A perfect honeymoon could take place in any part of the world where the location is beautiful, the weather is balmy, and the bond between the couple is strong and intimate. However, a good spot will obviously make your honeymoon a much more wonderful experience and make it something that will be worth remembering for the rest of your life. Here in India, the locations are exotic, natural and absolutely gorgeous. If you are looking for the best places to honeymoon in India in December, we have enlisted some suggestions for you here. Read through!
Best Romantic Honeymoon Destinations in India in December:
1. Lakshadweep Islands:
The picturesque Lakshadweep Islands is a popular tourist destination. It is also one of the best places to visit in December for honeymoon and romantic getaways in India. The cold sandy beaches, rich culture, the flora and fauna and the calm waves of the sea are sure to transport you to an entirely different world. Located off the coast of Kerala, these ‘hundred thousand islands’ are a great getaway for two people in love. With sun-kissed beaches and coastal lagoons, the place is unparalleled in beauty.
- There is enough to keep one going for a week-long trip to the islands. Some of the places to visit are Bangaram, Kalpeni, and Kavaratti. The winter months, September to February, will offer pleasant weather for the stay.
- Water sports activities such as scuba diving and snorkelling can be performed at Kadmad, Kavaratti and some of the islands in the cluster.
- Bangaram Island Resort is one of the few good accommodations available on the island other than local guest houses or a few private run resorts.
- A thing to note is that one needs government permission to visit Lakshadweep.
- Air India operates flights to Agatti from Kochi, and by sea, there are various passenger ships operating between Kochi and the islands.
2. Andaman and Nicobar Islands:
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands of India offer the world’s most beautiful and stunning beaches. With just the start of winter during December, the place is just right for a honeymoon. The cold blue sparkling water, gentle waves, scenic beauty and cuisine are sure to set in the perfect romantic mood. With lush forests and exotic wildlife, this is a perfect place for a nature-loving couple. Rightly called Heaven on Earth, its pristine beauty is mostly untouched by humans. This mystic island is one of the best places India if you are planning your honeymoon in December. If not, add it to your bucket list anyways- you are sure to have a great time with your spouse.
- Couples on honeymoon can enjoy the annual tourist festival in December and January.
- Underwater marine life is astoundingly beautiful, and if this is the place you go to, snorkelling is a must to fill your senses with the beauty of underwater lives and the coral reefs. Bioluminescence is a treat to the eyes and the soul.
- Travelling to Andaman and Nicobar from the mainland of India or abroad is fairly easy by air. Ferries operate once or twice every week. Indian cities such as Kolkata, Bengaluru or Chennai are the only places through which the island is accessible.
- Yet again, local joints host the most mouthwatering seafood delicacies. The food is quite on the expensive end; however, with local guides, we can just about locate the best to our taste and wallet.
- A gathering of 572 brilliant and lush islands, the place is an exotic host with luxurious hotels and resorts to choose from. For an uninterrupted and calm stay, Sea Princess Beach Resort in Wandoor would be a great choice; the high-end Silver Sand Beach Resort or the local stay options are great to enjoy and dwell in the moments.
- Medical shops and hospitals are available in bigger cities like Port Blair. However, it’s advisable to carry any prescribed medicines, and specific brands might not be available.
Coorg, also known as the Scotland of India, is rich in its natural surroundings, scenic beauty and pleasant weather. Counted amongst the top honeymoon destinations in India in December, it has great tourist attractions with its great mountains, waterfalls, beautifully adorned Tibetan monastery and coffee plantations. The serene aura makes it the right place for couples who are looking for a time of relaxation and enjoyment.
- Coorg offers a lot of economical options for a couple to enjoy the most of their time. They can indulge themselves in adventure sports such as trekking, river rafting, bird watching, or may follow more sublime activities like sightseeing at the coffee plantations, Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary or Dubare Elephant Camp. The couples can even camp under the open sky if they want to strike dreams from the bucket list!
- Coorg is accessible by road; however, couples travelling from far of places should reach the city of Bangalore by bus or air, prior to a road trip to Coorg. You can also reach Coorg by train, in which Mysore would be your closest railway station, and the rest of the journey ought to be done by road.
- Restaurants and lodges of all ranges are available for a comfortable stay.
