The disease of Liver can be very serious that needs proper treatment with monitoring from specialist. Liver specialist is also called as hepatologist. You have to be aware of liver disease to be treated as early as possible. This process helps in prevention of cirrhosis, failure or liver cancer. Thus, to do this get your liver functions annually checked with blood test.
Fatty liver happens when there is excess fat accumulated in the liver cells. Thus in this case the normal and healthy liver tissues re replaced by fatty tissue. The fat attacks the liver very gradually and destroys it. Fatty liver looks yellow and greasy and is also enlarged or swollen with loads of fat. It can slow metabolism of your body fat stores that can burn less fat and the patients starts gaining weight.
Causes of Fatty Liver:
This can be caused due to various reasons like improper diet, gain in weight, obesity, consuming loads of alcohol or diabetes. There can also be other reasons like malnourishment, metabolic disorders or due to excessive intake of pain killers.
Effects of a Fatty Liver:
If you are suffering from Fatty Liver, there are certain things to remember for easy identification of symptoms. Fatty liver can be extremely risky to health and lead to serious complications liken liver damage, liver cancer and organ damage. The other effects of fatty liver diseases are:
- Feeling unwell,
- Excess fatigue
- Elevated liver enzymes.
- Weight gain in abdominal area
- Can’t lose weight
- Increase in cholesterol or triglyceride levels
- Overheating body
- Excessive sweat
- Red and itchy eyes
- Discomfort of liver area
See More: How To Keep Lungs Healthy
Can Fatty Liver Be Cured Completely?
If you are diagnosed with a simple Non-Alcoholic fatty liver, it is possible to reverse the symptoms completely. While there is medication available to do the same, you can reduce the fat buildup on liver. Making simple lifestyle changes can effectively help in reducing the fatty liver. The main aspect to consider is to lose weight. This can be done by reducing fatty and starchy food. Inculcating a healthy exercise regime can also help in reversing the fatty liver. Taking medicine for cholesterol reduction is also proven to cure fatty liver completely.
How To Reduce Fatty Liver:
1. Consume Less Carbohydrate:
Bad and improper diet can be the key to fatty liver disease. Thus, it is must to avoid sugar and the foods of white flour. A proper intake of the carbohydrate rich foods also promotes fatty liver, since liver can convert excess carbohydrate in fat. The Foods which have to be avoided are as follows:
- White bread,
- White rice,
- Breakfast cereals like cornflakes,
- Cakes and pastry,
- Fresh fries,
2. Consume Less Amount of Alcohol:
Alcohol consumption in the more quantity is 2nd biggest reason for fatty liver. Alcohol tends to have inflammation by damaging the liver cells. This results in any fatty infiltration. Patients that have fatty liver must lower the intake of alcohol consumption up to 7 standard drinks in a week.
See More: How To Keep Your Liver Healthy
3. Include Vegetables, Fruits, Protein And Good Fats in Your Diet:
Vegetables and fruits that are raw are considered the best to heal fatty liver. They are useful to cleanse and also repair any liver filter. This also ensures to trap and also remove excess fat and the toxins from your bloodstream. Consume loads of vegetables that are cooked as well as in raw salads with fresh fruits.
Protein is vital element to maintain the levels of the blood sugar that in directly is helpful to lose weight in the abdomen. This can also lower any hunger or cravings. Protein must be consumed with every meal. The best sources of protein are seafood, meat, nuts, seeds, eggs, poultry, legumes, yogurt and cheese.
Healthy fats that you can add in the fatty liver diet is found in olive oil, fish, coconut oil, the flaxseeds, hemp seeds, chia seed, raw nuts and other seeds. Many processed vegetable oil and even margarine tend to worsen the fatty liver. Also Deep fried food is considered worst for fatty liver.
4. Drink Raw Vegetable Juices:
You must consume these 2- 3 times in a week that is around 250 to 300 ml is sufficient. This must have 90 to 95% of vegetables. Citrus fruit is the best to maintain healthy liver.
