Neem which is also known as the Indian Lilac tree has been a part and parcel of traditional Indian medicinal and therapeutic system called the Ayurveda. Neem leaves, fruits and bark which hold the maximum medicinal properties are available throughout the year since Neem tree rarely dries out and is more or less, evergreen. It has natural substances that act against bacteria; parasites and fungi. Also, neem has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce swelling and inflammation associated with different parts of the body. It also has analgesic effects. Besides, neem for hair also promises a healthy and beautiful lock upon continuous use. Take a look at how you can make the best of it.
How to Use Neem Leaves for Hair Growth?:
Apart from this, Neem also has numerous skin and hair benefits to get rid of day to day woes. Let us read below to know more about how to use neem leaves for hair growth? If you know the below tips and tricks and home remedies, you will be able to get shiny, long and lustrous hair, too sans the chemical laden products.
See More: How To Use Neem Oil For Hair
1. In those suffering from Eczema, it is common to have a dry and itchy scalp. Neem offers great relief when used regularly to soothe the itchiness and also reduce the intensity of rashes. Here is how to do it.
- Boil the bark of Neem in water.
- Grind the bark in this boiled water to form a paste.
- Apply this paste to your scalp to help against eczema.
- Follow with your routine shampoo and conditioner.
Try this thrice a week to ensure a healthy hair.
2. If you suffer from chronic hair fall trouble and excessive scalp dandruff, we have a solution for you. Neem leaves for hair are the next best trusted solution.
- Boil some freshly plucked neem leaves in nearly two cups of water. You would notice that the water changes colour to turn greenish.
- You may use this water to rinse your hair after using your anti-dandruff shampoo. This would take care of dandruff due to its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties and also stimulate for hair growth.
Neem water for hair offers its own benefits and is filled with medicinal properties.
- use warm Neem oil mixed with equal quantities of olive, almond or coconut oil to nourish your scalp and improve blood circulation.
If you suffer from head lice, again Neem comes to your rescue due to its anti-parasitic properties.
See More: How To Use Coconut Oil For Hair
Neem (नीम) As A Natural Conditioner:
If see the neem benefits for hair, it acts as a natural moisturizer for dry, frizzy hair and makes your tresses more manageable. You can prepare your own Neem conditioner by
- making a paste out of crushed Neem leaves and honey.
- Apply the paste evenly on your hair and let it fry for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo.
If you are suffering from hair fall and have certain bald patches on your scalp, you must try this along with your regular medications.
Neem Hair Pack:
Here is how you can quickly make a neem hair pack.
- Mix equal quantities of Neem powder, amla powder, shikakai powder and reetha powder.
- To this add, honey and lemon juice.
- Apply this paste to your scalp and along the lengths of your hair.
- Let this hair mask, stay on your hair for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Follow this with your regular shampoo and conditioner.
This hair mask would deep condition, nourish your hair strands and reduce scalp itchiness and dandruff too. Also, if you desire faster hair growth, you must try this hair pack as it is sure to stimulate your hair follicles for new hair growth.
You may also mix yogurt with crushed neem leaves and apply this paste on your hair. Due to its high fatty acid content, Neem hydrates your hair strands and make them appear healthier and shinier.
While colouring your hair with henna, add equal quantities of Neem powder, yogurt and coffee powder this would boost the colour of your hair and also add a lot of natural shine to your hair.
See More: How To Use Vitamin E Oil On Hair
Neem has high medicinal properties and is known to benefit the hair and the body. It is natural and is a trusted choice of medicine since ages. Try out the hair mask and other simple remedies to get healthy and lustrous hair in a span of a month.