- While in Coorg couples can enjoy the rich local cuisine which includes the Pandhi curry, bamboo shoot curry, which is among the favourites of the local people.
- Medicines and hospital facilities are available in Coorg in case of emergency.
Tropical beaches, majestic elephants, backwater lakes, incredible customs and traditions- Kerala is one of the must-visit honeymoon places in India in December. With the temperature just right at 30ºC to 23ºC, the time is ideal for planning a post-wedding holiday. The beaches here are calm, soothing and very relaxing. It is a great place for newlyweds who are looking for an opportunity to know one another.
With 14 districts offering unique wonders to behold, the place is hard to unravel in a week’s time. December welcomes special attractions such as theyyam during the ‘Pattulsavam’ festival and the Annual Kambala bull race at Bekal, Guruvayur Ekadasi in Thrissur, beach carnival at Kovalam, ‘Karthigai’- the festival of lights and year-end carnival at Kochi.
- For a honeymoon in Kerala, the newlyweds may have to choose the nature of the trip. If to be part of festivities head to Thrissur or Bekal in December; for shopping and carnivals Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram is a go-to; if the vacation desires, the shimmering backwaters head to Allepey.
- Kerala is easily accessible by air, water and land. It is well connected through the vast network of the railway and highways. There are 4 international airports for visitors taking a flight.
- Restaurants, hotels, lodges and government rest houses are widely available throughout the state of Kerala.
- A wide variety of seafood and local cuisine is available to experience. The dishes made of coconut are a speciality of the Kerala state, and the cuisine is generally spicy.
- Medicines and hospital facilities are widely available and easily accessible.
Goa is known as one of the finest and romantic beaches of India. The beauty of this place is something you wouldn’t want to miss out on. This is a great location to visit in the months of December as they organize the best Christmas and trance parties you shall ever see. Spending time with your loved one here is surely worth experiencing. North Goa has more abodes to fill your hearts with its breathtaking beauty.
The beaches, Basilica of Bom Jesus, Temple of Bodgeshwar and famous marketplaces keep us to the place whereas South Goa has the beautiful Dudhsagar Waterfalls and the alluring monuments from the times of the Portuguese. Interestingly, Goa celebrates spring during December while the rest of the country is in winter!
- The butterfly beach and all the other multitude of beaches offer some cosy and private moments for couples. One can opt for a romantic boat ride at the spot and watch the sunset together.
- The period between October and February is springtime in Goa, thus making December a favourite pick for a picturesque outing on a honeymoon date.
- Dabolim Airport is approximately 26 km away from Panaji, the capital of Goa. NH4 and NH17 offer a memorable ride if the travel is by car. There are well-linked railway stations- Vasco da Gama and Madgaon.
- A 4 /5-day trip would be ideal to visit one of the most beautiful beach destinations in the world.
- Lay back and relax at a place where the east meets the west. The cuisine is more so in the same manner- exquisite yet diverse. Don’t forget to try BEBINCA, Goa’s favourite sweet and coastal delicacies!
6. Daman and Diu:
Daman and Diu, the two small cities of the union territory are quite famous for their romantic locations and spots, making it a popular place for honeymoon couples in India in December. The soothing sand and the swaying coconut trees of these beaches are sure to mesmerise you and your partner. Added to these are the historical heritages of the place spanning for around 2000 years. The serene and calm ambience and the ancient monuments make this place the perfect destination for young couples to have an invigorating experience close to nature.
More than 600km separates both the cities by road, and it is better to choose one destination if the stay is short. The weather here is always mild and moderate; however, December would be the best time of the year to witness the breathtaking amalgam of the sun, sand and the sea.
- The Nagao Beach and many others are safe, or swimming and visitors can indulge in water sport activities. One of the few black sand beaches, Jampore beach, is also located in Diu. Colonial forts and renowned churches offer equally fascinating experiences.
- The rich culture and festivities of Daman and Diu are mostly at their peak during the month of December, and it’s a great choice if the couple prefers bustling nightlife.
- The sides of the union territory are enclosed by the Arabian Sea and the Indian states of Gujarat, and Maharashtra. If one is to travel by air, Mumbai is the nearest domestic and international airport to Daman and Diu and is located at a distance of 193 Kms. Vapi railway station is the nearest located railway station to Daman and Delwada railway station to Diu. NH8 connects the road network of the place.
