A honeymoon is a unique way in which you can spice up your love life with your spouse. Thinking of gorgeous places you can visit, India should be the first place to come to your mind. In case you are getting married in summer and are looking for some great suggestions, then you have arrived at the right place. Here are some tips for those young married couples hoping to have a great romantic holiday destination in June.
9 Beautiful Honeymoon Places in India in June 2021:
Ooty is one of the best hill stations located in India. This place is vibrant, gorgeous and will take your honeymoon to an exciting new level. You can go for long romantic walks in the forest here and also visit the fantastic Doddabetta Park and the Ketti Valley.
- Reaching Ooty from any part of the country is quite easy. If by air then Coimbatore would be your closest airport, if by rail then you need to reach Mettupalayam from where you can take the train to Udhaga mandalam. By far travelling by car would be the most pleasing as the roads are great and you are in for some great scenery.
- Trekking up to Doddabetta Peak, walk around the Botanical Gardens, ride in the Nilgiri Mountain Toy Train or camping at the Avalanche Lake are some of the activities that couples can indulge in.
- Ooty is one of the most visited tourist destinations in south India, which also makes it a place where resorts, hotels and homestays are easy to find, however, pre-booking will ensure you that no hassle is felt during the visit. Foods that you need to try include the different types of south Indian dosa, chicken Chettinad, and the local chocolates.
- Taking your car will pay off the one you get there as moving around Ooty will be more comfortable. You can also receive local taxi services, or use a tour service.
- A four-day visit would be enough for you and your loved one to enjoy the serenity of Ooty and to create that initial bond and love.
The Munnar hills of Anamalai region of Kerala has beautiful and romantic lush green hills that will create that perfect holiday you desire for your honeymoon. The weather here is pleasant and is the best location to visit during the summer months, especially June.
- Munnar situated in Kerala is easily accessible through air, rail or road, however, no matter which means you chose there is bound to be some road travelling you need to do to reach Munnar. The closest airport is the Kochi international airport, the nearest major railway station is Aluva, which means you need to reach these places prior to continuing your travel to Munnar. Government buses and tour operators frequent to Munnar most days of the week.
- Visiting the Tea estates, Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary, Thoovanam falls, Echo point and elephant arrival point are some great places and activities for newlyweds.
- Munnar is a part of Kerala, which doesn’t make it any different from other parts of the state when it comes to food. Most of the foods that are available throughout the state are available in Munnar. However, for first-time goers nadankozhi curry, puttu and kadala curry, appam and stew are some of the must try.
- There are a lot of guest houses, from both private and the government, which can be accessed at reasonable rates. Hotels are also available.
- Couples can take three to four days to be in this place and enjoy.
The picturesque and green hills of Kasauli are a great place to visit during the month of June. This place is ideal for a honeymoon as the weather here is calm and pleasant. The natural beauty of this place is absolutely stunning and beautiful. Coming to this place for a romantic holiday is totally worth it.
- You can reach to closer cities to Kasauli through the rail or by air and would have to rent a taxi or local vehicle and drive yourself. The best way to reach this place would be through road. Having a vehicle of your own would be helpful in reaching Kasauli too.
- Trekking options at Gilbert Trail, Manki point, taking the toy train area few things one must indulge in with their partner once in Kasauli.
- Rest houses, homestays, lodges, private and government guest houses are available for tourists to spend the nights. Most Indian foods are available at this place as this is one of the most visited tourist places in India.
- Local taxis and tour operators are available for couples that want to get around Kasauli; however, renting a car would be the ideal way to travel in Kasauli.
- Newlyweds can take up to three days to be in Kasauli and cover most places around it.
Come to Nainital for a honeymoon and you will surely make great memories. The landscapes here are picturesque and the lakes add to the charm and beauty of this exotic location. The place is calm and very natural. It will surely let you enjoy, relax and even go boating with your loved one.
- Nainital has no direct connectivity other than by road. If you want to travel by air then New Delhi would be your nearest airport. By railroad, the Kathgodham Railway Station would be the nearest station. You will get connecting trains, from the above-mentioned hubs to Nainital. Travelling by road would be a good option if you have a few days extra to spare.
- St. Johns church, Dodital, Chauthi Jaali and Nainital zoo, Naini Devi Temple, and Naukuchiya Taal are some of the main attractions of the place. You could rent a boat on the Naini Lake, or visit the Mall Road if you are a shopaholic.
- Hotels at Mall Road are costly. However, you could find some towards the outskirts of Mall Road which are reasonable. There are also a few lodges to choose from. Band Samosa, Himachali Pulao, and Wines are some of the most popular local food.
- Four days is an ideal time for newlyweds to reach Nainital, and enjoy the places in and around, and to go on a shopping spree.
Mussoorie has been recognised as India’s most popular hill station. There is a lot to experience apart from romance. The ambience is gorgeous and the views are sure to make you star struck. This is the wonderful honeymoon places in India in June.
- Travelling to Mussoorie has multiple options. The nearest airport and railway station is at Dehradun. Bus routes and roads are well connected to Mussoorie, which makes reaching the place quite easily.
- There are a lot of hill stations, but what makes Mussoorie unique is the options it provides for adventure and entertainment like cable cars and Sky bridge, Hiking& Camping, Sky walk, Mountaineering.
