Kellogg’s is a popular brand in many households, named for its quality cereals. Trusted by many mothers across the world, Kellogg’s cereals are the best way to start your day. Apart from giving you an easy and tasty breakfast time, Kellogg’s diet plan cereals also claim to help you lose weight in just two weeks. You can now include your favourite cereals for lunch and dinner as well, to lose up to 6 pounds. Sounds exciting? Let’s begin with understanding what this plan is all about, the method, as well as the side effects.
What Is The Special K Diet?
The special K diet challenge is designed to promote a quick loss by reducing the total calorie intake through portion control. It was started as a marketing strategy by the Kellogg’s company as a part of the study to understand the benefits of a cereal diet for weight loss. The diet suggests replacing two or meals with cereals to impart more fibre in your diet to help you shed pounds.
Is Kellogg’s Special Diet Plan Good For You?
The special K diet by Kellogg’s is just a temporary way to lose a few inches. It is mainly intended for those who are attending a wedding in two weeks or some public appearances. However, these cereals are not whole grain and hence may have lower fibre and protein compared to the regular fruit and vegetable diet. Besides, it is also not complete in nutrition and is not advisable for a long-term goal.
Kellogg’s Special K Nutrition:
Here is a nutritional value of Kellogg’s Special K diet program:
- Total Calories: 120 Cal
- Carbohydrates: 19 gm
- Fat: 1 gm
- Protein: 10 gm
- Dietary Fiber: 3 gm
- Sugar: 7 gm
- Sodium: 190 mg
- Potassium: 125 mg
- Vitamin A: 15 %
- Vitamin C: 35 %
- Calcium: 2 %
- Iron: 45 %
Kellogg’s Special K Benefits:
Let us look into some of the key benefits of the Kellogg’s Special K Diet:
- It is quite simple to follow and involves no rigid rules.
- You can include important foods like fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Best way to snack at any time of the day.
- The diet is quite low in calories.
- Can keep you full for long.
- It is a faster way to lose weight.
Kellogg’s special diet helps you to lose weight. The women, who on an average consumed 2200 calories in a day, consumed only 1560 calories on the special cereals diet. So, this reduces the calorie consumption in a day and after two weeks of diet helps to reduce a few pounds.
See More: What Is Kosher Diet
How Does Kellogg’s Special K Diet Work?
The diet is very simple. All you need to do is have a bowl of Kellogg’s special K cornflakes during breakfast and repeat the same for any meal replacement. If you can carry on this diet for two weeks, you will be able to lose three to six pounds.
- While you are on the diet, it also allows you to go on with the same snacks and drinks as before. But, to get the best results, you should maintain a properly balanced meal consumption every day. Your meal should have more quantities of vegetables and fruits.
- The diet simply lowers the calorie intake in a day. A cup of skimmed milk with a cup of Kellogg’s special K cereals have around 170 calories.
- If you want to add fruits like apples, you will get around 250 calories. So, if you can calculate and continue taking 250 calories in breakfast and lunch or dinner, even after the completion of two weeks, then you can get better results.
- However, you need to take healthy snacks along with the diet. If you eat healthy snacks and one normal meal along with the cereal diet, the calorie intake would keep you healthy. Make sure your third meal (normal meal) is not loaded with food items that are high in calorie. Then, you will not find any weight loss at the end of two weeks.
Special K Diet Meal Plan:
Let us take a look into the sample Kellogg’s k special diet plan that you can follow:
Morning (6:00 AM – 6:30 AM):
Green Tea or Honey and Lemon with warm water.
Breakfast (8:00 AM- 9:00 AM):
One bowl Special K with low-fat skim milk.
Pre-Lunch (10:30 AM):
One Apple or Orange.
Lunch (12:30 PM – 1:00 PM):
One Bowl Special K with Skim Milk, Vegetable Soup & Salad.
Post-Lunch (2:30 PM):
One Fruit or Yoghurt.
Evening Snack (4:30 PM – 5:00 PM):
Green Tea, Multigrain Cookies.
Dinner (7:30 PM – 8:00 PM):
One Bowl Special K with Skim Milk and Honey.
See More: P90X Diet Guide
Foods To Eat In Special K Diet:
Along with the Kellogg’s K diet cereal, you can also include these foods in your diet list:
- Vegetables like Spinach, Cabbage, Bell Peppers, Squash, Broccoli, Bok Choy etc.,
- Fruits like Apple, Orange, Watermelon, Muskmelon, Plum, Apricot Etc.
- Lean Protein like Chicken, Tuna, Mushrooms, Lean Beef, Lentils, Chickpeas etc.,
- Healthy Fats like Flax Seed oil, Ghee, Olive Oil etc.,
- Low Fat Dairy like Skim milk, yoghurt.
- Spices and Herbs.
- Health Beverages like buttermilk.
Foods To Avoid In Special K Diet:
Along with the above foods, it is also important to avoid these foods from your diet:
- Potato and Sweet Potato
- Sugar foods
- Packaged Fruit Juices
- Added White Sugar
Kellogg’s Special K Side Effects:
Along with understanding the benefits of the program, you must also learn about the side effects of this diet plan:
- Weakness due to decreased amount of calories.
- Loss of Nutrition.
- Added sugar and salt in Kellogg’s can pose health risks.
- May cause serious health risks in pregnant women or those with chronic medical problems.
See More: Gerd Diet Plan
This Kellogg’s diet plan should not be repeated frequently. If you are a pregnant woman or a nursing mother, then you need to consult the physician before starting on the diet. When you are opting for the Kellogg’s diet, then continue with a well-balanced meal plan. You should consult a healthcare professional to prepare a diet chart for you. You will surely lose four to six pounds in these two weeks!