple and Narsign Temple. The Himachal Pradesh tourism has a well-maintained air-conditioned café where the couples can enjoy some warm coffee.
- Romantic Things to Do: A trip to Jakhoo hills will be one of the very romantic trips you can make at Rampur with your couple.
- How to Reach: By train, the nearest railway station is Rampur.
- Best Time to Visit: April to June would be an ideal time to visit Rampur as the temperature would be moderate at this time.
- Where to Stay: There are many hotels and resorts that provide homestays for couples coming to Rampur.
- Other Attractions: Rampur fort, Jama Masjid, Kosi river
The ultimate attraction of the Shivalik Range is Chamba. It is famous for Shiva temples which have been there in the initial centuries. The architectural sights of the temples make the couples awestruck. It is a historical place in the Himachal, the River Ravi passes by and the valley between the mountains are a good place for couples to rest and enjoy the beauty. Himachal Pradesh is rich in natural beauty and here the atmosphere is very cool so it is one of the favourite places for honeymoon couples.
- Romantic Things to Do: A boating at Chamba lake is a preferred thing to do for honeymoon couples visiting Chamba.
- How to Reach: To reach, Chamba, come by rail and get down at Pathankot station, which is 120 km from Chamba. From Pathankot, you can take a car or bus to reach Chamba.
- Best Time to Visit: From Mid-April to June end, you can visit Chamba as the temperature will be pleasant and suitable for sightseeing.
- Where to Stay: Many hotels and homestays are available in Chamba town.
- Other Attractions: Bhuri Singh museum, Akhand Chandi Palace, Chamapavati temple.
[Read: Top Honeymoon Places Near Delhi for a Romantic Trip]
The first thing that comes to your mind when you think about honeymoon destinations in Himachal Pradesh or Manali. Manali and Shimla are known for being India’s best honeymoon spots. No matter which places in Himachal Pradesh you have come to, you will naturally feel romantic and fall in love with both your partner and location as well. The exotic climate and scenic beauty attract you to the world of love and happiness.