Your best friend is getting married, and you can’t keep calm. We understand this feeling! Just like the bride, the bridesmaid too shares the limelight and expectations on the big day. Beyond the outfits and makeup, these beautiful bridesmaid hairstyles surely will set you apart to look gorgeous and stunning, besides your best friend.
From elegant loose hair to whimsical braids, French buns, and curly waves, these bridesmaid hairstyles and haircuts are gorgeous and stunning. Please have a look at them here.
25 Simple Wedding Hairstyles for Bridesmaids with Pictures:
Given below are the most charming and best bridesmaid hairstyles along with images which can inspire you to make the right choice.
1. The French Twist:
This style is one of the most well known and popular and easy to do bridesmaid hairstyles with medium hair. The French twist is a sure shot method to snatch the stares this time. A French twist is a classy and elegant hairstyle that you can pair with a Chinese collared white dress or simply a deep cut V. The hair at the back is gathered and manually twisted to get this awesome look. Always try for a cleaner look with fewer front locks.
How to Do:
- This look can be achieved with first combing the hair well.
- Apply hair spray in order to set the hair well in place.
- Begin with gathering the hair at all place.
- Twist the hair with your hands from taking in both sides at first.
- Pin it up with bobby pins.
- Then take other hair from both sides left out and twist it.
- Cover it up with twisted bun. Pin them up well.
- Ideal Age Group: This style is good for women in the early 30s.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style with winter or summer as you wish.
- Matching Dress: This bridesmaid hairstyles for long hair is good only with a long gown or dress.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This style is well suited only with oval and diamond face with straight hair.
2. Loosened Semi Tied Hair:
Those women, who want to flaunt their bridesmaid hairstyle a bit more with elegance, look classy and trendy can easily go for this look. This style is well suited and liked by women. This style is beautiful and attractive at the same time. And this can further be customised by adding flowers or pretty hairpins and accessories.
How to Do:
- Start this style by first brushing the hair well.
- Take hair from two sides and tie it with elastic in between. Use small elastic for now.
- Keep two or three more elastics as per the length of your hair in the same streak.
- While keeping the elastic, take some more hair from the back also in left out section.
- Decorate the elastic with pretty hair accessories.
- Matching Dress: Matched this well with lehengas.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20’s can totally carry off this style.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style out during winter or monsoon at its best.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This style is well suited with wavy and curly hair and with an oval, diamond or square-shaped face.
3.The Side Bun:
This style is one of the classiest and most beautiful bridesmaid hairstyles where they sweep up the hair in a simple yet chic bun. Before this curl your hair or simply wave it to add volume and texture to the hairdo. Keep the front loose and wavy while you sweep away the rest and make a messed up bun with it. You may even add the necessary hair accessories.
- Best Season to Try: This hairstyle is ideal for summer.
- Matching Dress: Pair it up with a beautiful sleeveless gown for a suitable occasion.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style out with oval face and if you have wavy hair.
- Ideal Age Group: Try out this modern bridesmaid hairstyle best suited for women in their 30s.
4. The Free Curls:
Often you would want to sport a free hair without having to partake in any extravagant hairstyle and therefore here is an easy fix that you can opt for. Put them curlers on the night before and simply forget about them until the main event. During the event, open your curls and keep them loose. Maybe use a pin on the side.
- Matching Dress: Try this simple hairstyle with a long gown.
- Best Season to Try: This freestyle is suitable to wear in all seasons as you wish.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in the late 20s or mid-20s can totally rock this free curly style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This cool bridesmaid hairstyle is quite popular with an oval face and wavy or curly hair.
5. The High Bun:
If the low hanging bun is not your cup of tea, try this awesome high hair bun that would go well with a sweetheart neckline dress and a chunky piece of necklace. The hair here is brushed and pulled all the way back to form a big bun. Now here the bun is made by pinning down separate strands or locks to get the massive volume. Use your fingers to fluff up your hairdo and this type of popular bridesmaid hairstyles perfectly suitable for young ladies.
- Best Season to Try: This high bun style is good in summer.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this bun style for women in their 20s.
- Matching Dress: Try this style out with a grand ethnic long dress.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This latest bridesmaid hairstyle is best for all oval and diamond to shape the face and all hair types.
6. The Waterfall Braid:
By now you are sure well acquainted with the different braid types, the waterfall braid being one of them. And these are best and latest waterfall braid hairstyles for the bridesmaid. Waterfall braids can be made with extra accessories that bring out the look of the hair thoroughly. Often you can add hair diversities too to suit the occasion.
