Weight Loss! The most searched term on the internet! With sedentary lifestyles, junk food and irregular sleeping habits, obesity has become quite common. Reversing this condition and getting back to a slimmer body is quite difficult and can be impossible sometimes. However, bringing a change in your diet and some discipline in your habits can get you back on your feet. One such diet plan that we bring to you in this article is the 7 Day egg Diet. This program, as the name suggests is all about including eggs in various forms to help you lose weight. Let’s get more into details to understand about the One week egg diet plan.
What Is The One Week Egg Diet Plan?
Eggs are one of the nutritious foods available to us. They are protein-rich and low in carbohydrates and calories. The One week egg diet plan comprises of an egg diet, along with having water, non-sugar fluids and any other carb foods. Eating eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner is various formats is said to promote weight loss, along with offering the right amounts of protein to the body.
Does The One Week Egg Diet Really Work?
Eating eggs for breakfast may be a perfect way to start to your day! However, an indulgence on eggs for all three meals a day, for a week, may sound like a bad idea. But the truth is that having an egg diet for a week, can do wonders to your body if you pay heed to the instructions of the diet. Cutting down carbohydrates for your body forces it to fuel the energy from the accumulated fat. This leads to effective utilization of the fat cells, resulting in a slim and trim body.
Benefits of One Week Egg Diet:
Following are some of the major benefits of following the 7 day egg diet:
- Eggs help provide vitamin D which is very useful for reversing symptoms of PCOS which is linked directly to obesity.
- Eggs contain Biotin, an essential element required to speed up your metabolism rate and ensure proper digestion.
- The Eggs also contain Vitamin E which makes it a very essential food for all age groups starting from babies to octogenarians.
- Eating eggs regularly is said to reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Being rich in protein, eggs can help in strengthening muscles and tone them with exercise.
Basic Guidelines To Follow The 7 Day Egg Diet Plan:
The One Week egg Diet plan is a fast weight loss diet, with high protein content. However, do not continue it for over 2 weeks at a time. Apart from this, there are a few preconditions of the diet which must be followed to avoid side effects.
- Do not consume salt, use a substitute instead.
- Clinically drink 8 glasses of water every day.
- Do not add cream or sugar to any beverages.
- Salad vegetables to only include tomato, lettuce and celery/cucumber.
- Vegetables should be boiled & drained, vinegar/lemon juice may only be used.
- Salads without dressing – vinegar, lemon juice or artificial sweetener may be added to taste.
- Only lean white meat allowed.
- No eating between meals and maintain the time for every meal.
- Do not skip any meals, whatsoever.
- No alcohol consumption during the diet.
- Have 1 egg if you are a small framed woman, 2 eggs for others.
How To Plan One Week Egg Diet To Lose Weight?
Here’s a sample one week egg diet menu plan to help you get an idea on how it works:
Diet Day 1:
- Breakfast: Grilled tomato sandwich with only tomatoes and seasoning.
- Lunch: Any fresh fruit, the more the water content the better.
- Dinner: 2 eggs, salad and grapefruit. Grapefruit gives the essential antioxidants for this diet.
Diet Day 2:
- Breakfast: Have raw or juice of Grapefruit with 1 boiled egg.
- Lunch: Roast chicken (any amount) and tomatoes. This provides a high doze of protein that helps burn fats.
- Dinner: Grilled steak and salad. Again Use very little oil to grill it. Possibly opt for Olive oil.
Diet Day 3:
- Breakfast: Have raw or juice of Grapefruit with 1 boiled egg, same as the previous day.
- Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs and salad. The salad seasoning will compensate for the tasteless eggs.
- Dinner: Grilled steak and salad with minimal oil as before.
Diet Day 4:
- Breakfast: Similar to day one repeat dry toast with 2 poached eggs.
- Lunch: Any quantity of fresh fruit servings: the colorful, the better.
- Dinner: Grilled steak with a helping of salad.
Diet Day 5:
- Breakfast: A slice of dry toast with two poached eggs.
- Lunch: Tomatoes with two poached eggs.
- Dinner: Fresh or tinned fish and salad. This will equip the body with Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
Read: Cabbage Soup Diet Plan
Diet Day 6:
- Breakfast: 1 boiled egg and glass full of grapefruit juice.
- Lunch: Any helpings of fresh fruit as previously consumed.
- Dinner: Roast chicken, with boiled carrots and beans.
Diet Day 7:
- Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with sun dried tomatoes.
- Lunch: 2 poached eggs over blanched spinach.
- Dinner: Grilled chicken and herb dressed salad.
Repeat the same for another week and see the difference in your weight. This works best with some workout and physical activity to help burn the bundles of energy that the protein intake will create.
In case you are looking to shed those pounds, start the egg diet. That’s probably the best way to start. Eggs are low in calories and fat and hence changing your breakfast pattern may actually bring in a lot of change. For an average adult, 2 eggs a day will do the magic. But don’t miss out on one egg white for your breakfast. This time, break the fast with eggs!
Side Effects Of 1 Week Egg Diet Plan:
The 7 Day Egg Diet Plan is not without any side effects. You are very likely to experience discomfort and inconvenience during the first few days of this diet. Some of the possible symptoms are:
- Stomach Upset
- Bad Breath
- Lack Of Energy Due To Reduced Carbohydrates.
- Constipation Due To Lack Of Fiber In Eggs.
Now that you have understood this unique one-week egg plan diet, you consider trying it. As with any diet plan, it is important to seek the advice of your nutritionist to know if this plan works for your body. Also, customization to the program may be essential depending on your age, health factors, and BMI. The most important point is that going back to your old habits will make you gain weight faster than before after shedding the diet plan. Change your lifestyle along with your diet to see the difference!