The Women’s ethnic wear segment has witnessed a dramatic change in the last few years. Elaborate dresses and sarees gave way to sleek and stylish Churidars. It didn’t stop there! The three-piece suits are ‘almost’ replaced by modern Kurti designs for women. The reason? They are practical, comfortable and high on style! In this article, we shall delve deeper into this subject and understand more about the importance and latest trends in Women’s Kurti section!
Why Do Indian Women Love Wearing Kurtis?
Gone are the days when Indian women led sedentary lifestyles! Today, women travel as much as men do and even have extremely long working hours. With Kurtis, you can easily manage a typical day without worrying about creasing or wardrobe malfunction. That’s not all! The mix and match concept offers plenty of room for creativity. All you need to sail through a working day is a comfy Kurti and a stretchable legging!
Features of Kurtis For Women:
Let us now look into some of the prominent features of a ladies Kurti:
- Kurtis is Upper garments, which are sold as single pieces or along with a Dupatta.
- They are available in different cuts like straight cut, A-line, Anarkali, Asymmetric etc.
- Several fabrics are used in making Kurtis, including cotton, linen, khadi, georgette, rayon and even lace.
- These outfits are priced from a few hundred rupees to a few tens of thousands, depending on the brand, quality and design.
- There are many sleeve and neck options available to suit every body type. You even have the option to pick a simple one or an elaborate piece depending on the occasion.
- Kurtis also features new trends like embroidery, patchwork, layered style, prints etc. When it comes to creativity used in making these garments, the sky is the limit!
What To Wear With Kurtis?
Kurtis can be worn with a variety of bottom wear like leggings, jeggings, salwar, Patiala, palazzos, skirts, culottes and even denim. You can wear a Kurti in multiple ways by playing around with these bottoms. Just keep in mind the length of the Kurti, the shape and your body type before you pick a look!
Now, moving on to the Dupattas part, most Kurtis can be worn without one! Instead of a traditional Chunari, you can use a simple stole or even a scarf to cover up your neck and stay voguish at the same time.
Latest and Beautiful Kurti Designs for Ladies in Fashion:
Here you can find some top 50 designs of kurtas and Kurtis for women which are best of its ranges.
1. Angrakha A-Line Kurti:
Look radiant in this maroon and beige printed Anghrakha kurti. The traditional Rajasthani style cross-flap is taken to a whole new level in this outfit. The kurti having with flared hem and v neck. Adding to the ethnic feel is the lovely hand block print all over the body and dupatta!
- Design: Maroon and Beige Printed Angrakha Kurti
- Fabric: Cotton
- Body Type: Tall and Broad Shouldered Women
- Occasion: Festivals, Work Wear
- Wear With: Printed Palazzo, Ethnic footwear and Metal jewellery.
2. Layered High Low Kurti:
Join the high-low trend and set your fashion graph sky high! The layered kurti offers the right amount of jazz to put you under the spotlight. The A-line Kurta for women features an asymmetric hemline, long sleeves and a front slit that reveals a contrast fabric. The bright green tassels add a quirky element to the outfit. You can wear it to any party and steal the show like a queen!
- Design: Red A-line Layered High Low Kurti
- Fabric: Viscose Rayon and Silk
- Body Type: Curvy Figures
- Occasion: Kitty Parties, Small Gatherings
- Wear With: Black legging, Long earrings and high heel shoes.
3. Polka Dot Flared Kurta:
Polka dots have always dominated the fashion scene and are here to stay for long! This yellow flared kurta for women features an Indian style polka dot print that resembles a Bandhani art. Another interesting element of the kurti is the long front slit that reveals your bottom wear, every time you walk. So before investing in a pretty palazzo or skirt to rock the show!
- Design: Yellow Polka Dot Flared Kurti with Side Slit
- Fabric: Rayon
- Body Type: Hourglass Figures
- Occasion: College Wear
- Wear With: Printed Palazzo or Skirt, Strappy Heels, Chandelier Earrings.
4. Boat Neck Anarkali Kurti For Women:
This maxi style Anarkali kurta for women gives you a relaxed look! The navy blue and red printed outfit work as a versatile garment. With flared hem and boat neckline, you can convert this kurti into an evening dress. Notice the geometric print on the side panels and the hemline, that instantly draw attention from onlookers.