- Matching Dress: Try this style with nice lehenga.
- Best Season to Try: This style can be worked well in winter.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in late 20s can totally rock this look.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This bridesmaid hairstyle for thick hair is good with oval and round face and wavy or curly hair.
7. The Braided Bun:
Start with a simple French-style braid and go all the way to the back. Complete the braid and then fan it properly to add volume to your hair. Now start by rolling the hair and putting it in a beautiful bun at the end. This is one of the excellent bridesmaid hairstyles for short hair and long hair women.
- Best Season to Try: This hairstyle is suitable for the summer season.
- Matching Dress: Try this French-style out with a traditional saree, or long dress.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in mid-20s to late 20s can rock this Fench braid hairstyle fully.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This bridesmaid hairstyles for curly hair is also good with those who have any face type.
8. The Back Knot:
Simply tease the back of the head, and then take the two front strands and then tie a knot with it. The hair at the end is made into a beautiful curl, which is free-flowing. Maybe add a tease at the back to add volume. And this type of beautiful curly hairstyles for bridesmaid on that particular day.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this style best during monsoon or winter.
- Ideal Age Group: Try out this hairstyle for women below 33 years of age.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style with curly hair and any face shape.
- Matching Dress: This style suitable for long traditional ethnic dress or lehengas.
9. The Zig-Zags:
This hairstyle is one of the best looks in the list of bridesmaid hairstyles for black hair. And this style totally is fluffy and thick. This is suitable for women who have fuller and darker hair. The texture of the hair is strong and smooth here. Create the style with curls and waves and pin it up with side pin of design to enhance the look and beauty further.
- Matching Dress: Try this with lehengas and long dress.
- Ideal Age Group: Try out this style for women in their 20s.
- Best Season to Try: This style goes very well during winter and monsoon.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This is a hairstyle for bridesmaids which goes well with an oval-shaped face.
10. Half-up and Half-down:
This is one of the bridesmaid hairstyles half up half down. It is a common hairstyle and one which never goes out of trend. This is quite easy to do and best for several wedding occasions and events given the busy schedule. And this is easy to do and effortless to flaunt. This goes with both casual and formal attire giving a versatile look. In this, the hair remains off the face yet open, giving it an amazing attractive look.
- Matching Dress: Try this with lehengas which suit best.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this style for women in their mid-20s.
- Best Season to Try: This is best for any season as you wish.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this for wavy hair and any face shape. You can also further try this as a bridesmaid hairstyle with flowers.
11. Curly Updos:
Up do’s are meant not only for the brides but bridesmaids too. These give an elegant and beautiful look to the bridesmaids. Wavy tied curls incorporate a delicate and stylish look. Try adding some cute hair accessories if required. Go for curly braided look giving a lot of fullness and texture to your hair. Tuck some flowers to provide it with whimsical flair and match the flowers with your dress. This is one of the classic bridesmaid bun hairstyles for long-haired females.
- Matching Dress: Try this style out with a long gown or dress.
- Best Season to Try: This style is suitable for the summer season.
- Ideal Age Group: Pair this style for women in their late 20s for making the look.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This side hairstyles for bridesmaid is good with wavy or curly hair and oval or diamond-shaped face.
12. Side Swept:
Side-swept will add a touch of Hollywood glamour, which always looks good. Side-swept hairstyles are best with vintage waves or beachy waves. Long side waves are hairstyles for bridesmaids, which will showcase your fresh hair colour, grabbing more attention. If you have a naturally wavy hairstyle, then this look is ideal for you. This look is perfect with a one-shoulder dress.
- Best Season to Try: This style goes great in winter.
- Matching Dress: This suits well with sarees or lehengas.
- Ideal Age Group: This style is suitable for women in their early 30s.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style with curly hair and wavy hair only with any oval or round or square-shaped face.
13. Curly Short Hair:
This style is one of the finest and stylish bridesmaid hairstyles with flowers. One can accessorise this style as much as they want to keep flowers and ribbons as this looks great. While this look suits several functions, this kind of style is best suited for Christian wedding ceremonies for bridesmaids. These look amazing if appropriately styled. Hence try out few hair accessories instead of hair extensions.
- Matching Dress: Wear a long gown with this look.
- Best Season to Try: This look goes well in summer.
