Mehndi is not just loved by adults but also kids in many instances because of the amount of creativity it offers. Kids like how one can create multiple designs with a henna cone, and they stay for a duration much longer than a pen or marker. Mehndi is considered auspicious and organic; many parents choose to apply easy mehndi designs for kids for weddings and other family functions.
One of the primary reasons adults choose mehndi for kids is its harmless nature. Kids can lose a piece of jewellery, get hurt by it or end up breaking it, but mehndi, it’s so durable that once it dries, it’s going to cause no harm, thus causing no hindrance to any activity. Maybe this is one of the primary reasons kids are often fond of mehndi, so let’s discover more creative and beautiful Mehandi designs for kids with images.
Beautiful Mehndi Designs for Kids (Children):
We have given below the top 25+ simple yet creative Mehendi designs for kids with photos for your child.
1. Cute Heart-Shaped Mehndi Design for Kids:
This simple yet cute design consists of hearts within hearts in the centre of the palm. The hearts are filled in with a checkered pattern and silhouetted with a lacy design. The tiny hearts on the fingertips look cute, with small dotted patterns adjacent to them. This design is easy to create, and your child will love it.
- Suitable for which function: Perfect for everyday tasks like birthday parties or engagements.
- Pair with: Indo western outfits or long frocks.
2. Simple Floral Kids Mehndi Designs:
This design is perfect for little girls who love flowers. A flower is made in the centre, and the method is extended outwards. Different patterns created on the fingertips attract the child and grab their attention. The 4 lines spiralling outwards from the flower in the centre are made by interconnecting dots and add a special touch to the floral mehndi design.
- Suitable for which function: Good for festivals like Sankranthi and Holi.
- Pair with: A salwar kameez or a long skirt with a flower locket and earrings.
3. Flower Creeper Mehndi Design for Kids:
This design is suitable for older kids, requiring a little more time to create. If you want to adorn your child’s hand with flowers and creepers but not make it too heavy, this design is for you. The design is made diagonal, with interconnecting flowers and an extension of the creeper along with the middle finger. The floral motifs on the fingertips add an aesthetic touch to the design.
- Suitable for which function: As the design is slightly heavier, it is ideal for family ceremonies and weddings.
- Pair with: A lehenga or a long skirt.
4. Lace like Mehndi Pattern for Kids:
This design is perfect for kids who want minimalist Mehandi designs on their hands. It features a small floral motif on the side, adjacent to which a lacy pattern is drawn with interconnecting dots. Another lacy pattern is made on the middle finger with bold strokes. Dots are tempted to fill in the gaps in between. This design is simple yet creative and catches the eye for its elegance.
- Suitable for which functions: Suitable for family functions and festivals like Diwali.
- Pair with: Any outfit is suitable, like a frock, jeans or a long skirt.
5. Mandala Easy Mehndi Designs for Kids:
It is a simple round mehndi design for kids. It has a mandala in the centre. And it is drawn by drawing flower petals and extending the pattern outwards. The lacy pattern on the fingertips adds a unique touch to the design. The bold strokes and connecting dots will grab your kid’s attention.
- Suitable for which functions: As it is slightly on the heavy side, wear it for weddings and family functions,
- Pair with Lehenga or a long skirt.
6. Simple Mehndi Design for Kids:
This Mehndi design is exceedingly simple and suitable for younger kids. It starts with a lacy pattern near the wrist with a floral motif adjacent to it. The creepers with bold strokes as leaves are the striking feature of this Mehendi design. This design is extremely easy to make yet very eye-catching.
- Suitable for which functions: Casual functions like birthdays and engagements.
- Pair with Long dresses and into western outfits, preferably chunky jewellery.
7. Giraffe Mehndi Designs for Children:
This is something new for a kid Mehandi design. This giraffe mehndi design will inspire a kid to have mehndi on her hand. A Mehendi designer will always bring something new to the kid’s Mehendi design to encourage them. They can also have many other creatures in mehndi design apart from typical flower and leaf patterns.
- Suitable for Which Function: This is a cool party mehndi design.
- Pair with: Pair this design with western outfits.
8. Arabic Mehndi Designs for Small Girls:
It is a simple Arabic Mehendi design for kids. This design is ideal for energetic kids with no patience for intricate designs drawn on their hands. It involves a flower motif in the centre with 2 creepers extending diagonally in opposite directions. The fingertips are adorned with simple dots to keep it simple and not look too heavy.
- Suitable for which function: Weddings and festivals like Dussehra and Diwali.
- Pair with Salwar kameez, palazzos or Indo-western outfits. Preferably funky jewellery.
9. Butterfly Mehndi Designs for Kids:
Outline with mehndi in the butterfly’s shape, and then fill the gaps with glitters. Avoid any design on your fingertips. You can fill in the butterfly with fake stones as well as normal henna as well. This baby henna design looks simple and cute and can be recommended for smaller kids.
