Do you know, if you have an oval face shape, almost all the hairstyles and makeovers can fit in you seamlessly? Yes, you heard the good news, right! With the perfectly balanced and symmetrical features, oval face shaped women are the luckiest above all. The hairstyles for oval faces will prove us right.
From loose hair to waves, curls, bangs, blunt look, bobs, shaggy style and more – there is a sea of options that we can’t even possibly list out here. Do not skip out on this blessing, and check out as many ideas as possible!
20 Best Hairstyles for Oval Faced Women:
Here are given the best hairstyles for oval faces in the market. These can help you enhance your personality and yet make you look stylish in your own sense.
1. Shoulder Length Waves:
In this particular hairstyle, the hair extends until shoulder length in a wavy manner. Voluminous hair will help with the wave factor. This hairstyle will adjust your face angles and make you look smart. For attaining this look, the hair has to be well-maintained from the very first day. You can have this hairstyle only if the hair is strong at the roots.
- Suitable Hair Type: A great hairstyle suitable for wavy hair.
- Preferable Age Group: Hairstyle looks great for women between 22-35 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: The winter season is the best for this.
- Perfect Occasion: Suits well as a great party hairstyle for night outs.
- Matching Dresses: Matches well with western clothes and tops and jeans.
2. Long Curve Bangs:
Fringe haircuts look amazing on oval faces. They cover the forehead so that the world doesn’t get to see your face angles. It shortens the length of the face and makes it look blunt. The edges of the face are hidden as the hairstyles curves on the sides. In a word, this hairstyle adjusts the frame of the face.
- Preferable Age Group: Great hairstyle for young women below 32 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: Suitable during monsoon and winter.
- Suitable Hair Type: In case you have curly hair at ends, and straight at the top, this goes for you.
- Perfect Occasion: Team up for an upcoming party or casual outings, this is going to make you look great.
- Matching Dresses: You can definitely go with any western clothes with this hairstyle.
3. Short Pixie Haircut:
The pixie haircut goes perfectly with oval faces. The haircut is becoming more and more popular as it provides a feminine and boyish look at the same time. It has been voted as this summer’s hottest hairstyle. The hair is very short in this type of haircut and helps in recovering the oval face frame.
- Preferable Age Group: Ideal for both young and middle-aged women.
- Best Season to Try: A great hairstyle suitable for summer.
- Suitable Hair Type: Whatever hair type you have, does not matter. This hairstyle can suit everyone.
- Perfect Occasion: It suits parties and gatherings and to attend shows.
- Matching Dresses: Hairstyle is great for dresses, long dresses, and skirts.
4. Long Layered Curls for Women:
Oval faces are seen as blessed as most of the hairstyles generally suit this kind of face. Long and curly hair further looks great given this face. The wavy hair with curls at the end is great and trend. This is among the best suitable hairstyles for an oval face.
- Preferable Age Group: It is great for women of any age group.
- Best Season to Try: Hairstyle is suitable for all seasons.
- Suitable Hair Type: Anyone with medium length hair and wavy hair should totally try this out.
- Perfect Occasion: It is great for everyday casual wear and gatherings and outings.
- Matching Dresses: Can be paired with any dress or ethnic wear as per your choice.
5. Chin Length Hairstyle:
It is a haircut for oval face straight hair. And this is among bob hairstyles for oval faces which looks great and makes you look younger. This straight hairstyle suits well for all age groups hence. Just make sure to part from the side and show the side of one side with bit lengthy hair. This hairstyle is further best suited for busy life women.
- Preferable Age Group: This suits all age groups. Women can easily look younger in this haircut.
- Best Season to Try: It is ideal for the summer seasons.
- Suitable Hair Type: This hairstyle is great in case you have straight hair.
- Perfect Occasion: Can be used for daily routine, easy to maintain.
- Matching Dresses: You can pair western tops and jeans or dresses or even ethnic wear, it is up to you.