- Bus services are available for forest attractions and even cheap bike rentals for a quick tour around the city. A remarkably clean place with pristine beaches Diu has slightly more to offer for sightseeing than Daman.
- Alcohol is legal in both places and resorts include pubs, discos etc.
- Food choice is similar to the cuisine in Goa, and both are largely coastal places.
Jodhpur, located near the Thar Desert, is a place of famous monuments and forts. The very name conjures up images of magnificent fortresses, exquisitely crafted havelies and exuberantly adorned elephants. What’s more adequate than to indulge in opulence and artistry at the start of a new life! The vibrant bazaars at Jodhpur will give one a regal touch to shopping. Jodhpur is right called Sun City. You can catch the streams of the first rays of sun pouring through your window on the mornings of your honeymoon stay. This place is remarkable and is surely one of the most exquisite cities where you can visit with your lover.
- One of the largest Indian forts, Mehrangarh stands 400 feet above the city and is a must-see during the visit.
- Mandore Gardens houses a government museum, a ‘Hall of Heroes’ and all its glory of the by gone era bring in a mystic excitement to a memorable trip.
- Hold the hands of your loved one and gaze at the mesmerising view of Jodhpur from the Masuria Hills Garden. The numerous monuments, forts and lakes will leave one in awe.
- Jodhpur is home to Umaid Bhawan Palace- one of the largest private residences in the world, Jaswant Thada- a remarkable marble architecture, and the Kailana Lake. A stay of 2 or 3 days would be ideal for honeymoon travel.
- Regular domestic flights are available at Jodhpur Airport, and other transportation networks such as rail and road are equally convenient and prevalent.
- The popular items of Jodhpur are Antiques, Bandhini, Mathaniya’s Red Chillies and Footwear.
- Stay at Jodhpur is easy to find and falls into the price range of a generic tourist spot in India.
- The food items here mostly have extended shelf lives and are influenced by the bellicose lifestyle of the natives.
Agra is a historical city located in Old Delhi. It is known for the famous Taj Mahal which was constructed under the orders of the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan for his wife Mumtaz, and this makes it one of the best winter honeymoon destinations in India and worldwide. This place is a gorgeous attraction and is visited by many romantic and newlywed couples who would be interested in exploring the beauty and culture of this city.
- The architectural epitome of love, the Taj Mahal, will offer a filmy tribute to your love.
- Spending time together in unravelling the intricacies of the world-famous monument will make one fall in love all over again.
- 400 tourists are allowed to witness the beauty of the architecture during full moon days in a month.
- Other splendid monuments such as UNESCO World Heritage sites, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri are a must-visit too.
- Since the weather at Agra is on the higher side, December is a perfect time for sightseeing.
- The Mughals have left indelible imprints on the cuisine of the place. Meat, spices and rich curries are greatly famous in this city.
Khandala located in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra is a beautiful hill station that is full of scenic attractions, locations and tourist attractions. The weather of this place is absolutely amazing, and it is a really wonderful place to go for honeymoon in December in India. Blessed abundantly with nature’s beauty, one will never want to return from a trip to this hill station. The cool wind, valleys, gently sloping hills and waterfalls are all too perfect for a place to be when you are in love.
- Enjoy visiting all major sightseeing of Khandala such as Bushi Dam, Lonavala Lake, Amrutanjan Point, Lohagad Fort, Rajmachi Point.
- The Kune Waterfalls is an ideal picnic spot. Tiger’s Leap offers a wondrous view from 650m of the lakes, waterfalls and valleys. The echo point is a major fascination for couples.
- For the adventurous spirits, there are provisions for trekking, rafting, etc., as well.
- The cuisine of Khandala offers generic south Indian food. Fast food joints are also an option to choose from.
- The place is very welcoming and calm and cosy. Therefore, the extent of the stay is the visitors’ discretion.
- Ekvira Devi Festival is one to look out for.
For a memorable yet pocket-friendly honeymoon, now you know which places to choose from. Be it Khandala or Kerala; we gave you an overview of what the place is like and how you can make your stay just as you want it to be! If you found this article helpful, let us know your thoughts by writing in the comment box below.