- There are a lot of hotels, resorts, and lodges where you could retreat to after your day fun. There are a lot of budget hotels to choose from too.
- Most of the food made around the country is available in Mussoorie. A four-day tour around Mussoorie would be enough to enjoy the place.
Ranikhet is located in the heavenly region of Himalayas and is full romantic snow peaks, great wildlife, and exotic plants. The invigorating breeze of the mountains, beautiful singing of the birds, ripened fruits and sweet sunlight will create a very gentle and intimate mood which will allow you to enjoy the beauty of the landscapes with your loved one.
- Probably one of the few places in India that doesn’t have a railway station, and the nearest airport is at Dehradun, which means the final leg of the travel should be done by road. There are bus routes and tour guided buses to Ranikhet most times of the week.
- Naukuchiatal, Katarmal Sun Temple, play a game at the Upat Golf Course, visit the Bhalu Dam, are a few of the activities that couples could enjoy doing together.
- Hotels and lodges are available for pre booking. Some hotels and lodges might be situated around a beautiful background which would definitely add to the experience of visiting the place.
- There are not many eateries around the place, and most hotels do come with their own restaurant, which could be something to keep in mind before deciding to go to Ranikhet.
- Three days would suffice to see this beautiful place.
Pahalgam, located in Kashmir is the right place to go and enjoy yourself with your loved one. The hotels here are affordable, although there are quite a number of luxurious hotels if you would like to live there. You can also indulge in some cool adventurous sports such as trekking and river rafting. This place is quite famous among the couples and has emerged as on most gorgeous spots in the country for honeymoons.
- Like most of the high range mentioned in this list Pahalgram too doesn’t have,e any airports or direct rail services, To reach via airways one must reach Srinagar airport and then take a taxi or rent a car, or use the public bus for the rest of the journey. Private tours are also organised to reach Pahalgam.
- Outdoor activities are the kinds of stuff that attract people to this place. Trout fishing at Lidder River, Lidder Valley camping, Betaab Valley are some of the places you have to see being in Pahalgam.
- Dum Aloo, Rogan Josh, Yakhni are some of the local cuisines that you must try once you are in Pahalgam.
- lodges and hotels are available to spend the night, and some of them are situated near to the river, and valleys, which would be soothing to the soul.
- You would need a vehicle to get around Pahalgam. You could also avail the public transport system.
8. Mangalore Beaches:
Get lost in the beauty of the Mangalore beaches this summer with your partner and experience the romance you have been hoping for. The long stretches of sand, sparkling blue sands and the cool winds will soothe your senses and make you feel fresh and alive. Visiting this great place in the month of June is going to make some of the most wonderful memories of your life.
- The city of Mangalore is well connected with roads, railway stations, and has an airport, and hence reaching the beaches is very easy. you can hire a cab or a two-wheeler.
- Couples can surf in the beach, visit places near to the beaches like Mangala Devi temple, NIKT Lighthouse, City enter Mall, and Milagres church. You could also visit the city of Mangalore to imbibe the city life of the place.
- Chicken Sukka, Mangalore Buns, Neer Dosa and Kadubu are some of the local cuisines that you need to try once you are here.
- Staying in Mangalore is easy as they have a lot of hotels, resorts, and government rest houses that you can rent out.
- Three days is enough to visit this destination and enjoy the beach and the life revolving around it.
9. Kochi Beaches:
The beaches of Kochi are splendid and attractive. The islands here are great places for swimming and the coconut trees flanked on the banks look gorgeous. The seafood here is explicit and the accommodation here is also good. Coming to this place in the month of June is totally worth it as the weather is always balmy and pleasant.
- Kochi is a well-developed area and has its own airport and is well connected with quality roads, and hence reaching Kochi is not a problem. Upon reaching Kochi you can rent a bike, or a car, or even use uber.
- A dip into the Arabian sea followed by a walk in the Dutch colony will certainly give you a glimpse into the colonial era of India. A shopping spree at princess street to collect some merchandises for remembrance of a great holiday followed by a having food at any of the restaurants in the Dutch colony would be ideal.
- The thing with Kochi is that you get every kind of food you desire, be it Indian or Intercontinental. And depending on the place you eat the rates vary too. No matter where you decide to have it from, its certainly going to satisfy you.
- A three-day visit would enable you to visit the Kochi beach and other important places around the beach to round up a great honeymoon for newlyweds.
Be it any month in the calendar India has places to visit for honeymoon any time of the year and it is sure the place won’t let you down. Be it an intimate honeymoon spent at the resort and beaches, royal romance at the city that holds the monument of love or the serene and calm getaway at the hill stations, every kind of choice can be made for a honeymoon spent in India. Talking about June, it is month the hill stations turn to be the most romantic experience post a fairytale wedding. Do send us inquiries on your choice of destinations and also, don’t forget to share the article with anyone who is just waiting for the romantic escape.
Frequently Asked Question and Answers:
1. Can Hotels be re-scheduled?
Ans: Some hotels provide cancellation services, however for cancelling and re-scheduling certain charges will have to be paid.
2. Is health insurance coverage necessary to travel to another country?
Ans: The insurance policy depends on each country and their policies. It would be ideal to take one if it is available.
3. Can we rent a car or other transportation in the country we are traveling to?
Ans: Yes, rental car and other services are available in most of these countries. Hence, always carry your necessary documents for the same.