6. Boho Waves Hairstyles:
This is a straightforward style that balances the contrast of the oval faces. Here the hair is very well curled at the end that it will look good on almost all face types. The well-layered hair adjusts the oval face texture and allows women to enjoy loose curls at the bottom of the hair.
- Preferable Age Group: This open hairstyle for long hair is best for young women below 30 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: This haircut is apt for the winter season only.
- Suitable Hair Type: In case you have long hair, you can totally go for this.
- Perfect Occasion: It suits for parties and clubs and date nights.
- Matching Dresses: You can match this up with a western dress or skirts for a better look.
7. Medium Length Shaggy Bob Haircut:
This A-line bob hairstyle is the best there can be. The hair is jagged at the end, which makes it look thicker. As the hair reaches the jaw, it looks a lot thicker as compared to the forehead portion. Stylists recommend using hairspray to make the hair look glossy. It is one of the best hairstyles for oval shaped faces that can make you look more beautiful and alluring.
- Preferable Age Group: This suits young women around 30-40 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: This perfect haircut is suitable for all seasons.
- Suitable Hair Type: It is ideal for medium length straight hair when it suits you well.
- Perfect Occasion: You can wear this totally as your regular daily wear or for the office.
- Matching Dresses: This can be paired with any western dresses or tops as per your choice.
8. Beach Wave Hairstyle:
If you have an oval face, you should consider yourself lucky as you can have the amazing beach wave hairstyle. The hair should not be too long. The hair quality is a big factor as the hair has to extend to a certain limit to fix the face angles. These type of hairstyles for oval faces are popular around the world from girls to 50-year-old women.
- Preferable Age Group: Suits women below 40 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: It is ideal during winter and monsoon season.
- Suitable Hair Type: If you have medium length to long hair, this can totally suit you with curly hair.
- Perfect Occasion: You can rock this hairstyle during your holidays and vacations.
- Matching Dresses: Wear this with western clothes to team them up well.
9. Straight Lifted Hair:
This is among long hairstyles for oval faces. The hair can look straight and not still look flat, thanks to this haircut. This is great for regular office goers who do not want to work much on their hair. It further gives you inner shine from hair, which is great.
- Preferable Age Group: Ideal for young women below 32 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: This suits all seasons very well.
- Suitable Hair Type: In case you have long and straight hair, this is just the haircut for you.
- Perfect Occasion: Hairstyle suitable for parties and gatherings and outings easily.
- Matching Dresses: You can complement with western clothes or tops, this is great.
10. Layered Hairstyle for Medium Length Hair:
The best part about medium layers us that it is a very versatile hairstyle that manages to look great on all kinds of face types. The medium layers can be easily maintained and require no such restrictions about what you need to wear. The medium layered hairstyles are great when you have a formal event and have nothing to accessorize. This is among haircuts for oval face wavy hair.
- Preferable Age Group: Hairstyle is suitable for young women below 30 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: Ideal as a winter haircut for oval faces.
- Suitable Hair Type: In case you have long and curly hair, this is definitely suitable for you.
- Perfect Occasion: Team this up for a great party or night out or date night for a dashing look.
- Matching Dresses: Wear it with western dresses or tops for a great look.
11. Front Fringes:
The first thing you need to know when you have an oval face is that medium length to short hair looks great. The front fringe is an absolute beauty when matching it up with your oval face and can be easily matched with a wide variety of attire for both formal and informal events. Front fringes also look great with both brunette and blonde hair colours. This is medium length hairstyle for oval faces.
- Preferable Age Group: This suits young women well.
- Best Season to Try: All seasons are suitable for this hairstyle.
- Suitable Hair Type: If you have medium length hair, you can blindly go in for this haircut.
- Perfect Occasion: It is great for regular college-goers.
- Matching Dresses: Complement it with sleeveless tops and dresses.