- Design: Navy Blue Printed Anarkali Kurta
- Fabric: Viscose Rayon
- Body Type: Tall and Curvy Women
- Occasion: Kitty Parties, Office Wear
- Wear With: Printed Flats, Boho jewellery and an embroidered clutch.
5. Double Layer V Neck Kurti:
This pink V neck kurti is sure to make you look like a walking dream! The soothing pastel colour of this outfit makes you look radiant and angelic. Adding to the charm is the layered effect of the kurta with beautiful gold motifs. The flared hemline gives volume to your body and makes you look broad without having to try too hard!
- Design: Pink Foil Print Layered A-line Kurti
- Fabric: Silk
- Body Type: Tall and Slender Women
- Occasion: Festivals, Evening Parties
- Wear With: Wedge heels, Ethnic Jhumkis and sleek centre partitioned hairstyle.
6. Sleeveless Printed Kurti Design:
Get ready to take a dip in a riot of colours! This navy blue printed kurti looks like a colourful dream. It features a straight hemline, round neck, with no sleeves. The side slits are adorned with lovely fabric tassels and the hem has a pretty lace of pompoms. If you are looking for a perfect fusion wear ensemble, nothing can quite match this style!
- Design: Navy Blue Sleeveless Kurti Design
- Fabric: Cotton
- Body Type: Petite, Hourglass
- Occasion: College wear, Friends Day Out
- Wear With: White trouser, Heel shoes, tassel earrings and ethnic clutch.
7. Readymade Embroidered Kurti For Women:
Look like a desi diva in this navy blue and orange embroidered kurti. The solid kurti is adorned with a centre panel of dainty thread work. This kurti also features a sweetheart neck with a straight hemline and side cuts. The pure cotton fabric used in this outfit keeps you breezy and easy the whole day, just what you need to deal with hot summers!
- Design: Navy Blue and Orange Embroidered Kurti
- Fabric: Cotton
- Body Type: Curvy, Tall Figures
- Occasion: Everyday wear, Office and Colleges
- Wear With: Contrast-colored skirt, sleek ponytail, hanging earrings and wedge heels.
8. Asymmetric Dhoti Style Kurti:
Turn your streets into a ramp by walking out in this stylish ensemble. The knee-length, dhoti style kurta is sure to earn you a second glance with its unique cut and design. It features a soothing blue colour that is aesthetically contrasted with a colourful mirror work border on the shoulder. You will be thrilled if we say a black beaded necklace also comes as part of the outfit!
- Design: Blue Kurti With Dhoti Pants
- Fabric: Viscose Rayon
- Body Type: Hourglass and Apple figures
- Occasion: Sangeeth, Mehendi Parties
- Wear With: Kolhapuri Sandals, metallic loops and a sleek hairstyle.
9. Office Wear Kurti With Slits:
This beige kurti has an understated elegance, which makes it a perfect choice for office wear. Don’t get fooled by the humble looks of this cotton kurti! The added mock placket on the front reveals a slit that instantly amps up the style factor. Also, notice the pastel-coloured striped print that perfectly contrasts the neutral shade of the kurti.
- Design: Beige Striped Kurti With Slits
- Fabric: Cotton
- Body Type: Straight Figures
- Occasion: Office Wear
- Wear With: Cream palazzo, closed-toe sandals, studded jewellery.
10. Dailywear Checks Kurti:
Check out this breezy checks kurti in red and white, which can work as a multifunctional Kurti. The cotton outfit features a short button placket and 3/4 sleeves to add a touch of a professional look. You can happily slip into this piece and walk out with oodles of confidence. The Mandarin collar lets you take a break from the suffocating dupatta!
- Design: Red and White Checks Kurti
- Fabric: Cotton
- Body Type: Curvy Figures
- Occasion: Office, College Wear
- Wear With: White Trouser, Red Sandals, Tight bun and Metallic jewellery.
11. Biba Designer Long Kurti:
Thus Kalamkari printed Kurti from Biba is quite a stunner! The layered model features a blend of a traditional art form and modern design. Apart from the pattern itself, the colour combination of brown and blue makes it an instant love. Another interesting feature is the removable layer on top, which lets you try two looks with one outfit!
- Design: Brown and Blue Printed Layered Anarkali
- Fabric: Georgette
- Body Type: Hourglass and Curvy
- Occasion: Festivals, Traditional Events
- Wear With: Cream churidar legging, ethnic jutis and metallic jewellery.