- Ideal Age Group: Pair this lookup if you are in your early 20s.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this look for round or square-shaped face and curly hair.
14. Barrel Curls:
Barrels curls can be done with curly hair or hair curled with the help of curling iron. Curl half part of the hair and tie or clip it up. Add some bright flowers near the clips to get a breathtaking look. You can even twist your hair back and form a loop from beneath the hair giving the most feminine look. This style is simple and easy to do compared to others.
- Ideal Age Group: This looks great and suits women in their early 30s.
- Matching Dress: This simple style goes well with a long gown or saree.
- Best Season to Try: Try this lookout in winter or monsoon season at its best.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style with only an oval-shaped face and curly hair.
15. Curly Chignon with Hair Band:
Curly chignon with hairband is one of the common summer bridesmaid hairstyles. Try this hairstyle with shoulder-length hair. Tuck and pin your curled hair at the back to achieve longer and fuller chignon. Put a hair band after tucking the curls like a messy bun. Go for some shiny hair bands to give your hair an attractive look.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style in the summer season.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their mid-20s look good with this style.
- Matching Dress: This kind of style goes well with a long ethnic dress.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this look with oval-shaped face with any hair type.
16. Elegant Top Knot With Pearls:
This is a beautiful hairstyle for bridesmaid giving an African American women look. And this looks amazing on women with dark skin tone. Incorporate a variety of ornaments to your hairdo. In this form an elegant knot at the top of your head with all your hair tied tightly. Scatter some pearls to make this look striking. Top knots are best for summer weddings to make your hair look neat and attractive.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this style at its best in summer.
- Matching Dress: This style best suits long dresses and sarees.
- Ideal Age Group: This hairstyle is well suitable for women in their late 20s.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style with all face shapes and long hair.
17. Stylish Greek Updos Especially For Long Hair:
Greek-style updo will help you to recollect the dreamy look of a Greek goddess who arises from the sea with her dazzlingly beauty to conquer the whole world. Form the two braids with a small amount of hair strand to use it as a hairband giving a natural look. Tie your hair into a bun with a bouffant up do to make the hair look voluminous. Then use the braids made as a hairband to give a natural look. These hairstyles look best on the bridesmaid who usually stays all the time with the bride during the wedding.
- Best Season to Try: This Greek style is suitable for summer.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s can totally rock this look.
- Matching Dress: Pair it up with a long gown or lehengas for the best look.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style well suited for those women who have a diamond or oval-shaped face and curly or wavy hair.
18. Long Romantic Curls:
This is a variant of bridesmaid ponytail hairstyles. It is great by accessorising it well with hairpins or flowers. This style once with curly and wavy hair can be either left out or kept as a pony. And this is natural, simple and a sweet look. Accessorise it with flowers that suit your dress the best.
- Best Season to Try: This style goes well with winter.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this style for women below mid-20s.
- Matching Dress: Pair it with saree or lehengas to look best.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style with long hair or medium length hair and oval-shaped face.
19. Floral Braids:
Floral braids are though challenging to do, looks whimsical if it is done correctly. Make a side braid with three smaller braids. Go for different types of braiding for each one and then join all together in a messy way to give it a voluminous look. Tuck some flowers to the braids to give it an elegant look.
- Ideal Age Group: This style suits women in their late 20s.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style in any season as you wish.
- Matching Dress: Pair this style up with women who can wear a saree or a long gown.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this bridesmaid hairstyle ponytail with any face shape and long hair.
20. Vintage Updo for Bridesmaid:
The bridesmaid bun hairstyles are increasing in popularity. They are great to do, easy in comfort and can also be carried well effortlessly. This is a popular hairstyle which gives such an elegant and vintage look. And this can suit everyone and leave a lasting impression. To get the ringlets done in the correct manner complicated yet known to win the admiration at first glance. Get this done by an expert to get a flawless perfect look.
- Best Season to Try: This style best suits summer.
- Matching Dress: Try this style with an elegant gown.
- Ideal Age Group: This style is best for any age group of women.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style with an oval-shaped face only and any hair type.
21. Fishtail Look For Long Hair:
This is one of the most popular bridesmaid hairstyles with a fishtail that looks very alluring with a traditional Indian saree. Fishtail looks awesome with all types of wedding dresses. Make a proper fishtail braid by making the locks appear thicker and hair voluminous. The braids must be made neatly to make them look perfect.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s can try this look.