- Suitable for which Function: Most ideal for birthday parties or kids’ parties.
- Pair with: Pair up with your favourite western or indo-western outfit.
10. Moon Mehandi Designs for Small Kids:
We need to make simple yet cute mehndi designs for those tiny hands. Just a flower in the middle of the palm by making a circle filled in and then triangle shapes around it make a flower. Small dots near it or maybe heart-shaped tattoos will be perfect for them. The design is very easy to create and takes minimal time.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for festivals or just casual family functions.
- Pair with: Pair with tiny bracelets or bangles.
11. Glitter Mehndi Designs for Kids:
For the backhand mehndi, you can make a flower towards the edge of the hand. Apply glitters for filling in the shape. The shape of the flower may also be given on the fingertips and gaps again filled by glitters. Glitters have always attracted kids, so they sport these without hesitating.
- Suitable for which Function: Suitable for a family function.
- Pair with: Pair with any indo-western or traditional outfit.
12. Star Mehndi Design for Baby Girl:
Nothing can be exciting for kids like this. Make some stars with glitters and surround them with little dots and arches. Simple and stylish, you can similarly make angels, flowers or other elements that your child loves with glitter. This mehndi design is very simple to draw. You can try to apply it to your baby.
- Suitable for Function: Perfect for a kid’s party or family function.
- Pair with: Pair with a favourite frock or an indo-western outfit.
13. Cute Mehndi Design for Kids:
This mehndi design is a funky one. A beautiful floral motif is drawn on one palm with curved lines extending to the fingertip. The gaps are filled in with bold strokes and look elegant. On the other palm, large petals of a flower are drawn and filled in with curved patterns. A small flower in the corner and a creeper on the fingertip with dots filling in the gaps complete the design.
- Suitable for which functions: Casual functions like birthday parties and engagements.
- Pair it with: Western outfits like dungarees, dresses and jeans.
14. Creeper Mehndi Designs for Kids:
If you want to keep the hand filled with creeper yet simple and not a heavy look, then give the outline of flowers and spirals connected to it. Do not fill in the petals or gaps to avoid Mehandi looking very heavy. Because kids like such kind of simple pattern only as they are still unaware of the trend and designs.
- Suitable for which Function: Perfect for family functions and festivals.
- Pair with: Pair with favourite western or indo-western outfits.
15. Simple Mehndi Design for Kids:
Make a sunflower on the right side near the thumb on the backside of the hand, and then make small dots and spiral stars to give an outline and fill the gaps between. The flower-like shape also looks like a firecracker bursting in the sky, making kids excited. These small Mehandi designs are perfectly suitable for kids who like flowers.
- Suitable for which Function: Best for kid’s parties or festivals.
- Pair with: It Will look good with any favourite outfit, especially indo-western.
16. Flower Mehndi Designs for Kids:
Making spirals with a thin tip Mehandi cone on one end of the palm till the index finger and then giving it flower shapes by filling in the shape is also a simple yet stylish design. Most of the flower mehndi designs indeed attract the kids. The design can also be recreated with little, making them look like little seahorses or snails.
- Suitable for which Function: Suitable for festivals or family functions.
- Pair with: Pair with indo-western or traditional outfits.
17. Dark Red Kids Mehendi Designs:
If your kid is fond of mehndi, you may consider making a flower right in the middle of the palm and then filling it up with traditional figures. Also, make some figures on the fingertips to complete the mehndi design. Kids always play with colours, that’s why this red colour mehndi surely attracts them.
- Suitable for which Function: Suitable for family functions and festivals.
- Pair with: Wear indo-western or traditional clothes and little earrings.
18. Round and Heart Mehndi Designs For Kids:
This heart-shaped and round flower on each palm is also a very good mehndi design for kids below the age of 7 years. Fill up the hearts by giving various boundaries and filling up the gaps with Mehendi, which would be very effective.
- Suitable for Which Function: Most ideal for family functions and festivals.
- Pair with: Pair with a favourite traditional outfit.
19. Arabic Style Mehndi Designs For Kids:
It is a simple Arabic mehndi design for a kid which covers the last finger with a mehndi design. It is an ideal design because kids don’t sit for a long time to complete the whole pattern. The cute tiny hands of a kid with a mehndi design look unique. When a small kid puts mehndi on her hand and wears a lehenga for any marriage function will look cute. All parents would love to adore their baby girl with mehndi.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for parties and festivals.
- Pair with: Pair this with indo-western outfits.