12. Partywear Short Kurti:
This black short kurti gives the illusion of wearing a star-studded midnight sky! The black silk kurti is embellished with sparling mirrors to make you shine in a party. The short sleeves, princess cut seam and straight hemline define your beautiful body shape. You can style it in a myriad of ways and manage to look stunning every single time.
- Design: Black Mirror Work Short Kurti
- Fabric: Polyester Silk
- Body Type: Petite, Apple
- Occasion: Night Parties, Receptions
- Wear With: Gold or Black netted skirt, a frilly dupatta, sleek hair and heavy earrings.
13. Pretty Pink Jaipuri Kurti:
Look resplendent in this enchanting pink and green Jaipuri Kurti for women. The eye-catchy outfit is of calf-length and straight-cut. It features panelled style embroidery work to add a traditional Jaipuri touch. The glossy Chanderi silk fabric makes you look radiant, while the pinkish hue elevates your feminine beauty.
- Design: Pink and Green Printed Jaipuri Kurta
- Fabric: Chanderi Silk
- Body Type: Petite, Tall Bodies
- Occasion: Day Events, festivals, Social Gatherings
- Wear With: Pink trouser, Side pony hairstyle, pearl hanging earrings and high heels
14. Printed Kaftan Style Kurti Design:
When it comes to offering comfort, nothing can beat a Kaftan style kurti. The anti-fit, robe style kurti is just what you need for a hot, balmy day. The loose, falling sleeves and the asymmetric hemline keeps you airy the whole day. This two-piece set comes with a transparent upper layer and a soft inner. You can wear it as a kurti or ditch the pant to make it a dress!
- Design: Magenta printed Kaftan Asymmetric Kurti
- Fabric: Viscose
- Body Type: Plus Sizes, Hourglass Figures
- Occasion: Lounge Wear, Outings
- Wear With: Ankle fit legging, strappy flats, and a metallic chain
15. Woolen Kurti Design With Jacket:
Winter is coming! So, prepare yourself to beat the cold weather with a hot new style! Check out this grey woolen kurta that comes with a maroon jacket. The warm and cosy outfit is just what you need to brave the chills, without compromising on your glam quotient. This two-piece set comprises of a straight cut grey kurti and a maroon attached shrug.
- Design: Grey and Maroon Woolen Kurta
- Fabric: Wool
- Body Type: Tall and Curvy Shapes
- Occasion: Casual Outings, College Wear
- Wear With: Ankle-length legging, Strappy heels, Metal loop earrings
16. Embroidered Maroon Kurti:
Show off yourself with this ethnic wear long kurti design. It is in a dark maroon colour which is filled with multiple colour embroidery work. This work makes it look stunning and elegant. This ladies kurti design has a three fourth sleeve and the neck is of collar type.
17. Fancy New Design Kurti:
Wanna look stylish with a suitable outfit that is best for you? Own this long straight cut kurti, which is of black and white shades. This half and half stylish kurti design consist of a plain black material in one side, along with it, black printed white material on the other side. The material used here is pure chiffon. And also you can get in your desired variable sizes that best suits you.
18. Dark Blue Designer Kurti:
Find this beautifully printed straight cut kurti design for women. Here you can find a twin colour border of pink and orange, which enhances the beauty of this long women kurti. This kurti can be used as casual wear for any sort of outing or even for any friends get together.
19. Full Sleeves Ladies Kurti:
Now take a look on this beautifully embroidered kurti top which is of full sleeves. This Kurti pattern constitutes of same colour embroidery work which uniquely suits the body of the kurti. This kurti can opt as ethnic wear for any special occasion. This can be mismatched with a sky blue colour of leggings that highly suits it.
20. Georgette Embroidery Work Kurti:
Add beauty to your wardrobe by getting this sea green latest design kurti. It has a closed neck with zari embroidered border on it. The work is also on the chest and in both the borders of the sleeves. There is a beautifully patterned netted lace in the bottom of the Kurti that is suitably used to highlight the beauty.
See More: Trending Kurti Neck Designs
21. Elephant Print Summer Collection Kurti:
Here comes the fashionable kurtis collection for the modern-day women. This pinkish-red colour georgette material is so modish and contemporary that the ladies and girls of this digital world should accept it without any hesitancy. The design is patterned as such to satisfy the demands of these modern-day outfits.
