In the Kundalini form of Yoga, our hands are considered to be the reflex zone. Different areas of our hands correspond to different parts of our body and different areas of our brain. Application of pressure on these hand zones or stimulating these points with pressure or gentle massage leads to varied effects on your bodies that can lead to improvement of health and recovery of ailments. In a way, your hands represent a miniature form of your entire body that is one main reason as to why his hand and foot reflexology so commonly practiced these days.
The Power of Healing Mudras and its Transformation:
This article presented here is all about the mechanisms of action of healing mudras and the effects of these Mudras for healing on the well being of the practitioner. Read out below for more in depth details about mudras for healing.
Hand Mudras with Yoga Asanas:
Hand mudras are most often combined with deep breathing exercises also known as pranayama. Hand Mudras can also be combined with certain types of asanas. Mudras have found to be very effective in bringing about holistic health; physically, mentally as well as spiritually.
Nadi System :
Exerting moderate intensity pressure on certain points on your palms and fingertips leads to activation of specific energy pathways or Nadis (nerves). Nadis are a network or matrix of channels that weave through our physical nerves, brain and chakras of the body. A healthy Nadi system is important for overall health of an individual. There are around 72000 nadis in our body out of which, 14 are the major ones. The Sushumna, Pingala nadi and the ida nadi are considered to be the most important ones.
Hand Mudras Represents:
Hand mudras aid in bringing about a harmonic balance between the various elements, those being: Fire, Earth, Water, Air and Space. So, that none of the element exists in excess and none in deficiency. Performing hand Mudras directs the energy to flow to the upper Chakras of the body and thus, helps in establishing a link between all the koshas of your body.
Also, your hands are supposed to be the bearers of your Karma and your fingers are your power points. So, performance of hand mudras establishes a link between Pranic energy and the Universal energy.
See More: Prana Mudra Benefits
Yoga Hand Healing Mudras and Benefits with Pictures:
When it comes to mudras for healing power in body the below 7 mudras are supported to increase the energy levels and maintain good health system.
These are very easy to perform that you can do any time in any manner without any other restrictions. These healing power of mudras can perform in the position of sitting, standing, traveling or walking. But for best heath results most of the people and we also prefer the lotus yoga pose (padmasana) or sukhasana or vajrasana.
1. Gyan Mudra for Healing Power:
How To Do:
Peacefully sit in a lotus posture and keep your hand on knee then touch thumb tip with your index finger tip and keep the remaining three fingers free like straight or close.
Benefits Towards Health:
- This gyan hand mudra helps to relax your mind and improves the ability to concentrate better.
- It keeps brain power sharp and smart.
- It can cure insomnia (inability to sleep)
- Regular practice can keep you stress relief and depression.
2. Healing Mudra Vayu:
How To Do:
Fold Your index finger towards palm show like above image and the press with the base of thumb. And rest of the three fingers keep extend as much as possible.
- This yoga mudra eliminates excessive gas from your body
- It can gives relief in problems associated with the air element such as: Flatulence, constipation, cervical spondylitis, arthritis etc.
See More: Hakini Mudra
3. Prithvi Mudra for Healing (Mudra Of Earth):
How To Do:
First of all you touch the tip of your ring finger with tip of thumb and then pressing the both fingers with each other then kept the remaining fingers extended out.
- This mudra gesture balances the element Earth in your body.
- It improves body weight, blood circulation, digestive power and vitamin deficiency associated problems.
4. Agni Mudra (Mudra of Fire):
How To Do :
This mudra is related to fire element in your body. Close the ring finger towards palm and press second phalanx with thumb base and rest of the fingers keep extend out side like straight. Do it on early morning with empty stomach for best results. Who are suffering from acidity don’t do this Agni mudra.
- It helps to reduce the levels of Cholesterol in the body, reduces fats, improves metabolism and boosts the immune system.
5. Jal Mudra (Varuna Mudra/ Mudra of Water):
This is very simple to follow and basic yoga mudra also. Simply touch the little finger tip with tip of thumb and don’t press the fingers and then keep rest of the fingers straight like shown above picture. The preferable position is sitting with cross-legged.
- It improves blood circulation, reduces body aches.
- It helps in bringing back taste sensations and helps in reducing dryness of mouth.
See More: Tse Mudra Benefits
6. Shunya Mudra (Mudra of Emptiness):
How To Do :
First phalanx of your middle finger should be pressed with thumb base.
- It is helpful in ENT (Ear, Nose,Tongue) problems, vertigo and motion sickness.
7. Prana Healing (Mudra Mudra of Life):
How To Do :
First you bend your little finger and ring finger then touch these two fingers tips to tip of thumb.
- It makes you feel more energetic and helps boost the body’s immunity, too.
- This can prevent tiredness
- Cure the eye problems and increase eye power.
The above article furnishes all the key details related to how can Mudras for healing help you by explaining their methods of action in detail.