12. Side Parted Wavy Hairstyle:
Free falling side-parted medium length waves is probably the most sensual hairstyle for oval-shaped faces. The hairstyle can be accessorized in a wide variety of ways, but it looks absolutely great when left to just fall over your shoulders. Medium length hair is an all-time favourite with oval faces, and this wavy hairstyle is a testament to this fact. This is one of the best oval shape haircuts.
- Preferable Age Group: It suits women below 35 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: Haircut suits the winter season well.
- Suitable Hair Type: If you have curly and wavy hair with long length, you can go for it.
- Perfect Occasion: It is a great haircut for parties and outings.
- Matching Dresses: Team it up with long dresses or gowns for the best look.
13. Classic Short Haircut:
The classic short is a stunning testament to exactly how short and medium hair looks good on oval-shaped faces. This hairstyle is one of many that you can try when you have an oval-shaped face. The classic short hairstyle can be easily accessorized and can be matched with a wide variety of attire. This is the best hairstyle for oval face women or girls who like to style their short length hair.
- Preferable Age Group: Haircut suits young women up to 30 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: The summer season is the best for this style.
- Suitable Hair Type: It is ideal if you have short straight hair, you will look great.
- Perfect Occasion: This is great for date nights, parties and attending shows.
- Matching Dresses: You can look great with blazers, dresses, and skirts.
14. Long and Straight Hairstyle:
Even though the medium length and short hair look great on oval-shaped faces, the truth is that oval-shaped faces can actually support many haircuts. The long straight hairstyle can be worn to many formal and social events of your choice. A straight hairstyle for long hair looks great with black hair colour but can be accessorised with different hair colours.
- Preferable Age Group: In case you are in your 20s, do not think twice. This is going to be great for you.
- Best Season to Try: The winter season is the best to try this style.
- Suitable Hair Type: In case you have straight hair, you can go for this cut easily.
- Perfect Occasion: Looks awesome for parties, shows, music nights and clubs.
- Matching Dresses: Team this up with dresses or shorts for a much-enhanced look.
15. Short Goth Hairstyles:
This is among the best trending front cut hairstyles for an oval face. This gothic or old look has been in trend this year ever since the fashion market has started. It looks great with an oval-shaped face. Hence one should definitely try this out.
- Preferable Age Group: One of the bold haircuts for young women.
- Best Season to Try: In case you are in summer, you can totally try this out.
- Suitable Hair Type: Ideal for short length straight hair and suits both women and girls.
- Perfect Occasion: It is great for parties, clubs and fashion shows.
- Matching Dresses: Hence, team it up with chic dresses and shorts to enhance the look.
16. Curls With Bangs for Long Hair:
This long hairstyle for oval-shaped faces the curls with bangs is a very manageable and completely natural hairstyle. It can be easily matched with formal wear for any event and even party wear for any social event that you wish to attend. This style is supported by a large number of women all around the world. It is one of the superb hairstyles for the oval face that gets more appreciation from all. This is one of the best among haircuts for wavy hair for oval face.
- Preferable Age Group: Suits you if you are in your 20s.
- Best Season to Try: Haircut is great with all seasons. Hence you do not need to think twice now.
- Suitable Hair Type: Ideal if you have medium length wavy hair. This is totally going to suit you.
- Perfect Occasion: It suits for attending functions or even for parties and night outs.
- Matching Dresses: Hence, as per occasion, the team with ethnic wear or western dress accordingly.
17. Bold and Beautiful Hairstyle:
This black hairstyle is great for oval shaped people as this is bold and elegant at the same time. This looks stylish and is great for both formal and informal events, it is best if you can incorporate this hairstyle even for your regular daily routine or office work.
- Preferable Age Group: Looks great on young women.
- Best Season to Try: Best winter hairstyle one should try out.
- Suitable Hair Type: In case you have long straight hair, you should try this out.
- Perfect Occasion: Best for daily office routine, parties and also informal gatherings.
