A festival that celebrates the bond shared between a brother and sister, which signifies the care and protection between them, is the festival of Raksha Bandhan. Celebrated on the full moon of the fifth month in the Hindu Year (Shravan), a very auspicious month when the woman also applies mehndi for Raksha Bandhan, the festival is widely celebrated across India. The sister ties a red and gold thread known as Rakhi around the brother’s wrist, entwining him in a bond where he promises to protect her in any situation. The relationship can be shared between any duo, but majorly it’s the brother-sister duo.
People have added their bit to this festival throughout the year by including Rakhi special goods. Though this isn’t limited to interests, mehndi designs for Raksha Bandhan have also become a much-loved addition to the festival. Some professionals have started designing unique mehndi designs and patterns for the festival. Let’s check out some of the most special mehndi designs for the Rakhi festival.
1. Best Mehndi Design For Rakhi:
This particular mehndi design is one of the most appropriate representations of the celebration of Raksha Bandhan. While the four sides of the palm have some traditional henna design, in the centre, we can see a depiction of the festival. On the one hand, we can see the sister sitting with a plate full of things similar to a ‘PoojakiThali’ and tying a thread on her brother’s wrist; on the other palm, we can see the brother outstretching his hand and a gift box by his side.
- Suitable Body Part: Suitable for the Palms.
- Perfect Outfit and ornaments: Any traditional Indian outfit paired with conventional Indian decorations will look great together with this design.
2. Intricate Raksha Bandhan Mehndi Design:
This design is perfect if you like adding a more creative touch to their henna designs. The design also looks like two Rakhi’s kept side by side. This beautiful design does not require much application time; it just requires minor intricate detailing.
- Suitable Body Part: More ideal for the front and back of palms, it can also be applied on the shoulders as a tattoo design.
- Perfect Outfit and ornaments: This design will look good with western and traditional outfits.
3. Latest Happy Raksha Bandhan (Rakhi) Mehndi Design:
A design that looks different from everyone else’s if that is what you have been looking for, then this design can be a good choice for you. A combination of different styles of henna designs, it is a quick and unique design that may not take a lot of time to apply as it does not have a lot of intricate detailing.
- Suitable Body Part: Suitable for the front and back of the palms.
- Perfect Outfit and ornaments: This design will look good with all kinds of outfits as it is not a traditional mehndi design.
See More: Special Gift Ideas for Rakhi
4. Mehndi Design for Rakhi 2022:
This mehndi design can be your first project if you plan to do some DIY work. Made out of flowers, paisley and simple curved lines, this design is easy and simple to apply for any first time. The design also looks like a giant Rakhi sprawled across the palm.
- Suitable Body Part: This design is ideal for both the front and back of the palm and can also be applied on the back or arm like a tattoo.
- Perfect Outfit and ornaments: This design will look good with any traditional or Indo-western outfit and jewellery.
5. Simple Rakhi Mehndi Design(भाई):
Show your love with this Rakhi (भाई) mehndi design. This design can be a pretty good idea for this Raksha Bandhan.
- Suitable Body Part: This design is ideal for the front and back of the palm and the arm.
- Perfect Outfit and ornaments: This design will look great when paired with traditional or Indo-western outfits and decorations.
6. Mehndi Design for Raksha Bandhan(Saluno):
The simplest and easy-to-apply mehndi design is right in front of you. A simple brother and sister design, it can be customized to your liking with just some small flowers and paisleys at your fingertips. Although a minimal and straightforward design, it quickly fills your hands.
- Suitable Body Part: Suitable for the front and back of the palm.
- Perfect Outfit and ornaments: This mehndi design can be paired with any traditional or western outfit.
See More: Best Back Hand Mehndi Designs
7. New Style Mehndi Design for Rakhi:
This mehndi design is what looks like a never-ending bond between brother and sister. The design entirely covers your hands; people looking for a design that isn’t too simple but not too tricky either can pick this one for Raksha Bandhan.
- Suitable Body Part: Suitable for the front of the palm.
- Perfect Outfit and ornaments: This mehndi design will look great when paired with traditional outfits.
8. Creative Rakhi Mehndi Design:
This design looks like a Rakhi of henna has been applied to the palms; you can tell your brother that you too promise to protect him; you got the Rakhi too! This is also known as the Rakhi mehendi design.
- Suitable Body Part: Suitable for the front and back of the palm.
- Perfect Outfit and ornaments: This design because its structure can be paired with any outfit.
9. Bracelet Style Mehndi for Rakhi:
If you want to upgrade your design from the circular mandala-like design slightly, then the design is a good option. More than a henna design, this design looks like a hand accessory, making it look even more attractive with its simplicity.
- Suitable Body Part: This design is ideal for the back of the palm.
- Perfect Outfit and ornaments: Since it looks like an excellent hand accessory, you can pair it with any outfit and minimal decorations.
10. Floral Mehndi for Raksha Bandhan:
If you like to go all out when it comes to something, then this mehndi design is all you want. A more intricate and filling henna design, this design consists of many famous patterns such as checks, mandala, paisley, etc. Though filling and intricate, it isn’t too difficult to apply because of its repetitive patterns.
- Suitable Body Part: Suitable for both the front and back of the palm.
- Perfect Outfit and ornaments: This outfit is suitable for traditional Indian outfits such as sarees and salwar suits.
Tips For Rakhi Mehndi Designs:
- Apply mehndi a day or two before the festival so your mehndi will have matured into a beautiful dark stain on the day of the festival.
- If you aren’t too sure about the application of mehndi designs, take the help of a professional who will cater to your needs and charge you a price accordingly.
- The more warmth your palm gets, the darker the stain will be, so you can take the fumes of clove after applying mehndi as the heat and clove help retain a darker stain of your mehndi.
Mehndi is considered pure and pious, so applying mehndi on the eve of Raksha Bandhan makes the moment purer. Apart from embarking on the event, the mehndi also makes your hands look pretty and elegant. Mehndi on Raksha Bandhan is one accessory you can adorn for the next few days without hassle.