22. Pretty Designer Kurta:
Now take a look at this eye-catching collection of kurta designs for female, which is no doubt will be your favourite at one glance. This black and white printed combination with the embroidery design on it makes it look unique of its range. There is the availability of various sizes that can suit for the ladies of all ages.
23. Latest Anarkali Type Kurti:
Grab this collection of trendy Kurtis which is of Anarkali type having three fourth sleeves. The pink shaded plain top design of this kurti with the printed pattern of multiple Anarkali cuts makes the outfit look gorgeous.
24. Latest Kurti Design for Girls:
Add one more wonderful and elegant kurti in your wardrobe specially made to wear for teenagers. This new kurti has distinctive cuts in the bottom line, which is uneven. And the shades used are only black and white, that is all-time favourites for the modern girls.
25. Front Open Slit Designer Kurti:
Discover this romantic pink stylish kurti which has an open slit in the front side. It has no printed design but it is a plain fashionable kurti. It is sleeveless and has a dashing look of the border which has a bright yellow colour and consists of golden zari. This is modern trendy kurti can be mismatched with any bright colour leggings suitably dark pink or even black.
26. Unique Cuts Designer Kurti:
Look this bright red best kurti design with an eccentric cut in the bottom line. It has grey embellished borders on both the sleeves and also the border of the kurti. This sophisticated pattern is the best choice selected among youngsters.
27. Closed Neck Long Kurta Design:
Hey you! This is the perfect kurta design for girls of these modern days. The colour selected for this particular kurta is not too bright, neither too dull. This sleeveless and long kurta design of printed black and white patterns makes you wear this, to any impressive party occasion.
28. Latest Trendy Bollywood Design Kurta:
Discover the beauty of this exclusive and latest ladies kurta which would definitely steal the show. The smart and debonair collection of this Kurta is so much pleasing and satisfying by the girls and women of almost all ages. This is perfect for casual wear to any of your special day. You can also wrap this into a special gift box to present it to the person you love the most.
29. Frock Style Kurta Design:
Try this stunning red and white kurti which falls under the category of short kurtis. Here you can find the unique kurti design which is so classic and simple that everyone would fall in love with it, to own it. This is the sleeveless type and has the option of attaching the sleeves with it. It can also be opted for gifting to your beloved ones.
30. Trendy Pink Short Kurta:
Here comes the splashing pink shaded latest ladies kurta that would otherwise be well known as Anarkali type Kurtas. This collection is so much loving and adorning that all ladies would wish to wear it at least once. These three fourth sleeves with open collar type neck are so comfortable to wear. For adding the extra beauty, few fleets of the same material are being patterned.
31. Bandhani Print Anarkali Pink Kurti:
Here is the treat for bandhani pattern lovers who always wish to wear its range of collection. This new fashion kurti design is much beautiful enough to be one’s all-time favourite. This is three fourth sleeves type and has a sequence of Anarkali cuts in the same bandhani material. To enhance beauty, add a contrast shade dupatta.
32. Pink Layered Kurta Design:
Take this treat of new fashion Kurti design which is ornated with a shade of romantic pink top layer and the printed polyester fabric as the inner layer. This layered range of collection makes it look striking and special to wear for any favourite party. It has collar type neck and has the button openings in the front side.
33. New Brasso Cotton Red Kurta:
Snatch up this cute collection of stylish Kurti for girls, in the bright red shade along with the netted neck and sleeves pattern. This plainly designed kurti has the only applique of the net fabric along its chest top and both the sleeves. This makes it look gorgeous and magnificent.
34. Self Printed Designer Anarkali Kurti:
Take hold of this best and latest creation of bright and vibrant beautiful Indian ethnic wear of Anarkali type. This modern kurti is the classic collection of long Anarkali Kurti type. These variants are also available in all possible sizes.
35. Printed Cotton Straight Kurti:
Here is another beautiful range of cotton kurtis having traditional design prints as the marking highlights of the kurti. This stylish kurti for women is the one which is of three fourth sleeves and has a delightful and first-rated print embossed on it.
36. Beautiful Modern Cut Kurti:
Get one more trendy collection in your wardrobe which must be the most loved and close to your heart outfit. This stylish kurti has the overcoat type pattern designed over the normal inner kurti top. The colour chosen is also the girls’ most liked pink shade.