- Matching Dresses: Hence team this up with blazers or dress up with skirts and long gowns. It is up to you.
18. Long Layered Cut:
Layers always accent oval faces and highlight the cheekbones and the bone structure of the face. This haircut has layers reaching up to the level of eyes, cheekbones, and chin and is absolutely gorgeous for women with an oval face. This is definitely one of the best oval shape hairstyles. With this hairstyle, you can draw attention to your eyes and cheekbones.
- Preferable Age Group: Suits women in their 30s.
- Best Season to Try: Great hairstyle suitable for all seasons.
- Suitable Hair Type: If you have wavy and medium length hair, you can try this out.
- Perfect Occasion: Best for daily office routine and meetings.
- Matching Dresses: Can be paired with western clothes, skirts or blazers; it is up to you.
19. Round Bob with Side Part:
Sport your fashionista look with this round bob and side part. This hairstyle is absolutely flirty, and girls with oval faces look adorable. The bangs are also on-trend and spot on. This bob features one of the best short haircuts for oval shape and totally chic and trendy. You could flaunt with blonde or try out other colours like browns and reds, and you can totally rock this hairdo. Add life to your tresses and be the trendsetter.
- Preferable Age Group: One of the best haircuts for young girls below 22 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: It is a great summer haircut.
- Suitable Hair Type: Suits short and wavy hair.
- Perfect Occasion: Best for regular daily wear.
- Matching Dresses: Hence, team it up as it is convenient and needed for you, be it for college or gatherings and outings with friends.
20. The Oval Pixie:
Oval face shape can pull off any hairstyle effortlessly. Go bold with a short pixie style and add a new twist with these bangs. You can draw attention to your cheekbones and chin. Flaunt your lips and your high cheekbones with this pixie and fringes. The fringes add volume to your forehead and hide it. This is a great hairstyle for those striking cheekbones and the bolder you!
- Preferable Age Group: Layered haircut for oval face is great for women below 35 years of age.
- Best Season to Try: It is an ideal haircut for summer.
- Suitable Hair Type: In case you have short straight hair, you can try this out.
- Perfect Occasion: Best for office meetings and gatherings.
- Matching Dresses: You can team it up with dresses or skirts as per your choice.
- Make sure to visit the hairs once in a while. This will help rejuvenate your hair and nourish it greatly.
- Make sure to use a herbal hair mask once a week to nourish your hair and also help protect it from outside dust and pollution.
- Apply the right amount of hair serums. They will help you retain nourishment.
- Do not over shampoo your hair more than required. Two or three times in a week is sufficient.
It is not generally easy to choose a hairstyle. In case you have an oval-shaped face, then you are among the lucky ones who can style and have haircuts in several different ways. There are different haircuts for you, shoulder length hairstyles for oval faces, medium length, wavy curls or long curls with bangs. You can see what requirements and the suitable choice and then decide on what best suits you well. Shine on with some of these flattering hairstyles for oval faces.
Q1. How to Maintain the Curls Hairstyle after the Haircut is Done?
Ans: Generally, the styled hair after haircut tends to get back to normal after a day or two or after hair wash. Hence you got to restyle it again as per your requirement. In case you have natural waviness and curls in hair, you are among lucky ones to have suitable hairstyles for oval face intact.
Q2. How to Make Sure That the Hairstyle Remains Intact for a Longer Time?
Ans: Who does not want to see their hairstyles remain the same for a longer time! In this case, it is best to use hair serum and hair spray to apply. These sprays will help to keep the styled hair in place for a longer time.
Q3. Does Using a Curler and Straightener too Frequently Damage Hair in Reality?
Ans: In the case of suitable hairstyles for oval face, if you are using straightening and curling tools every day for styling, then they do affect the hair. They give immense heat to the hair in order to style, which is not good. You have to also incorporate serum, heat resistant oils and gels for your hair in this case in order to protect hair from damage.