- Matching Dress: This style goes great with lehengas or sarees.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style out in winter or summer as you wish.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This hairstyle goes well with round or oval-shaped face with long hair.
22. Twisted Ponytail Look:
Part all your hair to one side and then roll your hair upwards to create a twisted look. Once all the hair is twisted, then take a complete section of the hair parted to one side and tie it up as a side ponytail. Make use of clips to secure the ponytail to one side. Hair sprays can be used to get a complete, long-lasting look. This could definitely be said to be one of the best in the list of hairstyles for a bridesmaid.
- Best Season to Try: This style goes well with all seasons.
- Matching Dress: Try this hairstyle with a long gown or dress.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s can try this style out.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This shoulder-length hairstyle for bridesmaid goes well with oval and diamond-shaped face with straight hair.
23. The Side Twirl:
This twirl style is the simple and pretty bridesmaid hairstyles with long hair which suits with any type of outfits. If you want to keep your hair free-falling from the back but want a fix for the front locks, always rely on this quick fix. Before this thoroughly comb your hair and pull all your hair to one side. Now take the last lock and pin it at the back of your head. Take a preferably longer lock from the front and cross it over the pin up to get this look. Pin the last lock too.
- Best Season to Try: To try this simple hairstyle out in the wintertime.
- Ideal Age Group: If you are in the late 20s, this hairstyle is perfect for you.
- Matching Dress: This twirl hairstyle is good with lehengas and sarees and long gowns.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This trendy bridesmaid hairstyle is good with any round or oval face with wavy hair.
24. French Roll Updo:
This is a bridesmaid bun hairstyle variant which suits well with most women. The style looks flawless, elegant and vintage. And this rolled-up bun looks so trendy that it is definitely going to catch the attention of everyone. This updo is admired by all and looks great on most women. It fits several preferences too.
- Best Season to Try: Women can try this style out in summer.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this style on women in their late 20s and early 30s.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this with straight hair and oval or diamond-shaped face.
- Matching Dress: Those women who want this style can match this with a long dress or saree.
25. Side Braided Hair Do:
This side braid hairstyle is the new trend, and It is totally trendy and fashionable. This intricate design and braid is the talk of the town in the present fashion market. And this can be further customised with accessories, flowers or hairpins for a further trendy look. This neat braid suits several preferences and goes well with edge and style at the same time. This is perfect for young women with the edgy sense of style and to achieve an elegant flair.
- Ideal Age Group: Women can rock this look in their 30s.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is the best season to try out this hairstyle.
- Matching Dress: Women can wear lehengas or long gown with this hairstyle.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this style with any face shape and long hair.
- Apply good hair serum for better texture and smoothness after hair wash.
- Good hair spray will set the hair in place for a prolonged period until the long wedding functions and ceremonies end.
- Keep as many hair accessories as you can during wedding time.
- Work with a professional hairstylist for those hairstyles which you cannot do by yourself. These styles require much finer detail and attention.
Hope you enjoyed reading our detailed article on wedding hairstyles for bridesmaids. They are totally cute, unique, fashionable and trendy. We all know what it means to get ready and to look good at our best friend’s wedding day. Hence share with us the styles which made a huge impression on you.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Can Hair Spray Let The Hair Be In Place For The Whole Day?
Ans: Hair sprays are generally used to set the hairstyle and prevent flyaway hair, keeping the hairstyle intact. If you are doubtful for the whole day, then you can reapply hair spray in between.
Q2. Which Natural Ingredients Can Be Used To Let Hair Shine Before The Wedding?
Ans: Ingredients like Argan oil, almond oil, avocado oil, onions, curd and oats are good to make the hair soft and shine. Apart from home remedies, you can also alternatively use new hair masks which many find in the market.
Q3. Does Hair Spa During Wedding Times Recommend?
Ans: Hair spa is totally recommended during wedding times. It lets your hair remain nourished, moisturized. The hair can be smoothened and the texture will improve.
Q4. Does Wedding Bun Hairstyle Suit Round And Square Shaped Faces?
Ans: Yes, there are several bun variants one can look out for. Buns also suit round and square-shaped faces. All you need is to customize it as per the face shape and hair type and texture.
Q5. Do Bun Hairstyles During Wedding Match Sarees?
Ans: Yes bun is the new trend. The buns and its variant hairstyles are done by many in the present day. They are elegant, carry a vintage charm about it and are totally stylish. Hence one can choose this style boldly as they are sure to leave a lasting impression with sarees.