37. Navy Blue Print Cotton Kurti:
This dashing design of the kurti is of navy blue colour and has white flower prints all over it. As a contrasting shade, the orange colour is designed on the neck and borderlines of both sleeves. A similar shade of orange is mismatched as its bottom pair. You can also add up the beauty by getting the same contrast shade of dupatta.
38. Gorgeous Ethnic 3/4th Sleeves Kurti:
Discover this ethnic Bollywood design sea green colour new kurti. This is of cotton fabric with purely Indian conceptual patterns that contain shades of purple, blue, red and magenta in the borders and neck design. This suits women of all categories and also liked by the young girls.
39. Pakistani Designer Cotton Kurti:
Here is the entry of brand new concept of Pakistani style trendy kurtis which has a broad straight cut design as the slits in the sides. It has normal three fourth sleeves but also with cuts in its borders. This can be well chosen as ethnic wear for an evening party.
40. Orange Colour Cotton Fabric Kurti:
Now take a look onto this dashing dark shade of orange kurti with unique broad borders which have similar patterns in both the sleeves too. The plain body, with well satisfying embroidery work on the borders highlights the beauty of the outfit. Decorate your wardrobe with this one more new trendy diva collection.
41. Cotton Printed Ladies Kurti:
This distinctive combination of maroon flower prints with the beige shaded body makes the kurti look so simple and casual. This kurti for women is considered as the short kurti types and has three fourth sleeves. It has its variants in different sizes to suit all ladies.
42. Kalamkari Printed Cotton Kurta:
This charcoal black full sleeve attire kurti is well designed with Kalamkari prints. The unique neck design chosen here is the collar type neck with a cold shoulder. The modern-day women readily accept this fashionable kurtis as the perfect casual wear.
43. Floral Beige and Pink Kurti Suit:
Here is the most attractive and pleasantly designed beige coloured Kurti with rose appliques all over the body. It is the sleeveless type and has trendy open slits in the front side. It is a must-have best kurti design which should be truly added to your wardrobe.
44. Peach Colour Long Kurta Design:
Looking for some authentic type collection of kurtas for women? Then hold your breath here. Sink this elegant peach shaded kurta with white coloured leggings to make your day. It is three fourth sleeves and has a self-printed design all over the material.
45. Floral Print Viscose Stretchable Kurti:
Explore this full sleeves remarkable kurti of black and pink shade which is full of printed patterns. The kurti fabric is chiffon material and gives extreme comfort to the one who wears it. This new kurti design falls under the category of long Anarkali type Kurtis. Lovers of chiffon material would do not want to miss this type of collection.
46. Khadi Cotton Bright Yellow Kurta:
Wide-open your eyes to have a look onto this trendy kurti which is splendid with a bright shade of yellow. This khadi cotton material gives you the utmost comfort to wear at any time of the day. It has three fourth sleeves and has a contrast black colour highlighting borders.
47. Simple and Stylish White Kurti:
Hold a minute to have a glance at this white shaded kurti with beautiful flower prints covered right from the top to bottom in one side. It has mini sleeves and long straight cut pattern which makes it look distinctively unique. It is for sure that you would steal the show by wearing it to anyk900 special occasion.
48. Stylish Cotton Kalamkari Printed Kurti:
Grab on this new fashion kurti design which makes one look stunning and modern. This superb collection of cotton kurti has the splashing kalamkari prints on it. It has full sleeves and the neck pattern also is comfortable to wear. This is the perfect choice for ethnic wear.
49. Modern Indian Women Kurti Design:
Wanna collection which highly stylish and bright shaded. Then opt for such one as shown in the image link which has a unique design pattern and is of lemon shaded colour. This would be the most preferred and loved outfit among the ones in your wardrobe. It has mini sleeves and layered pattern which makes it latest stylish kurti.
50. Striped Pattern Modern Cut Designer Kurti:
This is the exact contemporary twenty-first-century design for the girls who want to look always as divas. This latest Kurti Design is the perfect choice to club the outfit with modern look jeans or any suitable pants. This is available in all different sizes which makes it the widest choice of most of the ladies and girls.
The above collection gives the reason why one should select the beautiful Indian design Kurtis. All are distinctively designed and elegantly patterned. There are plenty of varieties for all the ladies to suit each one’s choice and preferences.