Nails are a very significant factor of our body and help to add to the sophistication and beauty that the body offers. Without our nails our hands would look bare and empty. They are used for a variety of jobs which would not be possible without them. Nails grow naturally and must be groomed so that they look beautiful. Sometimes people face certain problems related to their nails ranging from slow growth to yellowing which can be easily dealt with by the help of simple home remedies which work quickly and efficiently. Given below is a detailed account on how to use olive oil for the betterment of your nails effectively.
Olive oil is a very natural and oxidizing agent that is the perfect remedy for any nail problem that you may be facing:-
Heated olive oil:
- Pour some olive oil into a bowl and heat it in a microwave till the olive oil is nice and hot.
- Then dip your fingers into the olive oil and keep it there for 15-20 minutes.
- Do this at least thrice a week to keep your nails healthy.
The heated olive oil provides a good amount of moisturization required for your nails. Heated olive oil is a great oxidizing agent that helps to moisturize your cuticles around your nails thus stimulating moisturization and also stimulating growth of your nails. If done properly then the skin around your nails along with your nails will be in a fantastic condition over time.
See More: Olive Oil For Psoriasis
- Massaging is another effective way to keep your nails healthy.
- Massage olive oil into your cuticles and your nails daily to lock in the moisture.
- Do this at night and leave it overnight. Alternatively keep it massaged at any point of the day when you are not doing anything.
The constant massage will help you to gain more moisturized fingernails as compared to what you had before. Massaging olive oil is an easy process and can be completed fast. Massaging your nails with olive oil is a great way to spread the oil manually all around your skin and fingertips allowing you to get the oil into all the nook and crannies of your fingers.
- To apply a new shine to your finger nails, apply olive oil directly onto your nails and then clean then use a clean cloth as a buffer. This will provide a new shine to your nails the likes of which you have not seen before.
- You can also use a dry sponge to slowly caress your skin so as to avoid any skin lesions from occurring. The gentler you are the cleaner and healthier your nails will be.
Buffering is the perfect way to get ready for any event where you want to flash clean and well taken care of nails. It requires very little time to finish and is one of the easiest olive oil home remedies for your fingernails.
See More: Coconut Oil Vs Olive Oil For Skin
To add a new shine,
- increase the moisturization of your nails and fingers soak your fingertips in warm olive oil for 15 to 20 minutes and then dry your hands naturally without wiping.
- Then place two gloves over your hands and leave it over night.
- Do this at least twice a week for splendid results.
Always use clean gloves and wash the gloves you have used the morning after so that no remnants of the olive oil stay back when you need to use the gloves again. The gloves are meant to trap in the olive oil so that it the fingers stay moist over time. It is a great remedy to stimulate your nails to grow if you are having this specific problem.
Use non-absorbent gloves if possible so that a very less amount of olive oil leaves your hands throughout the night.
See More: Castor Oil For Constipation
Oils like tea tree oil and olive oil are known for strengthening nails. Olive oil for toenails are also good way to keep the toe nail healthy. It can be quickly absorbed into your skin and will resolve the brittle nails. They also help to restore the moisture and pack it into the nails effectively. Try this out today and see best results in a month.