See More: Tips To Keep Stomach Healthy
5 Natural Treatments To Cure Fatty Liver Fast:
If you are wondering how to cure fatty liver fast, check out the below mentioned natural treatments:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple Cider Vinegar is a natural elixir, which can treat a number of health ailments, including Fatty Liver. It works by burning the accumulated fat on the liver and stimulating weight loss. It is also effective in reducing liver inflammation.
How To Use:
- Take a spoonful of Apple Cider Vinegar in Warm Water
- Drink before meals.
- Use it twice a day for best results.
- You can also add a drop of honey for sweetness
Lemon is a powerful agent to induce weight loss. This Vitamin C rich fruit aids in detoxification of the body, by flushing toxins out. It also promotes burning of fat cells.
How To Use:
- Take a glass of warm water and squeeze the juice of 1 lime
- Add some honey
- Drink this lemon water twice a day before meals
- Best works when consumed on empty stomach
3. Green Tea:
Green tea is not just a soothing drink, but also has wonderful healing properties. It is loaded with high dense catechins that are essential for the functioning of liver. It works by unloading the fat deposited in the liver and enabling smooth functioning of the organ.
How To Make:
- Take a green tea bag
- Seep it in hot water for a few minutes
- Consume the drink hot
- Drink atleast 2-3 cups everyday for best results.
Turmeric is a wonderful herb that is known for its healing properties. It is loaded with antioxidants to treat the condition of fatty liver naturally. It can aid in better digestion of fats and prevent them from accumulating on the liver.
How To Make:
- Add 1/4th tea spoon of turmeric in one glass of water
- Boil it well
- Drink the concoction twice daily
- You can also use low-fat milk
Papaya is very effective in burning the dietary fats present in food. It is also loaded with fiber that can naturally aid in digestion process and also help in flushing the unwanted waste from the system smoothly.
How To Use:
- Take a slice of Papaya with Honey
- Use it everyday
- You can go for boiled papaya seeds for maximum benefits
Top 5 Exercises For Fatty Liver:
Exercise is indispensable to treating fatty liver disease. It can help you burn fat and also stay active. Exercises aid in weight loss, which can treat fatty liver effectively.
Walking is one of the simplest, yet highly effective exercise in burning fat. It can help in making your body flexible and also preventing chronic diseases like fatty liver and obesity.
- Walk atleast 10,000 steps each day
- Brisk walking is the best way to burn fat cells
- Go for a walk early in the morning to effectively reduce fatty liver
Aerobics are one of the intensive fat burning exercises. These not only aid in boosting your immunity system and increasing your stamina. By improving blood circulation, aerobics can improve the overall health condition. Aerobics the best exercise for fatty liver.
- Opt for intense workouts like Zumba to reduce fatty liver fast
- Music can pump your adrenaline levels and help you exercise well
- Opting For a group can create motivation
3. Strength Training:
Strength training can improve the muscle growth and stamina in the body. It can also aid in burning fatty liver fast. It can help in weight loss by maximizing the capacity of fat cells. Mixing various exercises can achieve faster results.
- Do atleast 40 minutes of workout per day
- Involve all the areas like chest, abdomen, legs etc. for burning fat equally
- Make sure you do it atleast 3 times a day for 3 months
Yoga is one of the best and ancient practices to detoxify your liver. There are a number of asanas which can promote healthy liver and reduce fatty liver. These asanas are simple and can be done at home.
- Perform asanas like Kapalbhati Pranayama, Dhanurasana help in massaging the liver area
- They stimulate the organ and enable better functioning
- It can also promote better production of enzymes for good digestion
5. Core Exercises:
Core exercises include a set of different exercises for fatty liver reduction. These help in strengthening your body and also focus on specific areas like liver to burn the fat cells.
- Specific exercises like push-ups, planks and squats can help in burning fat
- You need to combine these exercises together and choose the optimum workout
- Work with an equipment is also helpful
We hope you will follow these tips and get rid of fatty liver fast to avoid chronic health issues.