20. Mehndi Cum Tattoo Design:
Today’s cool kids are fond of tattoos, which can harm their skin. So it is the best option to engraft mehndi on their inner hand, which will look like a tattoo itself. The design for this should be funky. In this design, even a name is written. The kid can write something else also. It has become a fashion to have a tattoo on the body. This is the latest design for a tattoo lover. It is simple yet classy.
- Suitable for Which Function: This design will be apt for parties or family functions.
- Pair with: Pair with a dress or an indo-western outfit.
21. Half Hand Mehndi Design for Children:
It is a simple mehndi design for kids who don’t like to fill up their whole hands with mehndi. It is an apt design for a kid because some kids remove mehndi before it gets dry. However, it is simple to design yet gorgeous. It looks like a designer mehndi only. Very thin work is done on it, which is also time-consuming. It looks suitable for a marriage function.
- Suitable for Which Function: Apply this mehndi for family weddings.
- Pair with: Pair it with a traditional outfit.
22. Cute Mehndi Designs for Kids:
It is an easy mehndi design for kids to try out on kids hands. It is a very simple mehndi design as the hand is not covered fully. But it is an apt design for a kid. It will look cute on small hands. Small flowers above one big flower look good on the backside of the palm. Little dots did on mehndi also add magic to a simple design.
- Suitable for Which Function: This is a good design for family functions or festivals.
- Pair with: Pair this with an indo-western pink/purple coloured outfit.
23. Stylish Mehndi Design For Kids:
It is an elegant Mehendi design for kids that they can have for any function. Four simple lines with leaves plus one big flower and the rest small curvy pattern is a stylish one. Small kids who like to put mehndi will surely choose this design. It can be done in the palm area also. It is a trendy design in the kid’s mehndi collection. This is an easy mehndi design for an artist.
- Suitable for Which Function: This mehndi design is good for family functions.
- Pair with: Pair this with chunky bracelets.
24. Chakra Henna Designs for Kids:
A circle with little intricate detailing of curves and dots has been made in the centre of the palm. There are small flowers on the fingertips, dots, and small checker patterns. Circles and dots have been used mostly in this easy mehndi design for hands for kids. This looks like a design especially perfect for Diwali.
- Suitable for Which Function: This design is ideal for family functions and Diwali.
- Pair with: Pair this with the child’s favourite outfit.
25. Flower Mehandi Design for Kids:
A simple yet subtle mehndi design for kids is this design with flowers, leaves and peacock motifs. The design is easy to recreate and can be applied quickly, so the child doesn’t feel too fidgety. The fingertips have been kept simple with curves, teardrops and dots made in a pattern.
- Suitable for Which Function: Primarily ideal for family functions.
- Pair with: Pair this with a traditional outfit and hairband with flowers.
26. Mehndi Design for Baby Girl:
This is a beautiful and cute baby mehndi design with just a little kitten on the palm’s back. The kitten has big button-like eyes, making it look even cuter with small stripes made all over the body, a curved tail, and little ears. Instead of using the sticker and adhesive tattoos on Kids, this is a better alternative.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for family functions and parties.
- Pair with: Pair this with your kid’s favourite western outfit.
27. Band Style Mehndi Design:
A Rakhi-style mehndi design looks like a small band has been sprawled across the palm. This design is appropriate for the festival of Raksha Bandhan and normal family functions. Flowers in different sizes, dots and teardrops have been used to give this band style a new mehendi design for kids, its unique and special look.
- Suitable for Which Function: Suitable for festivals and family weddings.
- Pair with: You can pair this with traditional outfits.
28. Cute and Small Henna Design for Kids:
A curve has been made on the back of the hand with small leaves going up to the centre and the petals of flowers. Little dots and teardrops are made around the design to complete this cute baby hand mehndi design. Your child would love to sport this quick and creative simple mehndi design.
- Suitable for Which Function: Very ideal for festivals and family functions.
- Pair with: Wear an indo-western outfit to look perfect.
Tips to Follow Before Applying Mehndi for Kids:
- Make sure to use only organic or a trusted henna cone for little kids.
- Don’t apply elaborate mehndi designs for kids’ hands, as they can get uncomfortable, itchy, and fidgety.
- Choose a design they like because kids tend to get bored and irritated easily, so they might wash it off immediately.
- Do a small henna patch test on their skin before applying the complete design to ensure they aren’t allergic to the contents.
- Stick to only their palms while applying the design on other parts, such as feet, as that can restrict their movement.
Read Also: Cool Hairstyles for Little Girls
Mehndi designs for kids should be simple yet elegant, as they don’t like full-hand mehndi. They just like simple, little and fancy designs. There should be something innovative for the kid’s mehndi. Plus, the mehndi which you are applying should be free from chemicals. Therefore, mehndi designs for kids should be classy and creative, which inspires them to have mehndi on their hands. Did your little one approve of the Mehandi designs from our article? Do let us know.