How To Folic Acid For Hair Growth?
Importance Of Folic Acid For Hair growth:
Folic acid or folate is another name for the water soluble Vitamin B9 or folacin. In our bodies it is naturally active when our liver converts dihydro folic acid.
- Folic acid is necessary for synthesizing and repairing our DNA. Hence it is known to aid rapid cell division and thus helps the body grow.
- Folic acid is essential for the red blood cells as it equips them with the ability to carry oxygen.
- Mild deficiencies can lead to diarrhea, headaches and even irregular heartbeats.
- Major deficiencies hinder child growth in expectant mothers, nerve damage, anemia and also depression.
See More: Coconut Milk For Hair Growth
So folic acid is important for our entire body and all the organs without which our body loses its balance.
Folic Acid For Hair Growth:
With very low reserves of Folate, the essential cellular processes decline. This further leads to tissue damage, cell depletion, organ failure and ultimately loss of bodily functions.
Disturbed red blood cells cannot carry their full capacities of oxygen to other cells for metabolism. This has an impact on hair follicles.
• Declined metabolism means hair production is impaired due to lack of oxygen;
• Gradual iron deficiency due to incapable red blood cells leads to
- Androgynous hair loss which gives male pattern baldness and hirsutism in females causing hair growth in unusual areas.
- Megaloblastic anemia that expands blood cells and is the main cause of premature graying.
So in a very deep and intricate way Folic acid deficiency causes hair loss. Hence, folic acid must be present to ensure hair gain. This will ensure the following:
• Better cell renewal and regeneration of new hair cells.
• Improved blood circulation that aids cell metabolism.
Ultimately this leads to healthy hair and scalp, promoting natural hair growth. But it can’t work alone. It needs other forms of Vitamin B complex to act together to ensure hair growth.
See More: Benefits Of Curry Leaves For Hair
A significant cell renewal procedure maintained by folic acid is the function of copying DNA which is essential for growing hair. This is because every hair root has a DNA copy which it replicates and grows to form each growing strand of hair. Folic acid maintains the correct DNA copy at each root. In a way it creates a memory band for the follicles. Naturally if folic acid reduces then this information is not well communicated to the hair follicle which leads to confusion in them. This confusion gives rise to change in hair color, stunted hair growth and even hair loss.
Thus hair roots have the most rapid cell divisions in our body. This process demands folic acid.
Natural Sources Of Folic Acid:
Folic Acid Is Available In A Variety Of Foods. The General Food Groups Include:
- Green leafy vegetables: spinach, broccoli, turnips, lettuce, artichokes etc.
- Legumes: peas and beans;
- Egg yolks;
- Liver and kidney;
- Citrus fruits: though present, it is moderately lower than the previous alternatives.
- Bread and cereals: they have fortified folic acids.
Due to its water soluble nature folic acids are easily depleted while cooking. Hence fortified products offer a better dosage in terms of cooked foods. A good amount of folic acid is necessary in everyone’s diets. However moderation is required as excess of anything may reverse the benefits. Its daily consumption levels in an average adult should not exceed 800-1000 micro grams at any time.
See More: Hibiscus For Hair Regrowth
The winter vegetables are rich with folic acid. Expectant mothers are always prescribes pre natal vitamins. They are advised to include legumes and greens in their diet. Hence for this reason one may observe that expectant mothers have a spurt in hair growth and thickness. This is valid proof that a folate rich diet can indeed make your hair grow faster.
Eating well and staying fit is the cure to all our problems. Let’s lead a healthier lifestyle.