Green Tea Diet
For this green tea diet plan to work as a detox diet, you will need a diary and a calendar. You will need to check your calendar and mark out a week that is free from all parties, weddings and other social functions. These may derail your detox plan.
Foods not to intake:
Given below is a list of the foods that you need to avoid during this diet:
- Alcohol and cigarettes
- Milk products (you are allowed ½ a cup of unsweetened yoghurt with acidophilus every day)
- Sugar, maple syrup, honey, and all kinds of artificial sweeteners
- Coffee and cream
- Grains: whole grains like wheat (bread, biscuits, cakes, pasta), and other grain like oats, rice, rye, barley, and spelt
- All kinds of dried fruits
See More: High Protein Diet Plan
Foods you can intake:
Given below is a list of the foods you are allowed to intake during this diet:
• Fruit: All kinds of fresh fruits are allowed for this diet
• Vegetables: All kinds of fresh vegetables are allowed for this diet
• Fish: All kinds of fresh fish are allowed, along with fish that has been canned in water or olive oil
• All types of lean meat, like lean red meat, poultry (without the skin). The servings of meat should be limited to two per week.
• Legumes: All kinds are allowed, including those that are dried or canned. For example, kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils
• Eggs: all kinds, but preferably organic ones.
• Fat: Only Olive oil (preferably the extra virgin variety) for dressing and unprocessed Coconut oil for cooking
• Nuts: All types of raw unsalted nuts like almonds, pistachios, walnuts, macadamias and cashews
• Seeds: All kinds of raw unsalted seeds like sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds.
• Tea: All types like green tea, white tea, and decaffeinated weak black tea
• Water: This is essential. You need to consume 8 to 12 glasses of water per day
Your Detox diet plan Spans over the next seven days
See More: Acai Berry Diet Weight Loss
1. Morning lemon juice:
For this, squeeze half a lemon of its juice into a cup of luke warm water. Drink this right before breakfast to clean your system
During the detox diet, your aim should be to exercise for one hour daily. You need to do heavy cardio, something that makes you swear, like jogging, skipping, cycling, climbing stairs, hot yoga or boxing. These vigorous exercise help to increase the lymph flow and pump the blood circulation to help in sweating out toxins.
3. Raw foods:
You should cut down on the cooking process and focus on eating mostly raw foods. These raw foods contain significantly more nutrients and enzymes. You should try adding clean and fresh legume sprouts to your salad daily. You will need to reduce your daily consumption of meat, fish and poultry. Your intake should not exceed 4 to 6 ounces or 113 to 170 grams every day. You will also need to cut back on your fat intake. Choosing plant based proteins like legumes are a better option.
See More: Grapefruit Diet For Weight Loss
You should drink three to eight litres of fluid daily. A bare minimum intake of 8 to 12 glasses of water in needed every day. This will help in kidney detoxification. Alternate between pure spring water; fresh 100 per cent fruit juices, fresh vegetable juice and herbal detox teas. You should reduce intake of sweetened foods or those foods which contain high-fructose corn syrup.100 per cent fruit juices have no added sugars and are allowed.
A “cleansing” reaction is experienced by most people during the first few days of the detox- this includes headaches and loose motion and irregular bowel movements. This is caused by the abrupt removal of some foods from the diet and also due to the accumulation of toxins among the organs. These symptoms generally subside in about 24 to 48 hours.
Image Source: Shutter stock